Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! I am unable to view my profile from my iPhone. How can I fix this?

I mainly use spotify on my iPhone, and recently I have been unable to view my profile. I have tried a clean reinstallation multiple times, but it has not helped. When I try to go to my profile, it shows that it is constantly loading, but nothing ever...

• I mainly use spotify on my iPhone, and recently I have been unable to view my profile. I have tried a clean reinstallation multiple times, but it has not helped. When I try to go to my profile, it sh...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY CAN'T GO ONLINE/ WONT LET ME LOG INTO MY i5

SPOTIFY CAN'T GO ONLINE/ WONT LET ME LOG INTO MY PHONE. MY ACCOUNT IS CURRENT AND PAID, I CAN LOG IN FROM DESKTOP COMPUTERS BUT I CANNOT LOG IN VIA SPOTIFY APP ON I 5. I OPEN THE APP AND IT DISPLAYS A "WELCOME" PAGE AFTER IT STATES "CANNOT ACCESS OFF...

• Visitor
  • SPOTIFY CAN'T GO ONLINE/ WONT LET ME LOG INTO MY PHONE. MY ACCOUNT IS CURRENT AND PAID, I CAN LOG IN FROM DESKTOP COMPUTERS BUT I CANNOT LOG IN VIA SPOTIFY APP ON I 5. I OPEN THE APP AND IT DISPL...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

My Profile not loading and Friends Cannot find me

I have Spotify Premium and am using it on ipad and iphone 5S. When I go to my profile page is just keeps spinning and spinning and my friend scannot find me by using my Facebook information. I have tried a clean re-install of Spotify on my device to ...

• I have Spotify Premium and am using it on ipad and iphone 5S.  When I go to my profile page is just keeps spinning and spinning and my friend scannot find me by using my Facebook information. &n...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops downloading after some songs.

Hi Support / Community! For some days now im finally a Spotify-Premium member. But i keep getting a problem if i want to download the music on my ipod touch 5g . AFter downloading some songs it stops download and it says that its outstanding. I made ...

ipodspotify.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hi Support / Community! For some days now im finally a Spotify-Premium member. But i keep getting a problem if i want to download the music on my ipod touch 5g . AFter downloading some songs it...
  • ldadmirer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local FIles - local file substituted from local file to unwanted version

I'm trying to sync a local file to my iPhone from my Mac but it gets substituted with another version of the song on the iPhone. Both the name of the song and the main artist have changed - from a studio recording with the songwriter to a live record...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm trying to sync a local file to my iPhone from my Mac but it gets substituted with another version of the song on the iPhone. Both the name of the song and the main artist have changed - ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS app search not updated to instant search

I've noticed that my friends' with the iOS app have the new instant search feature which is infinitely better than the old search, yet my phone won't update. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no success. Is there anything I can do to ...

• I've noticed that my friends' with the iOS app have the new instant search feature which is infinitely better than the old search, yet my phone won't update. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

premium problems HELP PLEASE

I paid 9.99 for the premium. I have been doing this forawhile now, and never had a problem. Until now. It seems that my Spotify rrefuses to acknowledge that I am a premium member. It works for about 30 seconds, then reverts me to free. Its been doing...

• I paid 9.99 for the premium. I have been doing this forawhile now, and never had a problem. Until now. It seems that my Spotify rrefuses to acknowledge that I am a premium member. It works for about ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Question

Say I have London Bridge song synced extreme quality but selected to stream normal quality. When I'm playing music radio over cellular or wifi, will spotify playback it at the selected stream quality of normal or extreme as it was synced? Basically i...

• Regular
  • Say I have London Bridge song synced extreme quality but selected to stream normal quality. When I'm playing music radio over cellular or wifi, will spotify playback it at the selected stream quality...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! why is this song playing?

I created a playlist from one album from on artist- i pressed shuffle play and after about 5 songs it jumped to a song NOT on that album. okay, thats not toooo bad. but i'm only into hearing this artist's older work. let me try making a playlist from...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist from one album from on artist- i pressed shuffle play and after about 5 songs it jumped to a song NOT on that album.   okay, thats not toooo bad. but i'm only into heari...
  • merilu
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Only local files synced

Hello, I have a premium account and can't sync my Spotify tracks to my ipod. If I click on devices and ipod every playlist is marked with "only local files synced". Can someone please help? Jake

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have a premium account and can't sync my Spotify tracks to my ipod. If I click on devices and ipod every playlist is marked with "only local files synced".   Can someon...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify help!

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help, I've just downloaded Spotify premium free trial on iPhone 4S, I've made my playlist for use offline & for some reason it won't let me play the songs in anything other that shuffle mode, I'm not able to ...

• Just wondering if anyone would be able to help, I've just downloaded Spotify premium free trial on iPhone 4S, I've made my playlist for use offline & for some reason it won't let me play the song...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover tab does not working on iphone

All Until recently the 'Discover' tab was working fine on my iphone. When I click on the 'Discover' tab now, its just a plain white screen. I have reading this same problem with others on Laptop. I am not sure but I think this happened after the last...

• All   Until recently the 'Discover' tab was working fine on my iphone. When I click on the 'Discover' tab now, its just a plain white screen. I have reading this same problem with others on ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stopped working

My spoify I has stopped working, u can see my playlist but it won't play

• My spoify I has stopped working, u can see my playlist but it won't play
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs I Star on iPhone Don't Show up on Spotify Client

Hi - I have Premium and when I star a song on my iPhone it doesn't show up in my "Starred" list of songs under "Your Music" in the client. Why aren't the two syncing up? Thanks, Paul

• Regular
  • Hi -   I have Premium and when I star a song on my iPhone it doesn't show up in my "Starred" list of songs under "Your Music" in the client.  Why aren't the two syncing up?   T...
  • plhoward
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto-Resume iOS playback when reconnecting bluetooth

I play Spotify via Bluetooth in my car. When I turn off the ignition and BT connection stops, Spotify stops playing. Then when I restart my car, I have to press play again to resume. I'd like to have an option to auto-resume when BT reconnects, or co...

• Regular
  • I play Spotify via Bluetooth in my car. When I turn off the ignition and BT connection stops, Spotify stops playing. Then when I restart my car, I have to press play again to resume. I'd like t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist called "-" not visible on mobile spotify

hi. why is that if you crate a playlist and name it with a minus sign (-) it doesn't show up on an ios device? it just creates kind of a gap between playlists and it's not possible to play that particular playlist? is this a bug or is this done with ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi. why is that if you crate a playlist and name it with a minus sign (-) it doesn't show up on an ios device? it just creates kind of a gap between playlists and it's not possible to play that parti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPad 2 not syncing playlists

Installed Spotify on my iPad 2 today, logged in, it recognises my friends but doesn't bring up any of my playlists. iPad is connected on my home wifi (same as laptop and phone). Desktop app recognises when iPhone device is connected, but not iPad. I'...

• Casual Listener
  • Installed Spotify on my iPad 2 today, logged in, it recognises my friends but doesn't bring up any of my playlists. iPad is connected on my home wifi (same as laptop and phone). Desktop app recognise...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when opening safari

Hi I think that this problem started with the new iOS update. It's really quite annoying as I usually listen to music from spotify when researching the web. Has anyone figured what to do? It's driving me mad!Thank you.

• Hi I think that this problem started with the new iOS update. It's really quite annoying as I usually listen to music from spotify when researching the web. Has anyone figured what to do? It's dr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting...

When I'm listening in my car spotify suddenly will stop halfway through the first song played, or maybe the second, and say Connecting. Then I switch on I heart radio, and then go back... and sometimes that helps, or I wait like half an hour and try ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm listening in my car spotify suddenly will stop halfway through the first song played, or maybe the second, and say Connecting.  Then I switch on I heart radio, and then go back... and s...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes