Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music stops with phone call, even when playing from other device

music stops with phone call, even when playing from other device

i have an old iphone 5 that i play spotify from at my shop. it's on wifi only, do not disturb and signed out of all the icloud things. i get a phone call to my cell number connected to my iphone 7 and it stops spotify and won't resume or even show the playing device anymore. i have to get up and go to the back of the shop and restart the music every time i get phone call. so basically i don't listen to music at all during working hours. any idea how to stop that? thank you!
6 Replies

Hi @mfivey!

Oh, that's strange. Just to check - do you have Spotify opened on your iPhone 7 by any chance? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

sometimes i do, but it's not dependent on that. i do have my laptop on and
spotify app open on there all the time. when my phone rings i can chose to
pick it up on my laptop or my phone, which may be part of the issue. i just
don't know how to stop it!

sometimes i do, but it's not dependent on that. i do have my laptop on and
spotify app open on there all the time. when my phone rings i can chose to
pick it up on my laptop or my phone, which may be part of the issue. i just
don't know how to stop it!

Thanks for that info @mfivey

Does logging out of Spotify on other devices help? Could you give it a try and let us know how it goes? 

Also, did you have this issue before? 

Logging out of my iphone 7 that i use for calls didn't help. I think I figured out the problem, it's a FaceTime issue. I had my macbook pro set to receive iPhone calls when the phone is nearby or on wifi. In FaceTime preferences there is a box for 'Calls From iPhone' that i deselected. I just figured it out this morning, so I'll test it out for a couple days and report back. 

Nope. now it kicks off the music if i get a notification on the playing iphone device or if my iphone 7 shows the lock screen music playing, it stops. unreal. this is so annoying!

Suggested posts