Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Web Player][Playlists] Autoplay for web player ON

Next time you randomly choose to turn features on/off, please change Spotify Web autoplay to ON. So that web player continues to play similar songs. On. Thanks. You could also add settings into the software, where an user can turn stuff on/off him or...

• Casual Listener
  • Next time you randomly choose to turn features on/off, please change Spotify Web autoplay to ON. So that web player continues to play similar songs. On. Thanks.   You could also add settings i...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cycling of playlists in Android app doesn't happen in the desktop version.

DeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroid/Windows 10 My Question or IssueI mainly use Spotify on my phone but have recently been using it more on the my desktop. One feature I find particularly good on the Android app is the cycling of the most recently p...

• Music Fan
  • Device Samsung Operating System Android/Windows 10   My Question or Issue I mainly use Spotify on my phone but have recently been using it more on the my desktop. One feature I find partic...
  • musicalhaggis
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't use spotify in native app for Windows 10 "Turn off offline mode and try again" accesspoint:39

PlanPremium FamilyCountry BrazilOperational SystemWindows 10 My question or problem:Hi! I'm having trouble using Spotify's native app for Windows 10. The music control bar is frozen, and when I try to play any song, nothing happens. When I click it m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Brazil Operational System Windows 10   My question or problem: Hi! I'm having trouble using Spotify's native app for Windows 10. The music control bar i...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Is there any way to remove the "Play 'songname' by 'Artist'" banner?

PlanPremiumCountryUK DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI wasn't sure where to put this so hopefully it can get moved to the right place.Everytime I click on a song, then highlight another, there's a UI banner that appears above t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I wasn't sure where to put this so hopefully it can get moved to the right place. Everytim...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UI
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists greyed out

Hi, I am a UK user running Spotify Premium on a Windows 10 desktop and as of yesterday (18.09.21), every single track in my playlists are greyed out and marked as 'content not available'. I have discovered that if I connect to a North America proxy v...

• Regular
  • Hi, I am a UK user running Spotify Premium on a Windows 10 desktop and as of yesterday (18.09.21), every single track in my playlists are greyed out and marked as 'content not available'. I have disc...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant share multiple songs since update.

Before the update you could share multiple songs by selecting them with ctrl the share. This doesn't work anymore, please fix.

• Regular
  • Before the update you could share multiple songs by selecting them with ctrl the share. This doesn't work anymore, please fix.
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bad Links - Albums & See Discography

When under a specific artist, clicking 'Albums', or 'See Discography' does not show all available albums, instead it launches the track list for the most recently released album. There is something wrong with the embedded links not directing to the r...

• Casual Listener
  • When under a specific artist, clicking 'Albums', or 'See Discography' does not show all available albums, instead it launches the track list for the most recently released album.  There is somet...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution One pixel gap at the bottom of maximized window

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceThinkpad X1 CarbonOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or Issue When I maximize Spotify a 1px gap appears at the bottom of the window, which is specially visible when there is a light window behind it. I've tried cl...

Spotify Gap.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Thinkpad X1 Carbon Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue   When I maximize Spotify a 1px gap appears at the bottom of the windo...
  • Kiril
  • 4 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 16 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Album Art

PlanFree Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe album art/cover isn't showing on local files. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Spotify but it's still not showing.

• Plan Free   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The album art/cover isn't showing on local files. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Spotify but it's sti...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline Mode Not Working

Trying to play some Downloaded music on my computer while I don't have Internet connection. Spotify is giving me the "something went wrong try reloading page error" even while in Offline Mode. I've restarted the app/computer to now avail. Any idea's?...

• Trying to play some Downloaded music on my computer while I don't have Internet connection. Spotify is giving me the "something went wrong try reloading page error" even while in Offline Mode. I've r...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution crash in app spotify

PlanFreeCountryFrench Device HP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuewhen I have been using the spotify app for a while then it crashes when you want to change playlist or search for music. Yesterday I reinstalled the spotify app to f...

• Composer
  • Plan Free Country French  Device  HP laptop Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue when I have been using the spotify app for a while then it crashes when y...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crash in app
    slow
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution something went wrong please refresh the page

it says something went wrong please refresh the page but refreshing doesnt work i tried a clean uninstall but i cant find spotify files in app data and i am gettnig the same problem when i open the web app please someone help me

• Casual Listener
  • it says something went wrong please refresh the page but refreshing doesnt work i tried a clean uninstall but i cant find spotify files in app data and i am gettnig the same problem when i open the w...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect not working for windows app

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceiPhone 8 Plus, desktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10, iOS 13.3.My Question or IssueFor almost a year now my desktop version of spotify doesnt work properly. The connect to a device function does not find my phone...

• Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device iPhone 8 Plus, desktop computer Operating System Windows 10, iOS 13.3. My Question or Issue For almost a year now my desktop version of spotify doesnt w...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No sound when playing via PC and installed speakers

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueStruggling to get sound. No sound when playing on my PC. I have sound from various other apps (MS Teams, Youtube etc). I have made random changes to ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1 Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Struggling to get sound.  No sound when playing on my PC.  I ha...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Win32 app v1.1.71 doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePersonal ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 (21H1 / 19043.1288) My Question or IssueWhen I tried to open Spotify today, nothing happened. Windows cursor just shows loading for a second then nothing. Did some troubleshoot...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Personal Computer Operating System Windows 10 (21H1 / 19043.1288)   My Question or Issue When I tried to open Spotify today, nothing happened. Window...
  • Jumpy
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Track Display Info - Windows 10 + Mac Desktop App

When in the main screen (Windows desktop app) and you enlarge the album cover by clicking on the bottom left, the album cover will go full screen it will show how the artist and track information for a few seconds before disappearing. Is there a way ...

• Regular
  • When in the main screen (Windows desktop app) and you enlarge the album cover by clicking on the bottom left, the album cover will go full screen it will show how the artist and track information for...
  • scobihughes
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution certain podcast shows doesn't play episodes anymore without special conditions

Hello everyone. Plan: PremiumCountry: GermanyDevice: desktop computerOperating System: Windows 10App Version: 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e My Issue:For a couple of days, I got problems with a specific podcast show BBC Global News Podcast, which I have subscr...

MightyStrawberr_0-1631443484586.png MightyStrawberr_2-1631444036609.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone.   Plan: Premium Country: Germany Device: desktop computer Operating System: Windows 10 App Version: 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e   My  Issue: For a couple of day...
  • ParentalControl
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable fullscreen song info and artwork fading out?

PlanPremiumCountryCatalonia DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey, I was wondering if there was a way to disable the song title, author, album artwork... (bascally everything the fullscreen feature shows you before fading...

Crazychemist_0-1630567010587.png Crazychemist_1-1630567019354.png
  • Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Catalonia   Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to disable the song title, author, a...
  • bbez56
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop on the latest version of windows

I just loaded the latest version of windows, and my desktop version of Spotify won't load. It just loads a black screen and stops. I've seen posts in other forums that the latest version of windows breaks Spotify. When will this be fixed and can we b...

• Music Fan
  • I just loaded the latest version of windows, and my desktop version of Spotify won't load.  It just loads a black screen and stops.  I've seen posts in other forums that the latest version ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "See All" songs in search stop loading

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen searching for songs on Spotify and choosing to "see all", songs will not load after a certain point. If you scroll down, after 80 songs a loading whee...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When searching for songs on Spotify and choosing to "see all", songs will not l...
  • HeliTahvanainen
  • Music Fan
  • 44 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 7 likes