Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

newbie question - spotify not recognizing songs that are already on my iphone5.

Solved!

newbie question - spotify not recognizing songs that are already on my iphone5.

Hi,

I created a playlist on my Mac that was a mix of Spotify songs and iTunes songs I own. It worked fine. The iTunes songs were already synced to my iphone and available through the native music app. 

When I accessed the same playlist from my iphone, the iTunes songs were grayed out. Clicking on them produced a message asking me to sync them even though they were already synced in the music app. I re-synced them as per instructions, but they are still grayed out.

????

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The native music application on your iPhone and Spotify are completely different applications. 

If you wish to listen to local tracks in the Spotify application, you need to sync those tracks to your device using Spotify. Have you tried following the instructions to sync your device here?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That's strange I've never heard of that,

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The native music application on your iPhone and Spotify are completely different applications. 

If you wish to listen to local tracks in the Spotify application, you need to sync those tracks to your device using Spotify. Have you tried following the instructions to sync your device here?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi thanks, yes I found that article and followed the instructions. 

However, it seems from what you wrote that in order to incorporate into iphone playlists  songs I own that are not in the Spotify library, I will have to have two copies of them on my devices, or unsync them from iTunes, leaving them only in Spotify as local files. 

Not sure if I want to go through all that bother. I may just keep Spotify Spotify and not mix.

Thanks again.

Suggested posts