Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify app will no longer let me download it

Each time I open up app and try to download Spotify onto my phone, no cloud logo appears and the app seems to freeze and not even let me download it anymore. I had the app previsouly and deleted it as I was freeing up storage and would like to downlo...

• Each time I open up app and try to download Spotify onto my phone, no cloud logo appears and the app seems to freeze and not even let me download it anymore. I had the app previsouly and deleted it a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS still showing “Free” status

I signed up for Spotify and premium today and used the “Log in with Facebook” feature. I upgraded to premium through my web browser, but on the Spotify app it still says I have a free account. It is is the same account because the picture from the Fa...

• I signed up for Spotify and premium today and used the “Log in with Facebook” feature. I upgraded to premium through my web browser, but on the Spotify app it still says I have a free account.  ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Library

When I am away from WiFi and try to play my downloaded offline library the songs will lag on and off and slowly buffer. What’s the deal?

• When I am away from WiFi and try to play my downloaded offline library the songs will lag on and off and slowly buffer. What’s the deal?
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New device but 0 songs

When i login on my new phone i can see al my playlists but 0 saved songs.

• When i login on my new phone i can see al my playlists but 0 saved songs. 
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications on iOS

Hi! I use Spotify with my iPhone but I have never received a push notification. In the option section we can select push notification for new music, playlist update, artist update, etc... But it has never been working. Of course notifications are act...

• Hi!  I use Spotify with my iPhone but I have never received a push notification. In the option section we can select push notification for new music, playlist update, artist update, etc... But ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue is bugging

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone SEOperating System(iOS 10 My Question or Issue Wassup guys I'm having problems with my songs in queue. When I move some songs to the queue they dont get listed at all, the process actually works, the song is move...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone SE Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue   Wassup guys   I'm having problems with my songs in queue. When I move some ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recovering old saved playlist from iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPhone 4Operating SystemiOS 7.1 & Windows 7 My Question or IssueSpotify has a playlist called Chill Tracks.It has changed over the years and I'd love to listen to the old songs from the past which I can't remember anymo...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPhone 4 Operating System iOS 7.1 & Windows 7   My Question or Issue Spotify has a playlist called Chill Tracks. It has changed over the years ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I was logged out of my iPhone Spotify app and since then I’m not able to log back in. I can log in to my iPad app and on computers at well - only the iPhone app doesn...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  I was logged out of my iPhone Spotify app and since then I’m not able to log bac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

the new update

The new update isnt showing me the list of songs on my playlists or my ‘favourited’ songs and when i plag music the whole playlist doesnt show. The update has rlly Dissapointed me.

• The new update isnt showing me the list of songs on my playlists or my ‘favourited’ songs and when i plag music the whole playlist doesnt show. The update has rlly Dissapointed me. 
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant instal premium in my display.

Im trying to install premium in my iphone but it says its not possible for my display

• Im trying to install premium in my iphone but it says its not possible for my display
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to play downloaded songs on iOS

So ever since I got my new phone and downloaded spotify on it (a few months ago) I have had an issue with some of my songs not being able to be played even though they are downloaded, etc. And by not being able to be played, I mean that the bar down ...

• So ever since I got my new phone and downloaded spotify on it (a few months ago) I have had an issue with some of my songs not being able to be played even though they are downloaded, etc.  And...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Home page

The app couldn’t show the Home page. 

• The app couldn’t show the Home page. 
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wireless EarPods. Both work but not together!

So they’re both paired to my iPhone but only one works at a time! If I click the button on Spotify, it gives me the options to play the left, right or via my phone. I can switch between left or right but can’t get BOTH to work Please help!

• So they’re both paired to my iPhone but only one works at a time! If I click the button on Spotify, it gives me the options to play the left, right or via my phone. I can switch between left or right...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Battery issue and heat

a Lot of people are complaIning can we get a response please? Or at least in known issues? https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/8kmas7/spotify_destroying_battery_on_1131/

• Gig Goer
  • a Lot of people are complaIning   can we get a response please? Or at least in known issues?   https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/8kmas7/spotify_destroying_battery_on_1131/
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Doesn't play anything

On an iphone 7, new dowload, nothing plays music. Just get redirected to - this is a premium service please upgrade?

• Casual Listener
  •   On an iphone 7, new dowload, nothing plays music. Just get redirected to - this is a premium service please upgrade?    
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t open

Planpremium Country USADeviceiphone 8 plusOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue I go to open my spotify and it shows me the logo and black screen and then it kicks it self off. It take me back to the app like if i were to hit the home button.

• Plan premium  Country  USA Device iphone 8 plus Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  I go to open my spotify and it shows me the logo and black screen and the...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can’t play any music

PlanFreeCountry DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play a playlist of any kind something pops up saying “couldn’t open link” and “spotify can’t open this type of link on this type of device”.

• Plan Free Country   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to play a playlist of any kind something pops up saying “couldn’t open link...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why has my Spotify stopped working

PlanFreeCountryireland DeviceiPhone 5sOperating SystemiOS 11.5 My Question or Issue When I go onto my Spotify and click favourites or any playlist at all it comes up that it won’t work on this device and it was working earlier today so I dont underst...

•   Plan Free Country ireland   Device iPhone 5s Operating System iOS 11.5   My Question or Issue  When I go onto my Spotify and click  favourites or any playlist a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly Pausing: Can't listen to any music!

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueThis morning all of the sudden my spotify has not been working. Any song I try to play, it just pauses right away. Whenever I click play, the song will pla...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue This morning all of the sudden my spotify has not been working. Any song I try ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Can't play songs
    pausing
    Pausing playback
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iPod Touch 5th Generation Performance

Hello. I am a Spotify premium user and I am wondering how performance is on an iPod Touch 5 running the latest version of Spotify. I wouldn't want to buy it if it lags, crashes, or has a lot of bugs. Does anyone have Spotify on their iPod touch 5th G...

• Casual Listener
  •    Hello. I am a Spotify premium user and I am wondering how performance is on an iPod Touch 5 running the latest version of Spotify. I wouldn't want to buy it if it lags, crashes, or...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes