Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Track not available offline" dialog stuck in loop

"Track not available offline" dialog stuck in loop

I listen to Spotify on my iPhone when I'm driving and from time to time, it loses internet connection (moving between towers, etc). It will pop up the dialog "Track not available offline" and no matter how many times I click okay, it keeps reappearing. The app will actually reconnect and start playing music again, but I can't use the app because that dialog won't go away. I click okay, it comes back, even though the app is reconnected. The only way to get it to work right again is to double-click, hold down over the icon, and force quit Spotify.

5 Replies

Hey!

You might want to try playing around with offline playlists - This would get past the issue of it disconnecting. You can find out a little more here - http://www.spotify.com/about/features/offline-mode/
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have a couple of dozen playlists with thousands of songs. That's not much of an answer.

The problem is that the error dialog can't be dismissed when there's a connection interruption. I can't find any place on the website to report a bug, so I'm reporting it here before I put a review on the App Store noting the problem.

I am having the exact same issue. I have to close the app from the multitask bar so that it resets itself.

I am experiencing the same problem - an offline playlist is not an answer - once the connection is lost, I cannot dismiss the error message on my iPhone without rebooting the phone

Same thing happening here and the most frustrating part is that I actually HAVE playlists that I've sync'ed for offline play but I can't get to them because the auto-pop notification dialog box can't be dismissed!!
Fix the bug Spotify!! Premium subscription!
-Mciaralli

Suggested posts