Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

syncing songs from spotify to iPod

Solved!

syncing songs from spotify to iPod

I'm having problems sinking songs to my ipod. For example, when I sync my starred playlist onto my ipod it only syncs in about 90 out of 800 songs. I try multiple times to sync my whole playlist onto my ipod but it only syncs in 93 specific songs. I don't know why it won't sync in the other 800. When it's done syncing in the 93 specific songs it says it's done syncing that playlist when there are 800 more to sync in. Can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify only supports local file syncing to the iPod classic. So only MP3s that you have on your computer will transfer over when syncing from the Spotify desktop app.

You are better off using iTunes to sync your MP3s, because iTunes does a better job at it than Spotify.

You cannot sync songs that are on Spotify to your iPod. Spotify encrypts their music files so you can only listen to them inside of the Spotify desktop and mobile apps. This makes it so people can't just download music from Spotify and share the file.

Hopefully this information is helpful. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Is this an iPod touch?

It can take a while for the songs to download. You have to have the app open while the songs are downloading, otherwise when you close the app, it will stop downloading shortly after. 

Also, Spotify will not download songs if you do not have enough storage space left on your iPod.

How much storage space do you have left on your iPod?

MattSudaSpotify Star

It's an ipod classic with about 100 gb available

Marked as solution

Spotify only supports local file syncing to the iPod classic. So only MP3s that you have on your computer will transfer over when syncing from the Spotify desktop app.

You are better off using iTunes to sync your MP3s, because iTunes does a better job at it than Spotify.

You cannot sync songs that are on Spotify to your iPod. Spotify encrypts their music files so you can only listen to them inside of the Spotify desktop and mobile apps. This makes it so people can't just download music from Spotify and share the file.

Hopefully this information is helpful. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts