Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

some songs aren`t playing

some songs aren`t playing

hello, i am using an iphone 5 with IOS 7.0.4, Spotify premium version 0.9.0.8, 12 playlists, and some songs on my iphone do noy play. They aren't grey on my mac and they do play there. On my iphone the only difference between a song that plays and one that doesn't is that the dot that moves along the duration of the song while it plays doesn't appear in one that doesn't play, therefore I can't give the command to start. It's annoying because if I have my playlists playing every now and then (often) the music stops because it has reached one of these songs. On my mac it doesn't happen. I have changed iphone in the last months and therefore re-installed spotify and it keeps happening. can you tell me what to do? thank you 

9 Replies

Hello!

Have you tried a clean reinstallation?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

yes I did...

Just to check these songs aren't local files are they? Could you post a link to a playlist?

sorry I do not know what local files are and how do I check that... :-s

With local files i mean music files for example mp3 files you have on your computer. You can check this on your Spotify application on your computer under local files.
Could you post a link to a playlist which don't play every song?

Favorite

in this playlist for example the song "blow me one last kiss" (pink) and "before you cry" (camera obscura) do not play

ok you are probably right!!  thank you!!! I am taking a look and I think the ones that do not play are local files!! but how do I solve that and make them play?

I couldn't see them in your playlist so they are probably local files. To sync local files your iPhone and Mac needs to be connected to the same Wifi and your iPhone should show under devices on your Spotify application in your Mac.

ok thank yoy very much Cristoffer, I'll try that out tonight when I get home, have a nice day!

Suggested posts