Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2nd November - Not getting Premium? Read here!

Solved!

2nd November - Not getting Premium? Read here!

Hello all,

Thanks for reading. 

As of around 1730 UTC on the 2nd November, some users informed us that they aren't receiving the Premium service. We're aware of some server outage at the moment which is causing this issue. Our systems are redistributing the load at the moment, but it's sadly a little too early for an ETA at the moment. 

In the meantime, the first thing to try is logging out and back into your account a couple of times. This generally can forcefully refresh the subscription onto your account. If not, then just hang tight for a moment - We're on the case. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys 🙂

Spotify Status has tweeted:

"The problems from earlier should now be solved, please tweet @spotifycares if you're still having problems and our support team will help!" 

Therefore I'm guessing all of these issues should now be resolved. 

If its still not working for anyone, trying logging out and back in again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

38 Replies

Read what, blank page? 😉

Yay, you edited post. 🙂

Yeah, I hit post before I actually wrote something... I thought it would be a stealthy edit 😉
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the official post 😉

Peter

Peter

Hi,

Having the same issue here.  I have logged in and out from my desktop multiple times to no avail.

So, just to confirm, this problem means that if I go to Spotify on my iPhone, and try to play something from my playlist, it tells me that it can't becuase I'm not a premium member, even though I am?  Is that right?  Only reason I ask is that I've only just upgraded my account to a Premium service (today) so this is the first time I've tried doing anything using the iPhone app.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hay there!

You're here in update queue, so wait your lovely Premium. Premium is on it's way!

Those servers are very slow today, staffs at Spotify are looking to restore service to it's full mode.

@cyrusmehta wrote:

So, just to confirm, this problem means that if I go to Spotify on my iPhone, and try to play something from my playlist, it tells me that it can't becuase I'm not a premium member, even though I am?  Is that right?  Only reason I ask is that I've only just upgraded my account to a Premium service (today) so this is the first time I've tried doing anything using the iPhone app.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to the community 🙂

That is correct, until the servers get around to updating your account correctly, if you sign in online it will show you as a premium user but you won't be able to access premium features in the applications. 

Don't worry, it will be resolved as soon as possible 🙂

Peter

Peter

Hey there,

Not much of an update at the moment, but we're still on the case. Let us know if Premium starts showing up for you!
Airhorn Enthusiast

Mine is down as well, Decided to resubscribe today, bad day XD.

Just figured another responder couldn't hurt, i'll post here when it comes back on.

I just signed up today as well. I guess I picked the wrong time.

Hey. I just signed up this afternoon for Premium. I can log into the website and to here, but not to the desktop client or iOS client. Am I having the same problem or a different one? I signed up without Facebook, directly to Premium... not an upgrade. Thanks!

Spotify Premium just started working on my computer, but not yet on my mobile device.

I am having the same issue that everyone else is having with not allowing premium access on my computer or phone but now whenever I try to search for artists I get an error stating "Browsing Failed.  Please try again."  

Browsing of artists and albums just came back online this minute. 🙂

Haven't tested "actual" Premium via the mobile app yet.

@overfloater wrote:

Browsing of artists and albums just came back online this minute. 🙂

Haven't tested "actual" Premium via the mobile app yet.

Hey overfloater.

Welcome back to Commnuity.

Not seeing you for some time. Hope you are fine. 🙂

Toast

First time I see'im online 🙂 Welcome back then.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Thanks thanks. 🙂  I've still been listening like a maniac, just haven't had time to do anything more than scan the forums once in a while. Hopefully I'll have some time to get back into the habit of posting again.

And so that I'm not just derailing: Premium seems to be working fine again on the mobile app, per the tweet from @SpotifyStatus. Whew!

yeah, no issues I can see. Everything back like they were.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Yes. Welcome overfloater.

Glad to hear service is restored.

Suggested posts