Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Improving station" message stuck on IOS

"Improving station" message stuck on IOS

Whenever I'm playing artist radio on Spotify, and tap on the thumbs-up button for a song, I get an animated message at the centre of the screen saying "Improving station". However, this message gets stuck. Even if you navigate away from now playing screen, the message remains in place.  If you then do a thumbs up on another song, you don't get any feedback on whether the app has captured your button press (the thumbs-up button remains white). The only way to clear the message is to shut down the app and restart it.

I'm getting this same behaviour on both my iPhone and iPad. Both are on IOS 10.2. The Spotify app version is  6.8.0. We have a premium subscription.

I can't see any other posts on this issue - does anyone else have the same problem, or is it just me?

Henry.

5 Replies

I contacted Sonos about the bug with the "Improving Station..." message getting stuck. I had a chat with a very friendly customer service rep. It's been reported to the technical team, and I've had an assurance that it will be fixed in the next release.

Yes. Same exact issue for me. Same version of iOS/Spotify for iPhone and iPad.  I am playing to sonos from within the Spotify.  I do not have the issue when playing to the phone/iPad speaker. Repeated this numerous times with same results. 

Hi

I get exactly the same issue, tried everything - no joy. I notice someone commented it would be fixed at next release. Wonderhow long it will be as this seems like a real pain and there must be lots of users frustrated by it.

Has it been fixed???Driving me nuts!!!

Me too! 😞

Suggested posts