Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • lazypapertiger
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! How do I select multiple songs?

On one of my playlists, I want to move multiple songs to another playlist. Its kind of a pain to drag them one by one to that new playlist.... Could anyone tell me how to select multiple tracks?

• Casual Listener
  • On one of my playlists, I want to move multiple songs to another playlist. Its kind of a pain to drag them one by one to that new playlist.... Could anyone tell me how to select multiple tracks?
  • L3MUR_1
  • 33 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 4 likes

SentinelOne Anti Virus - Perceives installer as threat

My corporate team recently updated SentinelOne anti virus software. It now perceives the spotify app as a threat and deletes it. It also halts any new installation. I'm listening to spotify on the web app, but it's not the same experience.

• Casual Listener
  • My corporate team recently updated SentinelOne anti virus software.  It now perceives the spotify app as a threat and deletes it.  It also halts any new installation.   I'm listening...
  • Ospot
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

sort saved and unsaved music in playlists

Hi, Currently we are able to sort playlists on title, artist, album, date and length. But i would like to sort my playlists on saved and unsaved songs as well. That way i can easily select all unsaved songs in order to remove them. I have a habit of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Currently we are able to sort playlists on title, artist, album, date and length. But i would like to sort my playlists on saved and unsaved songs as well. That way i can easily select a...
  • PatatjeSatésaus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • option
    saved
    unsaved
    Update
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Search by year

I used to be able to search by year of album releasedate or by label with "search:2017" or "search:stiff". The label search option still works.. But what happend tot the search by date option? It's not working anymore?

• Regular
  • I used to be able to search by year of album releasedate or by label with "search:2017" or "search:stiff". The label search option still works.. But what happend tot the search by date option? I...
  • anghy
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Wire Bose doesn´t work with spotify

I have been using Bose ( wire) with my desktop, something happend to my computer and I reinstalled spotify but now if I try to play something, song names starts like random and is not workingI open other application and speakers are working Computer ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Bose ( wire) with my desktop, something happend to my computer and I reinstalled spotify but now if I try to play something, song names starts like random and is not working I open...
  • spelchekr
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio station based on playlist - updated when list is changed?

Hi: If I create a radio station from a playlist, does the content of that radio station over time if the playlist changes? Or does the radio station take a "snapshot" of the play list at the moment it is created?

• Hi:   If I create a radio station from a playlist, does the content of that radio station over time if the playlist changes?  Or does the radio station take a "snapshot" of the play list ...
  • spelchekr
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No internet connection available - intermittent - Windows 10

I have Spotify on my desktop with Windows 10. It had been working fine until I installed some updates for my motherboard/BIOS. Now most of the time it says "No internet connection available". Internet works great on the computer besides on Spotify. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify on my desktop with Windows 10. It had been working fine until I installed some updates for my motherboard/BIOS.   Now most of the time it says "No internet connection available"...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • intermittent
    No Internet
    Windows 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications from spotify

I'm always finding myself going to artists pages and finding new music. Isn't spotify supposed to send you notifications when artists you follow release new stuff? I'm using desktop spotify with windows 10

• Casual Listener
  • I'm always finding myself going to artists pages and finding new music. Isn't spotify supposed to send you notifications when artists you follow release new stuff? I'm using desktop spotify with wind...
  • IssaTDOTthang
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug report regarding discord song sharing

Hello, if i've understood the instructions properly, I am to post here for bug reports, to the relevant platform. I'm using Windows 10, along with Discord, and whilst "Listening along" with one of my friends, an error was encountered by my friend, th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, if i've understood the instructions properly, I am to post here for bug reports, to the relevant platform.   I'm using Windows 10, along with Discord, and whilst "Listening along" with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable Hotkeys for Desktop Version

Hey, I installed the Desktop Version of Spotify and I would like to know if there is any possibility to turn the Hotkey feature off.

• Hey,   I installed the Desktop Version of Spotify and I would like to know if there  is any possibility to turn the Hotkey feature off.    
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Customising playlists

I am unable to set artworks to my playlists. I also am unable to set descriptions on my playlists. I have noticed that i had the option perviously but now after checking, i am unable to do this now. I have tried on Mac, Windows, and iOS. When clickin...

• I am unable to set artworks to my playlists. I also am unable to set descriptions on my playlists. I have noticed that i had the option perviously but now after checking, i am unable to do this now. ...
  • spelchekr
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to troubleshoot local files

I have tried multiple times to add Local Files to the Spotify app with no success. I cannot do it via the settings and adding the folder, I cannot drag & drop (it shows a red circle slash icon), or any other means. Is there a way to get a log file or...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried multiple times to add Local Files to the Spotify app with no success.  I cannot do it via the settings and adding the folder, I cannot drag & drop (it shows a red circle slash i...
  • TxDrifter
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player not working

I used to be able to use the web player easily, but about a month ago, it would let me click on the music and it would act like it was going to play, but it wouldn't do anything. Now when I log in it won't even let me click the songs. I've tried ever...

• I used to be able to use the web player easily, but about a month ago, it would let me click on the music and it would act like it was going to play, but it wouldn't do anything. Now when I log in it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Bugs causing computer to crash

I did not want to think it was true, but Spotify (as it is now) will cause your Computer to crash.Today it happened twice. I had to do a system restore and and after a process of elimination it is the current free version that is the problem. Many an...

• Casual Listener
  • I did not want to think it was true, but Spotify (as it is now) will cause your Computer to crash. Today it happened twice. I had to do a system restore and and after a process of elimination it is ...
  • natbrooke25
  • 75 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 4 likes

No se reproducen en la computadora

No puedo reproducir las canciones en desktop y se saltan las canciones sin que se escuchen

• Casual Listener
  • No puedo reproducir las canciones en desktop y se saltan las canciones sin que se escuchen
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't install

Hello(i'm french ; not sure to have a good english...) I had Spotify and it work perfectly. Three days ago, I probably uninstall a program. After that, Spotify said "can't find connexion" I read I have to uninstall and reinstall Spotify. I uninstall ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello (i'm french ; not sure to have a good english...)   I had Spotify and it work perfectly.   Three days ago, I probably uninstall a program. After that, Spotify said "can't find co...
  • ericbeau
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop install instead of the Windows Store Version

Does anyone know how to install the Spotify Desktop version instead of the Windows Store Version? I have uninstalled the Windows Store App and deleted all folder from %appdata%, however any subsequent install ALWAYS installs the Windows Store App. I ...

• Does anyone know how to install the Spotify Desktop version instead of the Windows Store Version?  I have uninstalled the Windows Store App and deleted all folder from %appdata%, however an...
  • DerMoriz
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No download and repeat button

I'm currently using spotify on windows 10 and i've already upgraded to premium but why i don't see any download button on every playlist? I also see no repeat button for the song I like in a playlist? Instead, there are the like and dislike buttons.C...

• Visitor
  • I'm currently using spotify on windows 10 and i've already upgraded to premium but why  i don't see any download button on every playlist?  I also see no repeat button for the song I like ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start or uninstall

Hello, all. I'm having an issue with Spotify where whenever I launch the program, it will boot Spotify WebHelper, which is promptly followed by WerFault.exe and then nothing ever comes (no splash screen or program proper).I did uninstall and reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, all. I'm having an issue with Spotify where whenever I launch the program, it will boot Spotify WebHelper, which is promptly followed by WerFault.exe and then nothing ever comes (no splash scr...
  • tomslikker
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is always 3:02 into September when it starts up

I have spotify on my android, home PC and work PC.It doesn't seem to matter what I've ben listening to on my android or home PC or previously on my work PC. When I start up my work PC spotify automatically starts up and it's always 3:02 into Septembe...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify on my android, home PC and work PC. It doesn't seem to matter what I've ben listening to on my android or home PC or previously on my work PC.   When I start up my work PC spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes