Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • nord_a
  • Casual Listener
  • 958 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 958 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 113 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 113 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify account cannot be recovered because it was set up with Facebook

Spotify couldn't recover my account because I set it up from Facebook, but the recovery links came to my e-mail address and the links don't work, they say they can't help me due to security and privacy policies, it's annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify couldn't recover my account because I set it up from Facebook, but the recovery links came to my e-mail address and the links don't work, they say they can't help me due to security and priva...
  • blackaas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Codes on Physical Brand Product

I run a DTC online wine business. I was wondering if it is legal to print and include a Spotify QR code and playlist with their purchased wine order? No extra cost is included, only the wine is the commercial part of this exchange. Best, Owen

• I run a DTC online wine business. I was wondering if it is legal to print and include a Spotify QR code and playlist with their purchased wine order?   No extra cost is included, only the wine...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All playlists gone after account change

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceGalaxy s8Operating System My Question or IssueHi,My girlfriend and I have been using premium family for some time, and yesterday we decided to change to Duo. After I sent the invitation to her, all her playlists and arti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Galaxy s8 Operating System   My Question or Issue Hi, My girlfriend and I have been using premium family for some time, and yesterday we decided to c...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't enter zip code

I received an email from Spotify asking me to update my zip code, so that Spotify would have it for tax purposes. My zip code is 75068-3150, which has a different tax rate than 75068. When I try to save the zip code, I receive an error that indicates...

• I received an email from Spotify asking me to update my zip code, so that Spotify would have it for tax purposes.  My zip code is 75068-3150, which has a different tax rate than 75068.   ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution My profile leads to another persons profile??

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States My Question or IssueWhen I or another person go to my Spotify profile on the Desktop version only, clicking on any "see all" on my playlists, top tracks, or trying to see my followers immediately sends you to another p...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United States   My Question or Issue When I or another person go to my Spotify profile on the Desktop version only, clicking on any "see all" on my playlists, top trac...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomizing my username

Now that Spotify has pushed display names, I would like my original username to be a randomly-generated name instead. I started Spotify with a basic first-last name, but because that is visible in my profile link, I do not want it anymore. Logging in...

• Visitor
  • Now that Spotify has pushed display names, I would like my original username to be a randomly-generated name instead. I started Spotify with a basic first-last name, but because that is visible in my...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify duo see the same home speakers as account managers

We have Spotify Duo, and I can't seem to find the same home speakers as my partner. We have an Alexa upstairs and downstairs, however, if I want to use them they don't appear in my Spotify connect. Would it be possible for the speakers seen by the ma...

• Visitor
  • We have Spotify Duo, and I can't seem to find the same home speakers as my partner. We have an Alexa upstairs and downstairs, however, if I want to use them they don't appear in my Spotify connect. W...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Editing Artist bio

Hi,can someone please tell me how to format my artist bio? For example: I can't find a way to make line breaks. Spotify just doesn't take them. Basically I can't find a way to edit bios in a way that the changes stay. It now ended with the system jus...

• Roadie
  • Hi, can someone please tell me how to format my artist bio? For example: I can't find a way to make line breaks. Spotify just doesn't take them. Basically I can't find a way to edit bios in a way th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent Enumeration/Account testing VISA/Master Card

Dear Spotify AB, As I monitor your Websites and Mobile Application when a Sotify AB and Sotify user want to become premium account by link to credit cards (VISA/MasterCard/Ammerican Express) at your websites/Spotify Mobile application. But your syste...

• Dear Spotify AB,   As I monitor your Websites and Mobile Application when a Sotify AB and Sotify user want to become premium account by link to  credit cards (VISA/Mas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Account

Guys, I need your help! I have another account and I can't access it because Spotify says it doesn't exist, but it does because I have a premium one and I get the bills every month! I've tried every possible login but none work... How can I get in co...

• Guys, I need your help! I have another account and I can't access it because Spotify says it doesn't exist, but it does because I have a premium one and I get the bills every month! I've tried every ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unrecognized device, still logged in instantly after changing password and canceling all sessions

PlanPremium (family)CountryGermany DevicePixel 4a and LaptopOperating SystemAndroid 11 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueHey there,I got a problem with an unrecognized device. Yesterday, I found a device (named Sky1371) in my connected devices, whic...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (family) Country Germany   Device Pixel 4a and Laptop Operating System Android 11 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey there, I got a problem with an unrecog...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change location without waiting a year

I have signed up for a one year Spotify subscription plan with my location set to IN, but I am now in the UK and want to change my location, I have updated my payment info to UK and I've done all the steps I have been told. However now i need to wait...

• I have signed up for a one year Spotify subscription plan with my location set to IN, but I am now in the UK and want to change my location, I have updated my payment info to UK and I've done all the...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Signed into Spotify via Facebook account, Now lost all Liked Songs and Playlists

My Spotify account (Username: ) has been working fine for years, the other day I decided to log in via my Facebook account which uses the same email address as my main account. After logging out of my Facebook Spotify account, I logged back into my m...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify account (Username: <snip - moderator edit>) has been working fine for years, the other day I decided to log in via my Facebook account which uses the same email address as my ma...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cursing in Ads

There are ads playing now that have cursing in them! How do I prevent these types of ads from being played in my player? I don't want to hear that language, and plus it's at work. Very inappropriate, Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • There are ads playing now that have cursing in them! How do I prevent these types of ads from being played in my player? I don't want to hear that language, and plus it's at work.  Very inapprop...
  • longdistancefan
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Other
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution I can not add email to my account

I wanted to add email in my account because without it i can not even reset password. When i wanted to add email in my account, the box where you can enter the email was like dark (i could not write anything there). I am attaching a screenshot so you...

• Visitor
  • I wanted to add email in my account  because without it i can not even reset password. When i wanted to add email in my account, the box where you can enter the email was like dark (i could not ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log into iphone XR app, but can log into iphone browser and tv/desktop spotify app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIphone XR, had Iphone 6My Question or Issue I got a new phone (iPhone XR) and can not log into the sportify app. I can log into Spotify on the phone browser, desktop browser, desktop app, and tv app but not phone app. When ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Iphone XR, had Iphone 6 My Question or Issue   I got a new phone (iPhone XR) and can not log into the sportify app.   I can log into Spotify on the...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I remove facebook from my account and log in with an email and password?

Despite what the literal guide for this topic would say, you do not have an email in the account details and when trying to change or at least add one, it is grayed out and unable to be typed in. I created this account with Facebook and log into it u...

• Despite what the literal guide for this topic would say, you do not have an email in the account details and when trying to change or at least add one, it is grayed out and unable to be typed in. I c...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No hay letras

Hola, Hace años que tengo una cuenta Spotify. Desde hace unas semanas no me aparece ninguna letra: o dice que no la tiene o aparece un icono estraño. Para comprabar el error, he puesto canciones famosas y tampoco aparece la letra. ¿Alguien sabe que p...

• Hola,   Hace años que tengo una cuenta Spotify. Desde hace unas semanas no me aparece ninguna letra: o dice que no la tiene o aparece un icono estraño. Para comprabar el error, he puesto canci...
  • SDBDS
  • 25 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Account
  • 25 replies
  • 6 likes

Guest Mode

The ability to switch into 'Guest' or 'Private' mode so that you can play songs/playlist outside your usual taste (ie at a party) without it affecting your daily mix suggestions etc, or counting towards your Spotify wrapped statistics etc

• Visitor
  • The ability to switch into 'Guest' or 'Private' mode so that you can play songs/playlist outside your usual taste (ie at a party) without it affecting your daily mix suggestions etc, or counting towa...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Error Code 403

So I was logged out of my spotify account in both my iphone and my mac. I made this account just to be able to post and get help. It says that my username and password are incorrect. Then I checked my email and said that my account had been disabled ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I was logged out of my spotify account in both my iphone and my mac. I made this account just to be able to post and get help.  It says that my username and password are incorrect. Then I che...
  • Isaeednp
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes