Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! New Releases are gone!????

Hi, Today I have updated Spotify to the latest version. And I've noticed with shock that the "new releases" are simply gone! There is now "Discover", but the new releases are no longer found there. How can I get back again the new releases?

• Music Fan
  • Hi,  Today I have updated Spotify to the latest version. And I've noticed with shock that the "new releases" are simply gone!   There is now "Discover", but the new releases...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 18 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 9 likes

HELP!-Artist collection on iphone wont transfer to spotify on my laptop...How come???

I have collected a number of artists in my COLLECTION to listen to on my I phone. Now that I have downloaded it on my desktop none of them are there or on my account! Do I need to individually reselect each artist or search them every time I want to ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have collected a number of artists in my COLLECTION to listen to on my I phone. Now that I have downloaded it on my desktop none of them are there or on my account! Do I need to individually resele...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly crashes when I enable Scrobbling.

I was using Spotify earlier without a hitch. Suddenly, I've been having issues. It started with some random 101 errors. I restarted my computer after reinstalling Spotify, and they went away. I noticed now though that my songs don't Scrobble anymore....

• I was using Spotify earlier without a hitch. Suddenly, I've been having issues. It started with some random 101 errors. I restarted my computer after reinstalling Spotify, and they went away. I notic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 117

I recently received a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded spotify and it was working fine. Then with out changing anything I started receiving a message saying that it can not log in due to error code 117. I have been looking in the forums and ...

• I recently received a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded spotify and it was working fine. Then with out changing anything I started receiving a message saying that it can not log in due to err...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Too many tracks selected for offline mode

I keep getting the above message whenever I open Spotify on my Windows 7 computer. I don't have any tracks whatsoever saved for offline mode on the computer. If I click on a playlist to try and save it the error message just pops up again.

• Music Fan
  • I keep getting the above message whenever I open Spotify on my Windows 7 computer.  I don't have any tracks whatsoever saved for offline mode on the computer.  If I click on a playlist to t...
  • jhs39
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with following

Im not able to find random users i wanted to follow that arent my facebook friends

• Im not able to find random users i wanted to follow that arent my facebook friends
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Win7] Current playing song marker lost

Running Win7 Enterprise SP1 64bit on Spotify v0.9.4.185.g754a404I've noticed that frequently the green loudspeaker icon marking the actively playing track inside an album's list isn't showing. The only way to tell which song from the list is playing ...

• Regular
  • Running Win7 Enterprise SP1 64bit on Spotify v0.9.4.185.g754a404 I've noticed that frequently the green loudspeaker icon marking the actively playing track inside an album's list isn't showing. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

So I guess Spotify just decides when and where to censor songs now?

Why the hell are songs i've added to my play lists months ago, now all of a sudden censored versions of those songs? I'd appreciate it if you didn't take away my ability to make my own decisions regarding censorship. Strike Two, Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Why the hell are songs i've added to my play lists months ago, now all of a sudden censored versions of those songs? I'd appreciate it if you didn't take away my ability to make my own decisions rega...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All my playlists, starred, followers, followed, and apps disappeared

This happened sometime after I changed my Facebook password. I would really appreciate having music to listen to again. Please help. I have already contacted Spotify. It's been weeks. No response.

• Visitor
  • This happened sometime after I changed my Facebook password. I would really appreciate having music to listen to again. Please help. I have already contacted Spotify. It's been weeks. No response.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlists.

Hi. Last week all my playlists dissapeared from all my devices. I've been searching through the help section and the community for a solution but without luck. Is there any way I could get my music back?

• Hi. Last week all my playlists dissapeared from all my devices. I've been searching through the help section and the community for a solution but without luck. Is there any way I could get my mus...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Random Playlist That I Didn't Make?

Hello, Spotify community and / or Spotify.So, a new playlist appeared on my account under the title 'New Playlist'. I supposedly added them all 8 days ago, and some of them are stuff that I have on other playlists but most of them are from artists I'...

• Hello, Spotify community and / or Spotify. So, a new playlist appeared on my account under the title 'New Playlist'. I supposedly added them all 8 days ago, and some of them are stuff that I have ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

mac osx 10.8.3 and spotify

Hi all, I am in my late sixties but to me spotify is the best thing to ever happen. I love my library and also the radio feature which allows me to drive every one mad while I search for new tunes. One of my grandchildren recently bought me a Nokia 5...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I am in my late sixties but to me spotify is the best thing to ever happen. I love my library and also the radio feature which allows me to drive every one mad while I search for n...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting messages

Hi, I've just opened up Spotify on my Windows desktop this morning and there is a 2 red icon on the messages menu on the left hand side. When I click on messages the two messages that appear are from 3 years ago ! Is there any way of deleting these m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've just opened up Spotify on my Windows desktop this morning and there is a 2 red icon on the messages menu on the left hand side. When I click on messages the two messages that appe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist deleted

My playlist is missing and I have no memory of deleting it, I heard some got it back from moderators so that's what I need too I guess... I tried mailing them but I got the copy-paste message "Go to spotify community page at http://community.spotify....

• Casual Listener
  • My playlist is missing and I have no memory of deleting it, I heard some got it back from moderators so that's what I need too I guess... I tried mailing them but I got the copy-paste message "Go to ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account compromised (???) PLEASE HELP

Not sure much background is necessary here, but in case it is: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotiify-crashes-even-after-system-recovery-reinstall/m-p/580954#M65874 Okay, so Spotify is crashing constantly on desktop and i...

• Visitor
  • Not sure much background is necessary here, but in case it is: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotiify-crashes-even-after-system-recovery-reinstall/m-p/580954#M65874 &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Playlist!

How do I undelete a deleted playlist? I thought I was deleting a song and it was a whole playlist with my favorite songs!! Help!

• How do I undelete a deleted playlist? I thought I was deleting a song and it was a whole playlist with my favorite songs!! Help!    
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong songs

Hey guys. I got on spotify today and I began playing a playlist of mine that I made. When the song ended, it immediately went to a different playlist with songs from the 60s, of which I have not heard before. I don't remember changing ANYTHING in my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. I got on spotify today and I began playing a playlist of mine that I made. When the song ended, it immediately went to a different playlist with songs from the 60s, of which I have not hear...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New messages in inbox are not new

Hello! My inbox sometimes displays a number next to it indicating that I've received new messages. When I check my inbox there are no new messages. I've gone through every single message and when I exit the inbox it still says I've got new messages. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!     My inbox sometimes displays a number next to it indicating that I've received new messages.   When I check my inbox there are no new messages.   I've gone...
  • pnäh
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Win7 problems

Hi, I have a little problem with using spotify with Win&. In browser (Chrome) it works OK, but when I've installed it on my Win7, it's not working. It has synchronized all my playlists but when I want to listen to any kind of music, it's just doesn't...

• Hi, I have a little problem with using spotify with Win&. In browser (Chrome) it works OK, but when I've installed it on my Win7, it's not working. It has synchronized all my playlists but when I...
  • robbe_hb
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where the hell are my local files?

Bonjour à tous ! Pourquoi les playlists générales ne s'affichent plus ? Tout marchait très bien , et maintenant , plus de playlists ! Avez vous une idée ?? Merci à tous de votre contribution , Marc

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour à tous !   Pourquoi les playlists générales ne s'affichent plus ?   Tout marchait très bien , et maintenant , plus de playlists !   Avez vous une idée ??   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes