Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify for iOS Home Page: How to remove all this junk?

Plan PremiumFree/PremiumCountry USA Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 11xx My Question or IssueBest of artists, Jump back in, Made for (you), Mood, In for the Night, etc. etc. I don't want to see any of the junk - it's just in the way. Any way to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Free/Premium Country  USA   Device iPhone 6   Operating System iOS 11xx     My Question or Issue Best of artists, Jump back in, Made for (you),...
  • rhettdean
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won’t play offline when downloaded

Hulu + Spotify PlanPremium SubscriptionUnited States Device: IPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or IssueOn spoitify, I have the songs and playlists downloaded, but when I go to listen offline, nothing happens or plays. All of the songs ha...

•   Hulu + Spotify Plan Premium Subscription United States   Device: IPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue On spoitify, I have the songs and playlists dow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there no DOWNLOAD SONG button?

Seems like a pretty stupid question for me to ask but is there no download song button in spotify? I have tried spotify premium for 7 days and I realyy want to subscribe right now and swtich to spotify but the problem is I don't know how to download ...

• Seems like a pretty stupid question for me to ask but is there no download song button in spotify? I have tried spotify premium for 7 days and I realyy want to subscribe right now and swtich to spoti...
  • rhettdean
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs keeps skipping via usb (Ford Focus 2014)

everythings fine but if i connect via usb with the car it keeps skipping the songs on loop. A single song workaround: If i start to play the song with device unplugged and after 4-5 seconds into the song I plug it into the usb port then i can listen ...

• everythings fine but if i connect via usb with the car it keeps skipping the songs on loop. A single song workaround:  If i start to play the song with device unplugged and after 4-5 seconds int...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
    aux
    focus
    Ford
    skipping
    usb
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Search - An error occurred, try again.

Hi, This search-error thing has been goin on for months now.Most of the time when i try to search in the app it just says "Error occurred, try again". It works fine on my MacBook with the latest OS and Spotify app. Whats going on? i use search for li...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   This search-error thing has been goin on for months now. Most of the time when i try to search in the app it just says "Error occurred, try again". It works fine on my MacBook with the ...
  • Maltin0
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching from Bluetooth to Spotify connect requires additional step of disconnecting

DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My IssueWhen connected to bluetooth I first have to disconnect from the bluetooth device before I'm able to select a Spotify Connect device.

• Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12  My Issue When connected to bluetooth I first have to disconnect from the bluetooth device before I'm able to select a Spotify Connect device.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Selection of songs in my playlist

PlanFreeCountry: US Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueIn my spotify playlsit, there are some songs which are played frequently, while others are played after a long time. I always listen to spotify on Shuffle play. Can some...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country: US   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue In my spotify playlsit, there are some songs which are played frequently, while others a...
  • ankushs
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can someone please explain this?

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone SE)Operating System(iOS 12.01) My Question or Issue Why do the different versions of Spotify act differently? On my computer I can pick individual songs from my playlist and repeat or shuffle etc. them. That’s why I pr...

• Plan Free Country USA Device (iPhone SE) Operating System (iOS 12.01)    My Question or Issue  Why do the different versions of Spotify act differently? On my computer I can ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 'Charts' dissapeared from Iphone App

I can't see my charts option on the app for some reason for 2 days already. any help? i can see only 'Home' 'Search' and 'Your library' charts are missing between the home and the search tab

• Music Fan
  • I can't see my charts option on the app for some reason for 2 days already. any help?   i can see only 'Home' 'Search' and 'Your library'  charts are missing between the home and the sea...
  • Jacobmarkman
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Played something on my phone and my ipad syncs - how to turn of?

Since a few days I expirience a behaviour that is new to me. When played an Album on my phone, my ipad syncs to the same last played song on my phone and vice versa. I use my phone to listen to Audiobooks while on my way from and to work and my ipda ...

• Regular
  • Since a few days I expirience a behaviour that is new to me.   When played an Album on my phone, my ipad syncs to the same last played song on my phone and vice versa.   I use my phone ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded music will not sync to iPhone

My Question or IssueI have downloaded some CDs to my music library on my Dell laptop. I see the songs in the local files on the left side of the desktop app. I have created at least five playlists (recreating the same list over and over to get it to ...

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue I have downloaded some CDs to my music library on my Dell laptop.  I see the songs in the local files on the left side of the desktop app.  I have created at l...
  • Vespawood
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing Radio and Explore Buttons

Hi everybody, Since a few days my radio and explore buttons have disappeared from the bottom bar on my iphone 8. I already have disconnect my account uninstall the app and push some update of spotify since my problem appeared but i'm unable to get ba...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody,   Since a few days my radio and explore buttons have disappeared from the bottom bar on my iphone 8. I already have disconnect my account uninstall the app and push some update o...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Disable “This Is: Artist”

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Is there a way to disable Spotify’s “This Is..” playlists. When I hit “Shuffle Play” on an artist it’s because I want to mix their entire catalogue not just w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  Is there a way to disable Spotify’s “This Is..” playlists. When I hit “S...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution can't edit a collaborative playlist

PlanFreeDeviceiPhone 6 My Question or Issue A friend sent me a collaborative list from his Android phone. When I open the link he sent me it opens on my Spotify app on my iphone but I can't add songs. It only has "preview". We both use the free versi...

• Plan Free Device iPhone 6  My Question or Issue   A friend sent me a collaborative list from his Android phone. When I open the link he sent me it opens on my Spotify app on my i...
  • swainjo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated IOS and its now a blank screen

PlanFree/PremiumCountry NZ Device(iPhone 7Operating System(iOS 12.01 My Question i updated IOS and now can only see the attached screen. I can’t seem to type or enter anything in either

• Plan Free/Premium Country NZ   Device (iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 12.01   My Question i updated IOS and now can only see the attached screen. I can’t seem to type or enter anyt...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Update roll out new features for premium Oktober 2018

Why is Spotify anouncing the new features with a video and a great press article when the update is not showing up on iPhone or iPad? A friend of mine has an Android and he has the new feature already? This is axactlay the reason why I have an iPhone...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is Spotify anouncing the new features with a video and a great press article when the update is not showing up on iPhone or iPad?    A friend of mine has an Android and he has the new...
  • fankny212
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t play new artist radio

I’m PlanPremiumCountry US DeviceiPhone 8 My Question or IssueMost artist radios play but some do not. Look at this picture. Why won’t some play?

82C0245E-AE9C-4DA6-9FE6-88697A0EFD56.jpeg
  • Roadie
  • I’m  Plan Premium Country  US   Device iPhone 8   My Question or Issue Most artist radios play but some do not. Look at this picture. Why won’t some play?   &...
  • Npostman
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync problem between iOS app and mac desktop player vice versa

I want that when I listen on the Spotify desktop app (Mac OS) that my iphone (SE) app remembers where I left off listening. And vice versa, even if I have listened via the iphone app, I want the desktop app to continue where I left off. But he does n...

• Regular
  • I want that when I listen on the Spotify desktop app (Mac OS) that my iphone (SE) app remembers where I left off listening. And vice versa, even if I have listened via the iphone app, I want the desk...
  • erwinhillywood
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trouble playing a playlist

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceIpad miniOperating SystemiOS 10, I guess My Question or Issue I've made a playlist a long time ago. Usually when I listen to it, if it is on shuffle or not, it works how I like it and the way it is supposed to ...

• Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device Ipad mini Operating System iOS 10, I guess   My Question or Issue   I've made a playlist a long time ago. Usually when I listen ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can i only download certain artist radios offline?

just wondering if only certain artist radios are downloadable? see screenshots below

CB5585F8-8AFB-4EE1-B9D3-4EC524ED866E.png C775867C-41D7-400C-8223-4D9BA7A25129.png
  •   just wondering if only certain artist radios are downloadable? see screenshots below 🙂      
  • Tsunamia
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes