Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Fix Local Files after Switching Computer?

So I just got a new laptop and now all of the Local Files that I had saved in playlists and Liked Songs are greyed out, and clicking on them to play them gives the message "This content is not available". Is there any way I can get them to play again...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just got a new laptop and now all of the Local Files that I had saved in playlists and Liked Songs are greyed out, and clicking on them to play them gives the message "This content is not availa...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dislike option is missing in Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, Release Radar

Plan: FreeCountry: USDevice: Windows Chrome Browser The dislike option is missing. See image below. Probably similar to this problem that was supposedly fixed, but isn't for me:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Remove-Dislike-so...

spotify.png
  • Regular
  • Plan: Free Country: US Device: Windows Chrome Browser   The dislike option is missing. See image below.   Probably similar to this problem that was supposedly fixed, but isn't for...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't rewind/forward songs if Low streaming quality is set

PlanFreeOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI believe that this is a bug, I can easily reproduce it.If the Low streaming quality is set, then I can't rewind or forward in songs. If I do, it just pauses for a second, then switches to the ne...

• Plan Free Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I believe that this is a bug, I can easily reproduce it. If the Low streaming quality is set, then I can't rewind or forward i...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution peloponezian

Wont play selected track unless i add it to my library then it will playWindows 10 Free/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Wont play selected track unless i add it to my library then it will play Windows 10     Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Opera...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pauses every 30 sec

PlanFree CountrySpain Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify pauses every 30 seconds. I have uninstalled the program, deleted cookies, installed again, and nothing works. This is the second time it happens. First time I solved...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Country Spain   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Spotify pauses every 30 seconds. I have uninstalled the program...
  • Takati
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't download, Windows 10 Home

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Queue List and 'Add to Queue' disappears when ad crashes

PlanFreeCountryHawaii, USADeviceLenovo Legion S7 15ACH6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSometimes an ad would freeze and I'm forced to close the app. When I re-open Spotify, my queue list and the 'Add to queue' option disappears. I'm fo...

• Plan Free Country Hawaii, USA Device Lenovo Legion S7 15ACH6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Sometimes an ad would freeze and I'm forced to close the app. When I re-...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Unable to play song when resume from hiberanation

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceAMD Ryzen 7 Asus X570 desktopOperating SystemWindows 11 22H2 Build 22621.160 My Question or IssueI hibernate my computer for the end of the day.When I resume the desktop the next day, and click the Play button on Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device AMD Ryzen 7 Asus X570 desktop Operating System Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.160   My Question or Issue I hibernate my computer for the end of the d...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"New releases" in the "Blues" section is missing?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Distractible podcast won't play

I am trying to listen to the distractible podcast. Other podcasts play but with distractible when I press play it changes to a pause button but the progress tracker stays at 0:00

• I am trying to listen to the distractible podcast. Other podcasts play but with distractible when I press play it changes to a pause button but the progress tracker stays at 0:00
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps playing on its own

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 22, PC Windows 11Operating SystemAndroid, Windows 11i read the other threads, i understand other people have the same issue, did everything that was advised, nothing worked except for when i clicked "sign out...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 22, PC Windows 11 Operating System Android, Windows 11 i read the other threads, i understand other people have the same issue, di...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Windows 10] Can't select large amounts of tracks in Liked Songs

I have an issue where I can't select all the tracks in my Liked Songs. I don't know if it's relevant, but I have about 3.6k songs in my Library, so that's more than 6k away from max song amount for the Liked Songs list. Selecting using Ctrl + A selec...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an issue where I can't select all the tracks in my Liked Songs. I don't know if it's relevant, but I have about 3.6k songs in my Library, so that's more than 6k away from max song amount for t...
  • Shivinate
  • 5 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 19 likes

Superuser Contribution [web app] when queue reaches 100 songs, songs added start removing songs from bottom of queue

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceacer aspire v nitro Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuewhen the queue reaches 100 songs, songs added start to remove the songs from the bottom of the queue I made a video showing how it works, but it's too bi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Poland Device acer aspire v nitro  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue when the queue reaches 100 songs, songs added start to remove th...
  • Vasil
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music doesn't play

When I click on 'play' an error message appear and it says that 'spotify can't play this right now and that if I have the file on my computer I can import it'.. how can I fix this?

• Visitor
  • When I click on 'play' an error message appear and it says that 'spotify can't play this right now and that if I have the file on my computer I can import it'.. how can I fix this?  
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution when playing spotify on my amplifier (onkyo TX-8130), it pauses

Country: The NetherlandsSpotify Premium Device: Onkyo TX-8130Suddenly, spotify doesn't play anymore on my Onkyo TX-8130 amplifier. On the display, it showes the song that is played (as on my other devices), but there is no sound. The time indicator d...

• Casual Listener
  •   Country: The Netherlands Spotify Premium   Device: Onkyo TX-8130 Suddenly, spotify doesn't play anymore on my Onkyo TX-8130 amplifier. On the display, it showes the song that is play...
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution TroubleShooting with the research

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceLaptop Legion 5 17ACH6HOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueSo here is my issue , it's kind of minor but really problematic and boring with time,I can play only some playlist : mine and some on the menu that I ...

•  Plan Premium Country France Device Laptop Legion 5 17ACH6H Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue So here is my issue , it's kind of minor but really problematic and ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skipping through 5+ songs before stopping skipping

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows 10 working with Google HomeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi,I read up online that this is a pretty common issue and it is pathetic that Spotify has done nothing to fix this issue. Every so...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows 10 working with Google Home Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I read up online that this is a pretty common issu...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Solved] Spotify on Windows 10 not showing in iPhone Other Devices

For a long time I've used Spotify on my iPhone to control the Spotify App on a Windows 10 PC (my Media Centre) to play music. Both are on the same network in my home. About 6 months ago the Windows PC stopped appearing in Other Devices so I could no ...

• For a long time I've used Spotify on my iPhone to control the Spotify App on a Windows 10 PC (my Media Centre) to play music. Both are on the same network in my home.   About 6 months ago the ...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 desktop crashing immediately upon opening.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i uninstall and reinstall spotify, when i log in, no matter if its the windows version or the app version, it crashes immediately. the web version and phone work just fin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i uninstall and reinstall spotify, when i log in, no matter if its the windows version or the ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs playlist order on web player does not sync with desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueThe order of the liked songs playlist on the web player does not sync properly with my desktop and mobile app. I've tried logging out and in again to no avail.

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Vietnam Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue The order of the liked songs playlist on the web player does not sync properly with my desktop and...
  • tuannamnguyen
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes