Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Get music to shut off when playing a sc video?

My old truck when using Bluetooth from my iPhone, would pause the music when I listened or opened a Snapchat video, then go back to playing once I closed out. It doesn’t do that anymore. So is there a way to bring that back, or is there anyway that I...

• My old truck when using Bluetooth from my iPhone, would pause the music when I listened or opened a Snapchat video, then go back to playing once I closed out. It doesn’t do that anymore. So is there ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify won’t go online

My Spotify won’t go online. I’m only getting up an error code 126! Please help, been that a couple of days and yes I have Internet

• My Spotify won’t go online. I’m only getting up an error code 126! Please help, been that a couple of days and yes I have Internet   
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify running on the background even though I killed the app

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue I noticed that, even though I close the Spotify app (Home button x2 + swipe up), somehow Spotify is still running. Just now, I was watching a video on my PC and ...

• Plan Premium Country Mexico Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  I noticed that, even though I close the Spotify app (Home button x2 + swipe up),...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waitinglist reappears everytime Spotify starts

One week ago I have placed some songs in the waitinglist. I got sick of the list so deleted it, but every time I start Spotify the waitinglist reappears in my playlist! Very annoying, do you know how to get rid of this bug?

• One week ago I have placed some songs in the waitinglist. I got sick of the list so deleted it, but every time I start Spotify the waitinglist reappears in my playlist! Very annoying, do you know how...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • reappears
    waitinglist
    won't delete
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the queue and up next functions

I use Spotify (premium/family plan) on my iPhone, Windows 10 computers, and Alexa/Sonos. Far and away the most confusing and frustrating part of Spotify are the queue and up next functions. They seem to work differently across different platforms and...

•   I use Spotify (premium/family plan) on my iPhone, Windows 10 computers, and Alexa/Sonos. Far and away the most confusing and frustrating part of Spotify are the queue and up next functions. T...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song elapsed time not synced between devices

I've recently experienced problems playing music from my ipod touch.This is an old devise but until last month has worked perfectly.The problem is that when I play a song on the ipod touch from another device e.g. my iphone the ipod and iphone are no...

• I've recently experienced problems playing music from my ipod touch. This is an old devise but until last month has worked perfectly. The problem is that when I play a song on the ipod touch from a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist playlists

I am trying to find playlists that have been created by specific artists and I’m not seeing any playlists listed on their pages. I happen to know the names of a couple of them and I can search for those individual playlists, but they are not showing ...

• I am trying to find playlists that have been created by specific artists and I’m not seeing any playlists listed on their pages. I happen to know the names of a couple of them and I can search for th...
  • iustinr
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Apple Watch] Bug with cast on Android TV

*snip* PlanPremiumCountry BulgariaDevice(iPhone Xr, Apple Watch 1st. Gen, Sony Android TV)Operating System(iOS 12.1, watchOS 4.3.2, Android 7.0) Hi, I recently download your Apple Watch Spotify version. There is a strange bug. I usualy not use my TV ...

• *snip*   Plan Premium Country  Bulgaria Device (iPhone Xr, Apple Watch 1st. Gen, Sony Android TV) Operating System (iOS 12.1, watchOS 4.3.2, Android 7.0)   Hi, I recently do...
  • iustinr
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"30 minutes of ad free music" video won't play

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 5SEOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Everytime I turn on Spotify, after a few songs I get the "Want a break from the ads? Watch this short video to recieve 30 minutes of ad free music." I click on wat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 5SE Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Everytime I turn on Spotify, after a few songs I get the "Want a break from t...
  • iustinr
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS queue is buggy

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 6sOperating Systemios 12 My Question or IssueThe queue is really buggy. I can’t really switch around songs in the queue, I can change one and then the rest of the changed songs don’t save. I need to get out of queue ...

•   Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 6s Operating System ios 12   My Question or Issue The queue is really buggy. I can’t really switch around songs in the queue, I can ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Consistent bug when switching from bluetooth to spotify connect

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or IssueI have a JBL bluetooth speaker I use in the bathroom and an Echo Dot in my bedroom. When I'm playing music on the JBL and then turn the speaker off and try to connect...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue I have a JBL bluetooth speaker I use in the bathroom and an Echo Dot in my bedroom. W...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

if i mark certain songs from an artist

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone se,Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueI wonder if i mark certain songs on an artist/group if it takes alot of space on my phone?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone se, Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue I wonder if i mark certain songs on an artist/group if it takes alot of space on my phone?...
  • iustinr
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommendations (under discover) gone missing

Plan:PremiumCountry:Canada DeviceiPhone 8 Why have my recommendations gone missing?? Now I just have lame playlists, with names like "Focus" or "Easy Alternative". Barf. Recommendations is THE ONLY REASON I stay with spotify. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. I'...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Canada   Device iPhone 8   Why have my recommendations gone missing?? Now I just have lame playlists, with names like "Focus" or "Easy Alternative". Barf. &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify connect keeps connecting to the wrong device.

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DevicePC/Sony HTST-5000/OnePlus5Operating SystemWindows 10/???/Android My Question or IssueI have a Sony HTST-5000 soundbar at home that I use with Spotify Connect from time to time. It's a fairly powerful sound system and I ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden  Device PC/Sony HTST-5000/OnePlus5 Operating System Windows 10/???/Android   My Question or Issue I have a Sony HTST-5000 soundbar at home that I use w...
  • Rymdkakor
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Too hard to delete a single song from a playlist

I remember that, some years ago, when I had an Android device, it was easy to remove a song from a playlist: there was an option just at the dots located at the right. However, in iOS, you have to activate the "Edit" view and scroll until you find th...

• Composer
  • I remember that, some years ago, when I had an Android device, it was easy to remove a song from a playlist: there was an option just at the dots located at the right. However, in iOS, you have to ac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files not downloading

Each and everytime i try to download to my local playlist it shows up, but when i try to move it to a playlist on my pc to play on my iphone it just deletes itself, now it plays on my pc but when i try to switch to play it on my iphone it says (this ...

• Casual Listener
  • Each and everytime i try to download to my local playlist it shows up, but when i try to move it to a playlist on my pc to play on my iphone it just deletes itself, now it plays on my pc but when i t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts won’t play

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice6th Gen IPodOperating SystemiOS 11 (as of writing this) My Question or IssueEvery time I try to listen to a podcast, I get the message, “Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device.” I just recently got a new iPod,...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device 6th Gen IPod Operating System iOS 11 (as of writing this)   My Question or Issue Every time I try to listen to a podcast, I get the message, “Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone else had a song that they have saved not appear under “Songs”?

I am having a weird scenario, I have saved a song “Cut to the Feeling” by Carly Rae Jepsen... it shows up in my songs when I have them sorted by “Recently Added” but I cannot get it to appear when I have them sorted by Title which is how I normally n...

• I am having a weird scenario, I have saved a song “Cut to the Feeling” by Carly Rae Jepsen... it shows up in my songs when I have them sorted by “Recently Added” but I cannot get it to appear when I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No audio in Vehicle, but Spotify shows songs are playing

All of a sudden, there is no audio in my car although it shows that Spotify is playing. I have tried resetting the bluetooth in my car, restarting Spotify, turning my phone on and off. Has anyone experienced this?PlanFree/PremiumUSA DeviceIPhone 6 Pl...

• All of a sudden, there is no audio in my car although it shows that Spotify is playing. I have tried resetting the bluetooth in my car, restarting Spotify, turning my phone on and off. Has anyone exp...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes