Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify Premium Crashing on Startup

I just signed up for the trail of spotify premium and now spotify is unresponsive and i have to force quit or it quits as soon as it starts. I tried uninstalling and restarting my comp and I still have the same problem. This happens on both my home l...

• I just signed up for the trail of spotify premium and now spotify is unresponsive and i have to force quit or it quits as soon as it starts. I tried uninstalling and restarting my comp and I still ha...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted playlist

Hi I accidentally deleted my wife's favorite playlist "Country - droid". Is it too late to get it back? Thanks for your help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I accidentally deleted my wife's favorite playlist "Country - droid". Is it too late to get it back? Thanks for your help.
  • blunthos
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 4s issues?

The app will reset itself or the 3 dot load screen pops up and then it will through it back to the previous screen. It happens all the time. Especitaly if i dont use the app for awhile (ie if the app is running in the backgorund and not playing any m...

• Casual Listener
  • The app will reset itself or the 3 dot load screen pops up and then it will through it back to the previous screen. It happens all the time.  Especitaly if i dont use the app for awhile (ie if t...
  • iamceatus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing from playlist with cross fade turned on

When I use a playlist and have cross fade turned on, spotify stops playing when switching to a new song. Not every time it switches, but about every third time. I have tried to reinstall the app. I have made a "home button + turn off key start up" My...

• Casual Listener
  • When I use a playlist and have cross fade turned on, spotify stops playing when switching to a new song. Not every time it switches, but about every third time.   I have tried to reinstall t...
  • danne_r
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I did the upgrade for the shuffle play having problems

Since upgrading to shuffle play, I cannot just pick what songs I want to listen to. Also, when I push the shuffle button to change song it just stays on the song it is playing and want change to another song. Can I go back to the old way before addin...

• Since upgrading to shuffle play, I cannot just pick what songs I want to listen to.  Also, when I push the shuffle button to change song it just stays on the song it is playing and want change t...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5s massive battery drain

My using experience: I went to bed and started to listen to the music by Spotify(offline mode), but when I waked up in the morning, it used all the battery from 100% to 0%... I tired twice, it's just the same. I can only say, this app is great but th...

• Casual Listener
  •   My using experience:   I went to bed and started to listen to the music by Spotify(offline mode),  but when I waked up in the morning, it used all the battery from ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone - Spotify Car Integration (BMW 318d iDrive)

I'm a addicted premium spotify user, I'm using the iPhone spotify app in my car but I can't scroll with the steer- scrollwheel in my playlists. I allready tried the following: - Bluetooth connection between iPhone & car -> Works fine, but no scrollwh...

• I'm a addicted premium spotify user, I'm using the iPhone spotify app in my car but I can't scroll with the steer- scrollwheel in my playlists.   I allready tried the following: - Bluetoot...
  • bpw123
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Ipod Resync

Hello, I had my ipod touch synced with spotify before but for some reason, it isn't showing up anymore. How do i make it show back up again?

• Visitor
  • Hello, I had my ipod touch synced with spotify before but for some reason, it isn't showing up anymore. How do i make it show back up again?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help (Urgent)

I cant click on a song and play songs I want it only lets me play shuffle play.

• Regular
  • I cant click on a song and play songs I want it only lets me play shuffle play.
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solution for local files not transferring to iPod/iPhone playlists

Thought I'd post this in case others have had the problem. Problem -- a playlist consists only of local files on the desktop computer (album is not available on Spotify). The playlist shows up and plays fine on the desktop version of Spotify. I want ...

• Regular
  • Thought I'd post this in case others have had the problem.   Problem -- a playlist consists only of local files on the desktop computer (album is not available on Spotify).  The playlis...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect iOS to iOS

My iPad 2 iOS and my iPhone 5 iOS is updated as well as both of the Spotify apps. Why does my friend that has iPhone 5S get Spotify Connect and I don't?

• My iPad 2 iOS and my iPhone 5 iOS is updated as well as both of the Spotify apps. Why does my friend that has iPhone 5S get Spotify Connect and I don't?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify connect remote
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Have Different Playlists on Different Devices?

Hi there, I have a Spotify Premium account and use it on two different devices. I wanted to know if it was possible to have 2 separate playlists on each device. So i could create a playlist on one device and it won't be visible on the other? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I have a Spotify Premium account and use it on two different devices. I wanted to know if it was possible to have 2 separate playlists on each device. So i could create a playlist on one de...
  • ronlux329
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Private session on the iphone app

I just downloaded the new ios software and now I cannot access the "settings" option on the sidebar, so I cannot turn on the Private setting. The bar where it shows what song is playing is blocking it, and I can't make it go away without deleting the...

• Casual Listener
  • I just downloaded the new ios software and now I cannot access the "settings" option on the sidebar, so I cannot turn on the Private setting. The bar where it shows what song is playing is blocking i...
  • ldfishe
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing trackset support (ie. play buttons broken!)

On the iPad, the embedded 'play button' control seems to work fine in Safari iOS, and tapping the play button seems to correctly launch the Spotify app. However, it appears to see the first song and ignore the rest - bringing up the album for the fir...

• Regular
  • On the iPad, the embedded 'play button' control seems to work fine in Safari iOS, and tapping the play button seems to correctly launch the Spotify app. However, it appears to see the first song and ...
  • azjpeg
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Queued Songs Repeating

Hi there, I just downloaded spotify onto my iPhone 4s. I downloaded my playlist and i've noticed something weird happening whenever I add a song to the queue. Everytime I add one, the song will play then after the song has ended it will play again. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I just downloaded spotify onto my iPhone 4s. I downloaded my playlist and i've noticed something weird happening whenever I add a song to the queue. Everytime I add one, the song...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify goes dead after some time

Hi there, I'm using 0.9.3, latest version on my i5S running 7.0.5.When I open spotify for the first time everything works great!! But after a while, (listening a couple songs) spotify won't load amymore and I also can't search anymore. The only thing...

• Roadie
  • Hi there, I'm using 0.9.3, latest version on my i5S running 7.0.5. When I open spotify for the first time everything works great!! But after a while, (listening a couple songs) spotify won't...
  • flomp
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad App Huge because of "Data & documents"

Hi, I am really enjoying the iPad Spotify App. I think it is greatly designed and is easy to use. About one thing I am wondering though. The app itself is around 12 MB big but on my iPad is uses up to almost 1 GB for the so called "Data and Documents...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I am really enjoying the iPad Spotify App. I think it is greatly designed and is easy to use. About one thing I am wondering though. The app itself is around 12 MB big but on my iPad i...
  • rainieer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Sync to Phone

I'm having a problem syncing my local files to my iPhone 5S and I'm about to pull my hair out. I've had premium for ages and it's been syncing my local files fine, but all of the sudden it's stopped. I've tried everything. I've uninstalled and reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having a problem syncing my local files to my iPhone 5S and I'm about to pull my hair out. I've had premium for ages and it's been syncing my local files fine, but all of the sudden it's stopped....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing to Mobile issues

Ok so i don't think I had this problem when I did it the first time. Had to get a new phone though. So I have made a bunch of offline playlist and sync them to my phone. But you have to have the spotify App open on my phone for it to show up on the d...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so i don't think I had this problem when I did it the first time. Had to get a new phone though. So I have made a bunch of offline playlist and sync them to my phone. But you have to have the spot...
  • Scriven_j
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working on iPhone 5

I just recently downloaded Spotify Premium on my Macbook which works perfectly fine. But when I downloaded the app on my iPhone 5, Spotify does not recognize the Premium account that I have on my Macbook. I have re-installed the app on my iPhone seve...

• I just recently downloaded Spotify Premium on my Macbook which works perfectly fine. But when I downloaded the app on my iPhone 5, Spotify does not recognize the Premium account that I have on my Mac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes