Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

I've tried every suggested solution from the six pages of comments and still nothing.

All I am seeing is 'Top Playlists' 'Playlists Created' and 'Top Radio Stations' 

I use to see a month by month account of 'Top Artists' 'Top Albums' and 'Top Tracks'

Does anyone know if FB or Spotify are looking into this, there seem to be a lot of people with the same problem.

HELP ME!! My spotify is not working AT ALL, it won´t post anything on my facebook. I hate paying for a product that doenst work. Plus you guys are soo bad with helping me with this. WORST SERVICE EVER! Please help me.

I'm having the same problem discussed in the topic, someone solved the problem?
my box statistic on facebook only shows my playlists and I have checked all the privacy.

I have the same problem is everyone else here and it is frustrating. Used to have a nice list that showed all my top listens and such, but now it is very very basic and almost seems like it has no data for 2012 at all. I do believe the issue has to do with not being able to allow the app to "Post to my timeline" the only option it has during install is to "access my data"

I hope a developer sees this and fixes this issue.

All the boxes are checked and it still isn't working for me? It gets stuck on a track listened too days ago... This just started happening recently. Within the last week or so it will work one day then not the next...

Hi I'm having this problem but it seems that things on both Spotify and FB have changed since you have answered this question. How do I go about making sure my song listens are showing on Facebook? I think when I shut the "post to facebook" button off once it sort of 'stuck' like that and won't go back to being public anymore. Help is appreciated! Thanks.

One more here. Mine stopped showing my top artists and albums and no longer has any info in the spotify app timeline. This was one of the major features that made me wanna become a subscriber! And it just disappeared. I'll keep checking back here but please somebody on staff check into this!

My favorite feature of Spotify was the display of the songs I was listening to on myFacebook timeline as well.  I'm very disappointed.  It actually worked up until about 1 month ago, and I didn't change anything in my settings, or controls.  This just happened on its own.

Not working here for ages!

Spotify, Dan Winter – How Does It Feel 2011 - Radio Edit ?

Please fix!

Hey I escalated this to staff. They don't comment without this. 😞

OK so I'm going to sound like a BROKEN RECORD HERE with all the posts... but FIRST of all I tried LOOKING for this on the Spotify community THROUGH Facebook but when I tried to POST this... it didn't work and THEN the page said (after trying to refresh the page):

----

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
    cookies.

---

So before I make this post I was wondering... does anyone have that 'check box' in prefrences that says: 'show what I listen to on Facebook' because the ONLY one I have in my prefrences is: 'share my activity on Spotify Social & msn'...and I HAVE updated my Spotify to the most recent!  So on to my 'broken record' POST!

My facebook page USE to show what my top songs and top albums are but NOW it ONLY shows the song I'm listening to at the MOMENT (at the TOP Of timeline)... I've already gone to "prefrences" and it IS set to BOTH 'Top Artists' and 'Top Album' (in Spotify prefrences) but they don't SHOW on my Facebook page anymore... AND NOW when I click on 'Music' on my OWN page, it doesn't have ANY DETAILS of what I've listened to anymore!?  HOWEVER I DID go to the activity log on FB where you click on the chocies for what to SHOW on timeline... I clicked them ALL (on the 'Spotify' app) and ALSO did the SAME thing with the 'Music' app too!  ALSO it says to share more on Facebook 'Go to Music'... and when I GO there... it just shows me OTHER people on FB what THEY are listening to!  Any advice or tricks or tips how to get this all to start WORKING AGAIN my FB profile?  Is this EVER going to get FIXED? Thanks in advance for any MORE ideas!

Sincerely,

Shivonne G

PS. I ALSO notice that the ONLY feature WORKING on FB (on my profile) which says ONLY the song I am 'listening' to at the moment... is ALWAYS 'behind' by songs I already listened to!

Hey there, if you see more posts here, don't worry. I merged some related threads to this one.

Me too.  I hid a few trashy songs that I listened to and not nothing is showing.  My brothers shows all the stuff hes listening to.  

My page looks like this:

Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 18.15.22.png

When his looks like this:

Screen Shot 2012-11-06 at 11.40.27.jpg

Hey there folks, staff said this is reported to right persons.

Hey there joe!

I merged topic you answered for to this big topic about this problem.

Staff is reported this problem to right folks.

EXACTLY!  Why do SOME FB look CORRECT and other's NOT... Mine looks about like yours too! 😞

@joe1982 wrote:

Me too.  I hid a few trashy songs that I listened to and not nothing is showing.  My brothers shows all the stuff hes listening to.  

My page looks like this:

Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 18.15.22.png

When his looks like this:

Screen Shot 2012-11-06 at 11.40.27.jpg

Yep, same problem here. This is a cool feature and right now it looks ugly as hell. Hope this is fixed.

Hi,

Thank God I found this thread!

So I'm sure this has been mentioned. Unfortunately I cannot go through the 22 pages to see if someone found a solution or not. Also I did something else so maybe someone can help.

Yesterday Spotify was posting. After one song it stopped. I went to my activity log - everything is checked for Spotify. I uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times. Logged in and out after changing the Facebook preferences on Spotify through edit.

Now, there is no "recent activity" bar on my timeline.

What I did on my activity log was I hit "revoke publishing rights from Spotify" in hopes that I could restore them and that could fix the problem. Zero - nothing happened. I don't even know how to get those back. I removed the app from Facebook and then installed it again. Still nothing on my activity log about restoring them or revoking them again (if they came back once I got the app again.)

PLEASE someone help me. I don't have a separate Spotify account - I use my Facebooks.

I hope someone will be able to help me. I did let Facebook know as well.

Thank you!

My started to work, but again same **bleep**, for how long?

Listening now this and updated to Facebook. 🙂

I have it too! :O. Is it possible that the amount of songs listened may have caused this? When i was under 10000 songs, it was still like this, when it went above 10000 songs, it disappeared.

Suggested posts