Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Doesn't play anything

On an iphone 7, new dowload, nothing plays music. Just get redirected to - this is a premium service please upgrade?

• Casual Listener
  •   On an iphone 7, new dowload, nothing plays music. Just get redirected to - this is a premium service please upgrade?    
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t open

Planpremium Country USADeviceiphone 8 plusOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue I go to open my spotify and it shows me the logo and black screen and then it kicks it self off. It take me back to the app like if i were to hit the home button.

• Plan premium  Country  USA Device iphone 8 plus Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  I go to open my spotify and it shows me the logo and black screen and the...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can’t play any music

PlanFreeCountry DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play a playlist of any kind something pops up saying “couldn’t open link” and “spotify can’t open this type of link on this type of device”.

• Plan Free Country   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to play a playlist of any kind something pops up saying “couldn’t open link...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why has my Spotify stopped working

PlanFreeCountryireland DeviceiPhone 5sOperating SystemiOS 11.5 My Question or Issue When I go onto my Spotify and click favourites or any playlist at all it comes up that it won’t work on this device and it was working earlier today so I dont underst...

•   Plan Free Country ireland   Device iPhone 5s Operating System iOS 11.5   My Question or Issue  When I go onto my Spotify and click  favourites or any playlist a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly Pausing: Can't listen to any music!

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueThis morning all of the sudden my spotify has not been working. Any song I try to play, it just pauses right away. Whenever I click play, the song will pla...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue This morning all of the sudden my spotify has not been working. Any song I try ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Can't play songs
    pausing
    Pausing playback
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iPod Touch 5th Generation Performance

Hello. I am a Spotify premium user and I am wondering how performance is on an iPod Touch 5 running the latest version of Spotify. I wouldn't want to buy it if it lags, crashes, or has a lot of bugs. Does anyone have Spotify on their iPod touch 5th G...

• Casual Listener
  •    Hello. I am a Spotify premium user and I am wondering how performance is on an iPod Touch 5 running the latest version of Spotify. I wouldn't want to buy it if it lags, crashes, or...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sort options available on iphone 8+

I had an iphone 7+ that I upgraded to an 8+ a couple months ago. Spotify premium worked flawlessly on the 7+, but from the get go is not functioning the same on the 8+. The main reasons I have premium are for playing songs in order and for being able...

• Casual Listener
  • I had an iphone 7+ that I upgraded to an 8+ a couple months ago.  Spotify premium worked flawlessly on the 7+, but from the get go is not functioning the same on the 8+.  The main reasons I...
  • Nickjvw
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

RE: Volume fluctuates when playing songs in car via bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountry ukDeviceiphone xs maxOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue When i connect my phone to my car and play songs through spotify via bluetooth, the volume of the music suddenly gets lowered for a good 5-10 seconds then returns bac...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  uk Device iphone xs max Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  When i connect my phone to my car and play songs through spotify via bluetooth, ...
  • GFarzy
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Lockscreen/control center skipping disabled

For some reason I’m only able to skip songs while in the Spotify app? This is really inconvenient since every time a song I’m not in the mood for comes up I have to go into the app itself. It wasn’t this way before. iPhone 7iOS 12United StatesPremium...

• Visitor
  • For some reason I’m only able to skip songs while in the Spotify app? This is really inconvenient since every time a song I’m not in the mood for comes up I have to go into the app itself. It wasn’t ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No Offline option for iphone

Where can i find the on/offline mode. There is no offline option in my app. Help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8Operating System My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Where can i find the on/offline mode. There is no offline option in my app. Help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8 Operating System   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Full screen album art on playback

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 8 My Question or Issue For a couple of weeks now majority of the playlist Spotify made seem to make the album artwork huge and the playback options are gone unless I tap the screen. Is there any way to change this? ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8  My Question or Issue  For a couple of weeks now majority of the playlist Spotify made seem to make the album artwork huge and the play...
  • Earlygirl96
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    large
    screen
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Back/Rewind Button missing

Plan - PremiumCountry - USA Devices - iPhone XS/iWatch 4/iPhone 7 My Question or Issue I updated my iOS yesterday and now the rewind/back button is missing on all my devices. It's missing from the lock screen of my iPhones as well as the control scre...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - USA   Devices - iPhone XS/iWatch 4/iPhone 7   My Question or Issue  I updated my iOS yesterday and now the rewind/back button is missing o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs from weekly discovery

I have downloaded the weekly discovery 2 weeks before. I went offline and listened to it for the last week. Today I came back and went online again. Of course the playlist updated to the new week and all the songs were removed.But I downloaded them a...

• I have downloaded the weekly discovery 2 weeks before. I went offline and listened to it for the last week. Today I came back and went online again. Of course the playlist updated to the new week and...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping half-way through songs and playing unwanted playlists

Hello!I play Spotify on my iPhone. Lately it has been asking me a question whether I want to play music on my iPhone or on Chrome? After it asks me the question it starts playing a playlist called Top Dubstep(Which is a playlist I have never played b...

• Hello! I play Spotify on my iPhone. Lately it has been asking me a question whether I want to play music on my iPhone or on Chrome? After it asks me the question it starts playing a playlist called ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Upgraded and cant download not sute what to do sometging in the settings?????

I upgraded this morning and tried to download some tunes for my holiday tomo but it just says downloading however says need to download cellular???? What does this mean? I have Wi-Fi so not an issuePlease someone help me as I fly out tomo and need mu...

• I upgraded this morning and tried to download some tunes for my holiday tomo but it just says downloading however says need to download cellular???? What does this mean? I have Wi-Fi so not an issue ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Local Files to iPod Touch

Hi, I have recently tried to run all my local files through Spotify that I had originally been listening to through iTunes on my iPod Touch. I have added all the files to Spotify on my desktop and have created a playlist which I had started to downlo...

• Hi,   I have recently tried to run all my local files through Spotify that I had originally been listening to through iTunes on my iPod Touch. I have added all the files to Spotify on my deskt...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution İndirim

Spotify Öğrenci indiriminden faydanlanmak istiyorum ama uygulama kredi kartımdan parayı çekti ama hala free de, premium değil. ve aynı işlem iki kere yapıldı. help!!!

• Spotify Öğrenci indiriminden faydanlanmak istiyorum ama uygulama kredi kartımdan parayı çekti ama  hala free de, premium değil. ve aynı işlem iki kere yapıldı. help!!!
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trouble logging in with Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 11.3.1 My Question or IssueI logged out of my Spotify app. My account was made from one of my two Facebook accounts. When I select "continue with facebook" the Spotify app is trying to connect t...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 11.3.1   My Question or Issue I logged out of my Spotify app.  My account was made from one of my two Facebook ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No synchronisation & old playlists available

I have the problem that my playlists only show an old version. If I test it with my Desktop PC, I could only see the first version of my playlist. For example: I started a playlist with 4 songs on my desktop PC. I find this playlist on my iPhone with...

• ...elete a playlist (or change it to "not public"), you can still find it with the search function. It is really frustrating.   Plan Free Country  Germany Device iPhone SE Operating S...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Daily Mix Yet

Hello, I have had Spotify for two weeks now and have not received my Daily Mix yet. I received my Discover Weekly after only one week and it seems that it uses the same process as the Daily one to choose your songs. Does anyone know what the problem ...

• Hello,   I have had Spotify for two weeks now and have not received my Daily Mix yet. I received my Discover Weekly after only one week and it seems that it uses the same process as the Daily ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes