Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Liked Songs" playlist wont stop Enhancing itself after I turn off Enhance

Solved!

"Liked Songs" playlist wont stop Enhancing itself after I turn off Enhance

Currently, my "Liked Songs" playlist is Enhanced. I don't want it Enhanced anymore, because I want to be able to download the playlist.

Every time I turn off Enhance and download the songs, the second I close out of that playlist and then go back to it, it's Enhanced again. I've tried clearing cache and closing/reopening the app and logging in and out but I'm at a loss.

The only thing I haven't tried is completely clearing the storage and uninstalling/reinstalling, but that's going to make me re-download like 10,000 songs.

I'm on iOS v16.1.2 on a iPhone 13 Pro, spotify is on v8.7.90.459

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! So it's annoying but you have to go to General -> Storage -> Spotify and completely delete the app/all of its contents, and then reinstall it. Works perfectly now, but now I just have to re-download everything. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Didn't have a chance to have someone else log in to my account, but completely wiping Spotify off my phone and reinstalling it seemed to do the trick. I'll reply again if the problem comes back after finishing the download of the playlist

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @prometheus_

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening with your Liked songs playlists or with other playlists as well? 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your iPhone to see if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It's only happening with my Liked Songs playlist, no other ones. I'll have someone log into their account tomorrow

Mine does this too. No matter how many times I turn off enhance, when I open the app back up my likes songs are enhanced again. It’s extremely irritating because, since the enhance feature adds songs that aren’t downloaded, I can’t play my likes songs offline even though they are downloaded. 

Marked as solution

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! So it's annoying but you have to go to General -> Storage -> Spotify and completely delete the app/all of its contents, and then reinstall it. Works perfectly now, but now I just have to re-download everything. 

Marked as solution

Didn't have a chance to have someone else log in to my account, but completely wiping Spotify off my phone and reinstalling it seemed to do the trick. I'll reply again if the problem comes back after finishing the download of the playlist

Extremely frustrating.  I am ready to cancel my subscription.  I Clicked on Enhanced in my Liked Songs.  Now I can't get rid of it.  Is this now a Forced Feature on me.  The problem is that when I am online I cannot access the List of Liked songs.  For example when I am flying and that is when I do most of the listening.  Is there another way besides deleting my whole list and re downloading.  Don't force a feature on us.  I think most people see through the Real reason of not allowing us to Delete Enhanced.  Please help. 

I posted the solution that worked for me up above, but basically you have
to completely delete Spotify off of your phone (storage & cache), uninstall
the app, and then reinstall it.

I have the same issue with a PL I made that somehow became "enhanced". Frankly it's an issue. I would love to be able to solve for this as the suggestions by the algo are often terrible and the reason I pay for premium is to avoid the idiotic suggetions.

Hi there @krismaerke,

Thanks for the post.

You should be able to switch off Enhance on your playlist. The button should be visible on both Mobile and Desktop. 

If you don't see the Enhance button, it's possible that you have Smart Shuffle enabled. You can learn more about this feature here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did want to add my two cents into this a year later. If this is occuring to you and the fix in this post isnt working for you, there is a new Shuffle mode. You can now Shuffle your Likes normally or theres a new mode called Smart Shuffle that essentially shuffles and "enhances" your playlists. Tap Shuffle icon once for normal shuffle, tap again for enhanced shuffle (see pictures attached to see how each mode looks). 

It took me FOREVER to figure this out and its hard to tell which mode is on. Reading this post somehow helped me even though, the solution was different. 

Normal Shuffle.jpg
Smart Shuffle.jpg

Suggested posts