Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 5s iOS 7 sharing issue

Solved!

iPhone 5s iOS 7 sharing issue

I have a Premium account and a iPhone 5s with ios7. I am unable to share tracks via SMS or email. Each time I try to share a track a window pops up and disappear immediately and am return to the screen with track I am trying to share.
Is anyone else suffering this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is a known issue outlined on one of the release topics just after iOS 7 came out and is still an open issue. 

Hopefully can be fixed in a future release!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

This is a known issue outlined on one of the release topics just after iOS 7 came out and is still an open issue. 

Hopefully can be fixed in a future release!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, so I share and get shared on tracks via sms on a regular basis.

1st

• The link takes me to a browser version of the song that was shared with me - FAIL
  • Why not just take me directly into the app that I never close?

2nd

• I click on the link (play button) in the browser and it takes me to the spotify app in the appstore - FAIL
  • Why not either play the song from the browser or take me directly into the app that is still open?

3rd

• From the appstore if you click on open the app it opens the app, but the song you originally clicked on is nowhere to be found - FAIL
  • I have to then go back to the broswer and click on the play button link again and then it magically opens up in the app like it should have done to begin with. 

I love your app, but sharing is painful and I want to punch myself in the ear everytime I get a text from someone sharing a song. It would make more sense for you to give me the exact match search query in the text/sms that I could simply copy and paste into your search box within the app to bring up the song. Also, the new UI is pretty, but is much more buggy and forces me to close and restart the app on a regular basis to get it to work right. 

Suggested posts