Who Me Too'd this topic

Private Session control will be tedious

Syd

In general, I love the new Android app, but I wanted to confirm something.  Let me know if I've misunderstood this.  From Settings...

privatesession.png

Private Session  OFF/ON

Don't share to others what you're listening to. 

Private session lasts until you've been inactive for 6h.

Why shouldn't we be able to remain in private mode indefinitely?  I can't think of a single reason that I would want to share the music that my three year-old daughter likes to listen to with my friends/colleagues.  Even if it weren't for Dora the Explorer, and what that says about me, if someone has eclectic tastes, the music they listen to can offer more of a window into their moods than many people would feel comfortable with.  I know social networks are where privacy expectations go to die, but I didn't become a paying customer of Spotify for the social network.  In fact, one of the reasons I abandoned Rdio is that they seemed more interested in me as a provider of social data than as a provider of money.  Is it no different here?  Just let me know.

I would pay a dollar extra each month in order to not have to keep going into the settings dialogue each time I launched the app.  If that sounds ridiculous, I agree.

Who Me Too'd this topic