Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

pause/play button

pause/play button

When using the spotify app, I am only able to pause or play the music whilst on the app directly, rather than being able to use these functions on my home screen or whilst the phone is locked. I have edited the functions within the app settings inside the app, as well as in the phone settings to no avail. Any help or adivce would be much appreciated. 

2 Replies

i can only pause and play in the app, it no longer works on the home screen when the phone is either locked or unlocked. the skip song buttons are fine. i have checked the access within the app and through my settings, and nothing seems to be activating it again 

Hey @mccormickalice, help's here!

We saw that two of your posts were about the same topic, so we've merged them here to avoid confusion.

To clarify, you can Play, Pause, skip forward and backware in-app, but you can only skip forward and backward on the lock screen?

Let's help you get the Play and Pause function working again on your phone's lockscreen. First of all, we'd suggest checking your device for an iOS update in your phone's Settings > General > Software Update menu. If it's needed, make sure you do this now.

Then, a quick reinstall of the app should help. 

If things still don't look right, let us know:

• Your model of iPhone
  • Your exact iOS version
  • Your exact app version
  • If the lock screen function works fine with a headset
  • If the lock screen function works fine via Connect
  • If the lock screen function works fine just playing through the phone's speakers
  • If any other apps other than Spotify have lock screen difficulties on the device

Keep us posted!

Suggested posts