Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify plays songs even when its closed.

Solved!

spotify plays songs even when its closed.

Sometimes I go to readjust my AirPods which activates the touch button on it. This would be okay and not a problem but it is because Spotify keeps playing the songs as if I'm on the app. The touch button means play/stop so it plays the songs, but I don't want to play the songs, that's why I closed spotify in the first place, but no, it just keeps playing the songs. This has been going on for a full year now but I ignored it, but now it has come too far and it has became too annoying so please is there a fix?!?!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @otto007,

One way that could work is for you to set another app as a default music player and uninstall it (or maybe keep it if it's not working if you delete it). That way it will try to play from that app but since you don't use it, nothing will happen.

I don't know if there's a AirPod specific setting that would help with this but you could tinker in Settings > Bluetooth > 'Your AirPods' because as far as I know this feature can't be disabled.

Keep me posted 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @otto007, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

This is a feature of iOS, where the default music player will start playing when the play button is pressed (e.g. in the Control Center). Same thing on macOS, if I press the play button on my headphones and nothing else was playing audio, Apple Music will open and start playing music.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

is there a way i can disable it?

Marked as solution

Hey @otto007,

One way that could work is for you to set another app as a default music player and uninstall it (or maybe keep it if it's not working if you delete it). That way it will try to play from that app but since you don't use it, nothing will happen.

I don't know if there's a AirPod specific setting that would help with this but you could tinker in Settings > Bluetooth > 'Your AirPods' because as far as I know this feature can't be disabled.

Keep me posted 🙂

Suggested posts