Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Yaghmour
  • Casual Listener
  • 962 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 962 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 114 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 114 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Moving from Vodafone - how to I keep all my settings and playlists?

Hi, Finally moving away from Vodafone after years with them on their entertainment plan that comes with Spotify. I will have to open a new account with Spotify - does anyone know how I can merge accounts or transfer my liked songs / playlists? Thanks

• Hi,   Finally moving away from Vodafone after years with them on their entertainment plan that comes with Spotify.    I will have to open a new account with Spotify - does anyone k...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't login

My app randomly logged me out.Now I can't seem to log in by any means, first it says I'm offline and if I try to get an confirmation email, it instantly says that the confirmation link is not valid. I saw some similar problems but none of the fixes r...

• Casual Listener
  • My app randomly logged me out. Now I can't seem to log in by any means, first it says I'm offline and if I try to get an confirmation email, it instantly says that the confirmation link is not valid...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Double charged

I woke up this morning surprised because Spotify emailed me stating there was an error with my payment yet they took the money from my account. I didn't pay much attention because it was already paid. When I got to my profile, they were asking to upd...

• Casual Listener
  • I woke up this morning surprised because Spotify emailed me stating there was an error with my payment yet they took the money from my account. I didn't pay much attention because it was already paid...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect - Black or White

Hello, does anyone know what is the difference between the notification with white and black letters?Picture: Does black mean it is not playing?I'm asking because sometimes it changes from white to black, and I don't understand how it works.Is it a m...

Image.png
  • Hello, does anyone know what is the difference between the notification with white and black letters? Picture:     Does black mean it is not playing? I'm asking because sometim...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify starts play random music by itself

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIsraelDeviceMotorola Moto G6, Microsoft Surface, Lenovo YogaOperating SystemAndroid 9, Windows 10 My Question or IssueLately, my Spotify's Android app and desktop software start to play random music by itself out of nowhere and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Israel Device Motorola Moto G6, Microsoft Surface, Lenovo Yoga Operating System Android 9, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Lately, my Spotify's Android app ...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution duo account address confirmation

Account: Duo AccountRegion: CanadaOther: My partner and I are currently staying in Germany (medium to long term) but we kept our apartment in Canada and I am using Canada as my Spotify region. Hello. I am trying to invite my partner who I live with t...

• Casual Listener
  • Account: Duo Account Region: Canada Other: My partner and I are currently staying in Germany (medium to long term) but we kept our apartment in Canada and I am using Canada as my Spotify region. &...
  • Coldbread
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Display Name

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum category for my topic, maybe it should rather be posted in the "Ideas"-section .I've been unhappy with my Spotify username for a long time because it contains my whole real life name (bad decision when I crea...

• Regular
  • I'm not sure if this is the correct forum category for my topic, maybe it should rather be posted in the "Ideas"-section . I've been unhappy with my Spotify username for a long time because it con...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help!! I still haven't received the reset link

I tried to reset my password and still haven't received the reset link. I even checked everywhere even in junk and spam mail. Can someone please help?

• I tried to reset my password and still haven't received the reset link. I even checked everywhere even in junk and spam mail.  Can someone please help?
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family account within a divorce

Hi, I wanted to use a family account for me and my kids but they are not living in my house because of a divorce. Is this even possible when the description is telling me, that all persons must live under the same address? regards,Ralf

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I wanted to use a family account for me and my kids but they are not living in my house because of a divorce. Is this even possible when the description is telling me, that all persons m...
  • HemmyngsKylee
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot read on computer

Hello, I have this problem for more than 2 years now :I'm using Spotify on my phone and I don't have any problems. But on my computer, from one day to the next I couldn't play any music and the application didn't work anymore. Of course I've already ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have this problem for more than 2 years now : I'm using Spotify on my phone and I don't have any problems. But on my computer, from one day to the next I couldn't play any music and the app...
  • CarlosE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify for Artists: Playlists gone?

I had two Artist Playlists on my profile up for months, but today I noticed they were gone. Went back into Spotify for Artists and re-added them, it said "success," but they're still not back and disappear again upon refreshing the page. Anyone else ...

• Regular
  • I had two Artist Playlists on my profile up for months, but today I noticed they were gone.    Went back into Spotify for Artists and re-added them, it said "success," but they're still n...
  • bob707
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Account
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

[All Platforms][Connect] Spotify keeps switching to Web Player with Random Music

Hi - I woke up this morning and found my recently played on my Spotify is full of strange piano music that I did not choose. Every time I try to play anything, it switches to Web Player (Chrome) and won't let me listen to music on my device. This is ...

• Hi - I woke up this morning and found my recently played on my Spotify is full of strange piano music that I did not choose. Every time I try to play anything, it switches to Web Player (Chrome) and ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Spotify authentication instead of facebook authentication method

Hi, I have created my spotify account years ago over facebook.Now I want to delete my facebook account and want to use a normal spotify account. What I did:I've followed the steps which are described here (option 1): https://community.spotify.com/t5/...

• Hi,  I have created my spotify account years ago over facebook. Now I want to delete my facebook account and want to use a normal spotify account.   What I did: I've followed the steps...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change the country for suggestions (not payment)

Hi all, I'm a Brazilian living in Spain. I have a Spotify Premiun. In my account, the country is ES. That is fine, because I live here and the payment should be done here. But I'd like to have the playlists suggestions from my previous country. The c...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,  I'm a Brazilian living in Spain. I have a Spotify Premiun. In my account, the country is ES. That is fine, because I live here and the payment should be done here.   But I'd lik...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution stolen account

My account has been stolen and I cannot log in it. I contacted a spotify assistant bot that told me to create a new account and then gave me a reference number that I have to provide them so that they can help me gain access to my old stolen account....

• Casual Listener
  • My account has been stolen and I cannot log in it. I contacted a spotify assistant bot that told me to create a new account and then gave me a reference number that I have to provide them so that the...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Somebody purchased premium from my debit card

I was notified earlier that somebody purchased premium from my debit card. I do not use this service and I dont have access to that account either. What can I do in this situation?

• I was notified earlier that somebody purchased premium from my debit card. I do not use this service and I dont have access to that account either.  What can I do in this situation?   &n...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t change my artist profil picture

hi,As a band we try to change our profile picture (with Spotify for Artists) but it doesn’t work. (It’s the picture you can see in the search results and on the very top of the artist’s page on mobile). Actually it’s our album artwork but we want to ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, As a band we try to change our profile picture (with Spotify for Artists) but it doesn’t work. (It’s the picture you can see in the search results and on the very top of the artist’s page on mob...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on Samsung:track changes randomly and Webplayer Microsoft Edge icon appears with no reason

I am using Spotify Premium on my Samsung Galaxy since a few weeks, suddenly today tracks started stopping after 2 seconds and passed authomatically to other Russian songs I never had heard before, and the "web player microsoft edge" appeared written ...

• I am using Spotify Premium on my Samsung Galaxy since a few weeks, suddenly today tracks started stopping after 2 seconds and passed authomatically to other Russian songs I never had heard before, an...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android] Why is my account playing music that is not me?

I am trying to log into my account to play music and it is already playing through a different device that is not me. When I try to switch it to my browser, it switches back to whoever is in my account. I have tried changing my password and it still ...

• Visitor
  • I am trying to log into my account to play music and it is already playing through a different device that is not me. When I try to switch it to my browser, it switches back to whoever is in my accou...
  • STLBatman
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Every time I open Spotify, I see all this EXTRA **bleep** I don't want to see....

Premium for family Country USA Device Mac One thing that really bugs the **bleep** out of me is when I open spotify, the last song I was playing from a playlist is there on the bottom but I'm no longer in the playlist. I have HUNDREDS of playlists. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium for family   Country USA   Device Mac     One thing that really bugs the **bleep** out of me is when I open spotify, the last song I was playing from a playlist is ...
  • TigerAudioInc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes