Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify won't work with restrictions

spotify won't work with restrictions

I don't allow my kids to have safari on their devices and spotify used to work fine. Now with the latest update, spotify won't work unless safari is enabled. Is there a way around this?? So frustrating!
6 Replies

Hey @WarriorWizard74, I'll be happy to help.

To confirm, the Spotify app on your mobile device won't work unless the Safari app is open?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J, No. It won’t work as long as restrictions are enabled on the ipod.

Hey @WarriorWizard74.

Thanks for the reply! 

Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? 

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy_J,

While the restrictions were not enabled on the ipod, (as that's the only way spotify is working right now) I deleted spotify and then reinstalled it.  It opened fine so I went in and turned on the restrictions.  As soon as I toggled the restrictions button, the spotify app disappeared off the ipod.  When I went to the app store to see if I could download it again, the download 'cloud' was greyed out like it wasn't an option.  If I tried to download it with restrictions on, it would say something like, "This app can not work with restrictions enabled."  I noticed that the ipod has a software update to do so I'll do that and then clean install spotify again.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No luck.  Spotify just won't work with restrictions enabled any longer.

Hey @WarriorWizard74.

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts