Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Connecting Iphone 5s to Pioneer VSX-43 Receiver

IOS 7.1 I can get to a menu on my TV of Playlists, Artists, Albums etc but I cannot control beyond that. I just recently rebooted the Spotify App on my Iphone. I have Spotify Premium. TV is a Samsung Smart TV. I cannot make the Spotify Ap work on the...

• Regular
  • IOS 7.1  I can get to a menu on my TV of Playlists, Artists, Albums etc but I cannot control beyond that.  I just recently rebooted the Spotify App on my Iphone.  I have&nbsp...
  • psychosurf
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can`t see the albums covers in my playlist section.

I can`t see the albums covers in my playlist section. There is a solution for that?, i`ll be wait for answers, thanks!!!.

• Casual Listener
  • I can`t see the albums covers in my playlist section. There is a solution for that?, i`ll be wait for answers, thanks!!!.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify free don't work on ipod touch 2g

Hello Spotify free don't work on my ipod 2g why?he asked me i must have a premium account. Spotify free work is the new generation of ipod touch ?(ios 5.0 or upper) thanks for your help!

• Regular
  • Hello Spotify free don't work on my ipod 2g why?he asked me i must have a premium account. Spotify free work is the new generation of ipod touch ?(ios 5.0 or upper) thanks for your help! &nbs...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify settings app disappeared from my 4s

I cannot login to spotify. I keep getting an error message that the browser us not available offline. And then it turns off. I cannot find the app in the settings of my iPhone 4s. This happened since the last iOS upgrade.

• Regular
  • I cannot login to spotify. I keep getting an error message that the browser us not available offline. And then it turns off. I cannot find the app in the settings of my iPhone 4s. This happened since...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Tracks on iOS Spotify

Despite the fact that I have a playlist with 12 songs (which should be enough - or do I need at least 13?), I'm still hearing suggested tracks on my iOS device. This is happening on both an iPhone and an iPod Touch. Here's a playlist where this is ha...

• Despite the fact that I have a playlist with 12 songs (which should be enough - or do I need at least 13?), I'm still hearing suggested tracks on my iOS device. This is happening on both an iPhone an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs would play on MacBook but not on iPhone

Hello, I am a Spotify Premium user and use both my MacBook and my iPhone for Spotify. Recently, I found out that there are some songs that would play perfectly fine on my computer but not on the iPhone. On the phone the songs are playing but there is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I am a Spotify Premium user and use both my MacBook and my iPhone for Spotify. Recently, I found out that there are some songs that would play perfectly fine on my computer but not ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium on iPhone plays but no sound!

Hello, I have a premium account since Feb 2013, using it nearly daily on my iPhone 4s, always worked well and loved it. Now, it's a couple of weeks that at the beginning the songs started playing and the went mute, now it just won't work at all. It l...

• Hello, I have a premium account since Feb 2013, using it nearly daily on my iPhone 4s, always worked well and loved it. Now, it's a couple of weeks that at the beginning the songs started playing and...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi!

Hello! So i have two iphones and i subscribed to premium package! And whenever i play songs on one of my fone the other one plays at the same time, is it possible to use it seperately? Like listen to different musics on my iphones at the same time?

• Hello! So i have two iphones and i subscribed to premium package! And whenever i play songs on one of my fone the other one plays at the same time, is it possible to use it seperately? Like listen to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only half of the song is playing

Black Sabbath - You won't change me is a six minute song yet it moves on to the next track at around 4:40. Not sure which section to post this so put it on iOS as this is my device

• Casual Listener
  • Black Sabbath - You won't change me is a six minute song yet it moves on to the next track at around 4:40. Not sure which section to post this so put it on iOS as this is my device
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium on iPhone

I recently bought spotify premium. It works fine on my laptop but when I open it on my phone it comes up only allowed to shuffle music. How can I get premium to work on my phone?

• I recently bought spotify premium. It works fine on my laptop but when I open it on my phone it comes up only allowed to shuffle music. How can I get premium to work on my phone?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to play songs without adding to playlist

I have just added spotify premium although can't listen to any song I want instantly I can only add to a playlist please advise, thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have just added spotify premium although can't listen to any song I want instantly I can only add to a playlist please advise, thanks
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes when opened while playing

After the latest update (version 0.9.4.25), Spotify will freeze whenever I open it while it's playing. The freeze is temporary, and usually lasts between 20 - 30 seconds. Often this means I won't be able to like a song form the radio if there's less ...

• Music Fan
  • After the latest update (version 0.9.4.25), Spotify will freeze whenever I open it while it's playing. The freeze is temporary, and usually lasts between 20 - 30 seconds.   Often this means ...
  • HeyRay2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs playable on Android and PC, but not on iOS

Hello, I have Spotify Premium on PC, Android and iOS (iPod touch 4th), and at first I noted that a few songs of my playlists were not showing on my iPod. I unchecked "Hide unplayable" on both iPod and PC and the missing song appeared on my iPod but g...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I have Spotify Premium on PC, Android and iOS (iPod touch 4th), and at first I noted that a few songs of my playlists were not showing on my iPod. I unchecked "Hide unplayable" on b...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Premium is not working on phone

I just upgraded for the free 30 day trial and want to upgrade to premium after this trial period, BUT I cannot sync or add my iPhone 5 to the account. How do I do this. If I can't do this then I will not upgrade. I have reloaded Spotify on both my iP...

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded for the free 30 day trial and want to upgrade to premium after this trial period, BUT I cannot sync or add my iPhone 5 to the account. How do I do this. If I can't do this then I will...
  • RebelDawg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscription

I just paid for spotify premium after having a break for a while and now when I go onto the app it says I still have spotify free subscription. I log in using my 'maxumasprime' login and still no help I also have tried deleting the app and re downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • I just paid for spotify premium after having a break for a while and now when I go onto the app it says I still have spotify free subscription. I log in using my 'maxumasprime' login and still no hel...
  • Maxumasprime
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound on certain playlists on iPhone

This is an issue I have with some albums/playlists, like for example the Ironic album by Alanis Morissette and Love Made Me Do It album by Elin Lanto. They are downloaded/synced on both my Mac and my iPhone. The problem is I get no sound on them on m...

• Casual Listener
  • This is an issue I have with some albums/playlists, like for example the Ironic album by Alanis Morissette and Love Made Me Do It album by Elin Lanto. They are downloaded/synced on both my Mac and my...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! wifi sync on iphone doesn't work anymore

Spotify doesn't want to sync my playlist via wifi anymore. I tried everything: Turning offline mode on and off, re-starting the app, removing the app and re-install. Nothing works. As soon as I enable 'sync via 3g' the playlists start syncing, but no...

• Regular
  • Spotify doesn't want to sync my playlist via wifi anymore.  I tried everything: Turning offline mode on and off, re-starting the app, removing the app and re-install. Nothing works.  As...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app not recognizing that I am a Premium user

Just paid for the Premium Spotify and it won't show up on my iPhone app...tried logging in and out and no change. Ridiculous. Can someone help me?

• Just paid for the Premium Spotify and it won't show up on my iPhone app...tried logging in and out and no change. Ridiculous. Can someone help me?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Accessing "Your Music > Songs/Albums/Artists" from iPhone app

I noticed recently in my desktop app that Starring songs and albums seems to have been replaced with the "Your Music" section where music goes when I click "Save". I can't seem to find these collections of music on my iPhone app. Has the functionalit...

• Regular
  • I noticed recently in my desktop app that Starring songs and albums seems to have been replaced with the "Your Music" section where music goes when I click "Save".   I can't seem to find the...
  • booradley
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Re: I want to file a bug report

3 days ago i could listen to music on my phone with no problem, and now suddenly i cant anymore. Everytime i open spotify on my phone, the screen freezes on the browse page. I have tried to reinstall, but i doesnt work. Does anyone else have this pro...

• Casual Listener
  • 3 days ago i could listen to music on my phone with no problem, and now suddenly i cant anymore. Everytime i open spotify on my phone, the screen freezes on the browse page. I have tried to reinstall...
  • magnusmork
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes