Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no crossfade or gapless playback on local tracks

no crossfade or gapless playback on local tracks

Description

When i'm playing a local musci file or a song i've synced from my home computer to my iPhone through spotify there isn't any gapless playback or crossfading, but it works on every other track that i have in the sam playlist. 

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

Basically i've got the album "Until now" by Swedish House Mafia on my pc ( the whole album, not only the tracks spotify has available) and then synced them to my iPhone 4. 

2. When playing this album there is none of above mentioned features working for the local tracks that I have. 

What I expected to happen

Crossfading on local tracks

Gapless playback on local tracks 

What actually happened

Nothing of above.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4, 8GB

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

Nowp

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

30-40 with 4-5 offline list ( whereas the one I'm having problems with is a offline list aswell)

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country

Telia, Sweden 

My username

Markusx 

5 Replies

I have the same issue on my iPad. I've synced between my Windows box and my iPad. Same playlists (local files) that crossfade correctly in Wondows don't corssfade on the IOS device 😕

Hi,

I have escalated this as an issue to the staff over at Spotify for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Much appreciated!

Hi,

It seems there is still nothing done about this issue as crossfading with local files work fine on my laptop but as soon as I try it on my phone it does not crossfade at all.

Any chance anything will be done as the issue was raised a while ago.

Thanks,

Ajay

It has been something that has been discussed for a long time, and suggested over on the ideas exchange:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Enable-Crossfade-for-Local-Files-on-iOS/idi-p/651452

But sadly no word from Spotify if/when it will be implemented.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts