Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Show this code to a friend" won't stop showing up !!!!

Solved!

"Show this code to a friend" won't stop showing up !!!!

Can someone please help me. When im on the app whenever I click the three dots to add a song to my playlist or whatever it constantly keeps telling me "show this code to a friend" etc etc can someone please tell me how to stop it ??? Because I don't need to keep seeing it over and over again I already seen it once I started my account so WHY does it keep popping up ??!
IMG_1515.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Dear Spotify developer who coded this,

Please fix your freaking bug. Or, if you've already been fired, had your temp contract canceled, or ended your no-hire internship, please notify your former supervisor that your half-assed project is still broken and causing daily agony to thousands of users. And remind them never to let you code an engagement feature again.
You need to persist the fact that the user dismissed the upsell. Not just in memory. In storage.

Also, these rebirthed QR codes aren't going to work, so just give up that dream right now.

I'm going to find you on LinkedIn and endorse you for Obnoxious Tone-Deaf User Interfaces. Then I'm going to conference call your parents and explain why they should still be disappointed in you.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Update just came in today. Is the bug still present? I'm not sure. I'll be testing today and will let you know later

Marked as solution

I just installed the 8.4.8 update on my iphone. The first time i went into song sharing the annoying dialogue popped up. Killed the app and restarted and the dialogue didn't come up again. The share code was just on the screen and i didn't have to X out of it. Looks like it's fixed. Thank you Spotify.... but please don't make these kind of mistakes in the future!

29 Replies

Hi there,

This feature cannot be turned off because this allows you to share music with nearby friends.

Regards,
JamesHelps | Festive VIP & Spotify Expert

If this post has solved your issue - Please click 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.

If I have helped you - Please like it.

But why does it constantly have to pop up ??

Have a look and see if there is an option to turn it off in settings

Regards,

There's no option for that

Then it cannot be turned off.

Regards,

There has to be a solution because it's very annoying, to constantly have that pop up.

Might be just a bug. Or Spotify just wants to ask you if you wanna share the song with your friend.

Regards,

I experience the same. That the code pops up is OK, but I don't need the notification the 70th time. Where do I file a bug report for this?

James... you're not helping.

Is there someone who is not consumed by cynicism who can help?

"Spotify expert" James keep your useless answers to yourself
i experience the same issue. It's annoying...

I can't believe this Sh*t still isn't fixed. Ughhhhh

Yep, I'm having this issue too. Incredibly annoying and would love a fix if anyone has any ideas. I hate to be a debbie downer, but this app has only gotten worse in the last year. Can I have the 2016 version that has in-app song sharing, friend inboxes, and no annoying notifications like this?

Have you tried sharing a song? maybe itll go away after you prove to spotify that you have seen that message. I type this alone in my room where I have no friends to try. 

Yeah I've already tried that, and it still pops up !

It's been weeks since spotify updated it's buggy **bleep** app... don't know what the issue is. Like these are obvious bugs.. why wouldn't you fix those quickly

This annoying new "feature" needs to go.  It's OK if you show it to me once every few months but I don't need it to pop up EVERY TIME.  It adds an extra tap required to everything I want to do.

To the "Spotify Expert" posting here - If you aren't part of the solution then you're part of the problem.  If you add nothing constructive or of value to this thread then you are just taking up space... You are clearly just making people more frustrated than helping.

Honestly

You're the "Spotify expert," and you can't tell us whether or not there's a setting to turn it off?

I'm switching to Amazon Music Unlimited.

The snarky answers and lack of help from Spotify make me want to punch them in the pop-ups.

Suggested posts