Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

undownloading a song

iOS/PremiumSo here's the thing I have an album which is downloaded and there are songs that I don't like in the album. If I delete them from my library they disappear from the album's song list but I'm not sure if they are still downloaded or not. Ba...

• iOS/Premium So here's the thing I have an album which is downloaded and there are songs that I don't like in the album. If I delete them from my library they disappear from the album's song list but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution long list of unwanted devices in "Devices Available"

PlanPremium accountCountry USA Device iPhone 6s,Operating System iOS 11 My Question or Issue I am listening to Spotify on my headphones at work. I just clicked on "Devices Available" and there is a long list of Google Chromecast and AirPlay devices t...

• Plan Premium account Country  USA   Device iPhone 6s, Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I am listening to Spotify on my headphones at work. I just clicked on...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

missing songs on different devices

I have recently moved to an iphone 6 and about 20 recently added songs are missing from my playlist. I have deleted and redownloaded the app, logged off and on and nothing has worked to bring them back. They're tunes and I'd really like them back on ...

• Casual Listener
  •   I have recently moved to an iphone 6 and about 20 recently added songs are missing from my playlist. I have deleted and redownloaded the app, logged off and on and  nothing has worked to...
  • kirstena
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Recommended Songs" completely broken

PlanPremiumCountryIT DeviceiPhone 8+Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue The recommended songs feature, at the bottom of a playlist, is completely broken for me. Even though I have only 1 romanian song in the playlist, the recommended songs fe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country IT   Device iPhone 8+ Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue   The recommended songs feature, at the bottom of a playlist, is completely broken...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

No Microphon in my app!

Running premium in germany on latest iOS on an iPhone6s I can not find the microphon that should appear when long-pressing Search. I tested the same on my friends Android, the same there.. No Microphon, no Voice Control. I looked into Privacy, Spotif...

• Running premium in germany on latest iOS on an iPhone6s I can not find the microphon that should appear when long-pressing Search. I tested the same on my friends Android, the same there.. No Microph...
  • shinrinyokuu
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music being added to my playlist???

So I've noticed recently that I play music constantly from a few different playlists that I have created, as well as some that I just follow. What seems to be weird is that after I play music from any of my other playlists, the songs I listen to get ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've noticed recently that I play music constantly from a few different playlists that I have created, as well as some that I just follow. What seems to be weird is that after I play music from an...
  • JustCallMeHabs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rearranging the play que has no actual effect

PlanPremiumCountry United Kingdom DeviceiPhone 8 Plus Operating SystemIOS 11.2.6 My Question or IssueWhen I shuffle all songs, I used to be able to edit the play queue and slide more favourable tunes to play before others and this worked fine. Now wh...

• Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom  Device iPhone 8 Plus  Operating System IOS 11.2.6   My Question or Issue When I shuffle all songs, I used to be able to edit the p...
  • krrrrris
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to switch music to other devices when using bluetooth headphones

I'm a free plan user using an iphone with the latest iOS (not beta) and can seamlessly switch music between my PC (Windows 10) and the phone without any problems when music is played through phone's dynamics. But when I turn on my bluetooth headphone...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a free plan user using an iphone with the latest iOS (not beta) and can seamlessly switch music between my PC (Windows 10) and the phone without any problems when music is played throug...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [App] Searching for artist brings up a blank page

PlanPremiumCountry HungaryDeviceiPhone 3-4?Operating SystemiOS 10.3.3 My Question or Issue When I select a searched artist I get a blank page.

• Plan Premium Country  Hungary Device iPhone 3-4? Operating System iOS 10.3.3   My Question or Issue  When I select a searched artist I get a blank page. 
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Artists View
    search results
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

some local files won't sync

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI have 9 mp3 files that are all part of same album I purchased. When I add them to my playlist from the desktop app (Mac) they all show up there and play fine but only...

• Plan Premium Country US  Device iPhone xs Max Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I have 9 mp3 files that are all part of same album I purchased. When I add them to my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What happenes to downloaded music of songs deleted from a followed playlist

Two question: First, if I've downloaded files from a playlist I'm following and the creator of that playlist deletes songs from that list, what happens to the downloaded tracks on my device? Second, is there a way to delete individual tracks I've dow...

• Music Fan
  • Two question:   First, if I've downloaded files from a playlist I'm following and the creator of that playlist deletes songs from that list, what happens to the downloaded tracks on my device?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files songs wont sync to i phone

Hello, I am having trouble syncing my local files to my I phone (it runs IOS 11) and was wondering how to fix this problem. the playlist there in is set to downloaded on both devices and there on the same network (and I have allowed windows firewall ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am having trouble syncing my local files to my I phone (it runs IOS 11) and was wondering how to fix this problem.   the playlist there in is set to downloaded on both d...
  • legatpower
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all local files are syncing

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevice(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2011)Operating System(iOS 12, MacOS High Sierra) My Question or IssueHi! I've recently added like 500 songs as local files. Out of these 500 songs there are like 20 songs, from different "rec...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device (iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2011) Operating System (iOS 12, MacOS High Sierra)   My Question or Issue Hi!   I've recently added like 500...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play always starts with the same song

PlanPremiumCountryEngland DeviceIpod touch through a hama stereo separate running Spotify connectOperating SystemLatest iOS My Question or IssueEvery time I select Shuffle Play it plays Martha My Dear by the Beatles, which is on a playlist of over 2 ...

• Plan Premium Country England  Device Ipod touch through a hama stereo separate running Spotify connect Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue Every time I se...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Explicit titles are shown even when Explicit Content filter is on (bug?)

We have family premium plan and my son listens to Spotify on his iPad with explicit content disabled. However, explicit song titles still show up greyed out (e.g. in his Discover Weekly playlist), even thougth the option Hide Unplayable Songs is swit...

• We have family premium plan and my son listens to Spotify on his iPad with explicit content disabled. However, explicit song titles still show up greyed out (e.g. in his Discover Weekly playlist), ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Twitter background playing problem

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue While playing songs on Spotify, ı can use any other app together, but when I open twitter app, spotify stops. Anyone can help me?

• Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  While playing songs on Spotify, ı can use any other app together, but when I...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • background
    twitter
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

API dead for iOS 4.2.1?

DeviceiPod 2nd generation (MB model)Operating SystemiOS 4.2.1 My Question or Issue Recently dug up an old iPod and decided to use it as a second music player. I'm able to log in, but the app will not connect to Spotify services (mobile-ap.spotify.com...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPod 2nd generation (MB model) Operating System iOS 4.2.1   My Question or Issue  Recently dug up an old iPod and decided to use it as a second music player. I'm able to log in...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    iOS
    ipod
    legacy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Beta Program

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12 Public Beta My Question or Issue When I upgraded my phone, TestFlight did not have the app installled. I deleted TestFlight and reinstalled, to no avail. In order to be back in the TestF...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12 Public Beta   My Question or Issue  When I upgraded my phone, TestFlight did not have the app i...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Beta
    iOS 12
    iphone
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify buffering

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceiPhone 7plusOperating System iOS12 My Question or Issue: hi Spotify community, recently my Spotify skips songs or fast forawards or even pauses by itself for some reason on its own while headphones are on. I have tri...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device iPhone 7plus Operating System iOS12     My Question or Issue: hi Spotify community, recently my Spotify skips songs or fast forawards ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to view your queue on iPhone

My playlists keep flipping after one song. Help says delete the queue but I can’t finf the queue?? Sooo frustrating, pls help.

• My playlists keep flipping after one song. Help says delete the queue but I can’t finf the queue??  Sooo frustrating, pls help.   
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes