Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Maria
  • 961 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 961 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 114 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 114 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! I can’t edit my profile

I’ve followed the steps found here in the community, but I still can’t edit my profile to change my username.

• Casual Listener
  • I’ve followed the steps found here in the community, but I still can’t edit my profile to change my username.   
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not connect with Discord

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDevicePC BuildOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDiscord does not detect when Spotify is playing. I connected it to Discord and followed instructions but it still does not work. My Spotify and Discord names are...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device PC Build Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Discord does not detect when Spotify is playing. I connected it to Discord and follow...
  • -Kyan-
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change email address

Hi,I have a problem because I changed my email address and my account was created via Facebook. I have already changed the e-mail address on Facebook, but in Spotify in the account settings it is still the old one and I can't change it (which is in a...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have a problem because I changed my email address and my account was created via Facebook.   I have already changed the e-mail address on Facebook, but in Spotify in the account setting...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My account

Hi I have been paying for premium for months now and it's saying I only have a free account I can't seem to cancel the account on Facebook or on Spotify its self if you could help me with this would b great I don't want to cancel my account jst want ...

• Visitor
  •   Hi I have been paying for premium for months now and it's saying I only have a free account I can't seem to cancel the account on Facebook or on Spotify its self if you could help me with th...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I need my "bell" notification back

As I like Spotify as it's starting to be useless for me.My notifications about new songs of following bands and artists disappeared. Shame, it was that what was the point of keeping me with Spotify together. Without notifications I can’t see serious ...

• Music Fan
  • As I like Spotify as it's starting to be useless for me. My notifications about new songs of following bands and artists disappeared. Shame, it was that what was the point of keeping me with Spotify...
  • morganlaura
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 28 likes
  • Other
    Subscription
  • 9 replies
  • 28 likes

Solved!! student in the family

FamilyPremiumSingapore Devicesony, huaweiOperating SystemAndroid Am considering joining premium family. My son is 16, can he? The last time he tried to sign up , but student seems to imply university. Should I sign up, his account won't be in anyway ...

• Casual Listener
  • Family Premium Singapore   Device sony, huawei Operating System Android     Am considering joining premium family. My son is 16, can he? The last time he tried to sign up ,...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm not receiving the weekly releases email

PlanPremiumCountryGuatemala My Question or IssueIt has been almost a month and I'm no longer receiving the emails with the weekly releases

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Guatemala   My Question or Issue It has been almost a month and I'm no longer receiving the emails with the weekly releases  
  • davold
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [All Platforms][Other] Real Security Measures (Personal Usernames)

Creating this post to hopefully get to the right folks. So a while back when you guys implemented the new security measures (changing everyone's usernames to some dumb 40 digit long string of random numbers and letters) My account started acting up, ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...o use your username if they're worried about someone seeing your public username. Bang now there's no issue's with someone having half of their login. But wait you might say what if someone uses part o...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Changing country of my account

PlanPremium (Trial)CountryGermany (want to change to Romania)DeviceAlexa, Windows 10 PC, Linux NotebookOperating SystemAlexa, Windows, Ubuntu My Question or IssueHello,I'm evaluating Premium and there's only one issue: I'd like to change the country ...

• Plan Premium (Trial) Country Germany (want to change to Romania) Device Alexa, Windows 10 PC, Linux Notebook Operating System Alexa, Windows, Ubuntu   My Question or Issue Hello, I'm ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist followers are all at 0

on both desktop and my iphone app it says that all of my playlists have 0 followers when i know for a fact i have more than that! i thought i just needed to refresh but it is still saying 0 followers. See attachments.

• Roadie
  • on both desktop and my iphone app it says that all of my playlists have 0 followers when i know for a fact i have more than that! i thought i just needed to refresh but it is still saying 0 followers...
  • d7w59n_yl-3ut
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

No internet connection detected - error code 4

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell XPS 13Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor the past several days I have been having persistent issues with Spotify on my desktop. I have never had these issues before and I have been using Spotify for yea...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell XPS 13 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the past several days I have been having persistent issues with Spotify on my desktop...
  • maniluvsu
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

daily mix, new update

I really think you guys ruined the Daily Mixes. I loved that they used to endlessly load songs even if I knew a lot of them or sometimes there were repeats, still I would always find a ton of new songs/artists that way. Now there's only 50 songs whic...

• I really think you guys ruined the Daily Mixes. I loved that they used to endlessly load songs even if I knew a lot of them or sometimes there were repeats, still I would always find a ton of new son...
  • actuallyalexis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Cant dissconnect my old ps4

I sold my old ps4 without unlinking my spotify account. How do I remove this from the list of devices? I've tried selecting "display only local devices", but it keeps coming up as "Can't play this right now"

• Visitor
  • I sold my old ps4 without unlinking my spotify account. How do I remove this from the list of devices? I've tried selecting "display only local devices", but it keeps coming up as "Can't play this ri...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Being Charged Twice after account crashed

On March 24th I discovered that my Premium account had stopped working for some reason. NOT due to payment problem. I then proceeded to re-register to Duo as it is only my son and myself. I am now being charged for both. How do I cancel the Premium w...

• Visitor
  • On March 24th I discovered that my Premium account had stopped working for some reason.  NOT due to payment problem.  I then proceeded to re-register to Duo as it is only my son and myself....
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Username is numbers and I don't have a Facebook account

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada DeviceAll DevicesOperating SystemAll operating systems My Question or IssueHello! My username changed to a bunch of numbers because I deleted my Facebook account. I did not realise that deleting my Facebook account would ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Canada   Device All Devices Operating System All operating systems   My Question or Issue Hello! My username changed to a bunch of numbers because I deleted ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist added to the wrong artist profile

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hi, I am in / own two artist pages on Spotify. I have accidently requested verification and ...

Screenshot_20200428_211720_com.spotify.s4a.jpg
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  Hi,&nb...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spam Emails?

Plan:Premium I received an email from what appeared to be Spotify stating “update your account and get back to enjoying your music.” I logged into the website but did not enter any billing information or other personal info out of suspicion that the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium   I received an email from what appeared to be Spotify stating “update your account and get back to enjoying your music.” I logged into the website but did not enter any billing...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for premium and ads still playing

I paid 10$ for premium two days ago and ads are still being played. I only have one account , and I’ve logged out of everything and my plan still says free. I’ve reached out to y’all hours ago and no response to this. Fix it or I want my money back n...

• Casual Listener
  • I paid 10$ for premium two days ago and ads are still being played. I only have one account , and I’ve logged out of everything and my plan still says free. I’ve reached out to y’all hours ago and no...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to change my display name, there is no "Edit Profile" Option in mobile settings

Plan:FreeCountry:USADevice:iPhone 11 Pro & Macbook Air 13" 2017Operating System:iOS 13.4.5 & MacOS X 10.15.4 My Question or Issue:Like I stated in the title, I'm trying to change my display name. I found this support page which has instructions on ho...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Free Country: USA Device: iPhone 11 Pro & Macbook Air 13" 2017 Operating System: iOS 13.4.5 & MacOS X 10.15.4   My Question or Issue: Like I stated in the title, I'm...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can someone see who reports their playlist?

My boyfriend’s ex recently made a playlist for me with an hour and 50 minutes of “**bleep** You” by CeeLo Green and Lily Allen. I recently reported the playlist title, but will she see that I was the one who reported it?

• Visitor
  • My boyfriend’s ex recently made a playlist for me with an hour and 50 minutes of “**bleep** You” by CeeLo Green and Lily Allen. I recently reported the playlist title, but will she see that I was the...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes