Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more Library?

Solved!

No more Library?

I'm not really sure when to post this. My spotify just auto updated to the new look and I noticed there is no Library anymore. This is a bit of a issue since thats what I mainly use to listen to my music because I have a bunch of songs that are not local or starred.

Am I missing it or is it completely removed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What is going on!! I logged on to Spotify  this morning 4/9/14 and i guess it auto Updated because it looks totally different!! and ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS / SONGS ARE GONE!!!!!!!! Please HELP i had thousands of songs!! 😞 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Click on this link and it wil go back to the original spotify

Download the official full installer from this link.  http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe 

Marked as solution

gemselle wrote:

is there any way to get the same functionnality now? is it only for premium users? is it entirely no longer possible...

The only way you will be able to recover any random tracks that are in the library but not in playlists is to revert to an earlier version.  Download at Filehorse.com or Filehippo.com, uninstall your current version, and turn your internet connection off while re-installing.  Seems like new installs are auto-updating.

Marked as solution

I have submitted an idea to bring the library back. It is nearing the 100 kudos needed to have the devlopment team consider it so please go and give it a kudo.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-the-library/idi-p/738823

Thanks

Ed

58 Replies

Hey there!

Library has been replaced with Your Music, which is a collection based feature. Check it out here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Thanks for the info!

Dose this mean I need to add all of my songs again to this new feature?

You can drag and drop your tracks onto "Songs" from playlists and they will appear under the sections in Your Music. Unfortunately, local files can't be added at the moment unless they are matched to music in the spotify catalogue.

BEING ABLE TO MIX ONLINE AND LOCAL FILES WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SPOTIFY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ONLINE MUSIC SERVICES

WHO'S BIG IDEA WAS IT TO LOSE THE LIBRARY?

The library is my go-to folder. I have 130,000 Spotify songs, which I've built up over the last 3 years, and 30,000 local files, and the best thing about Spotify was that I could just click the Library and get a random mix of all my music. This is the first thing I do in the morning, and I listen all day at work.

Not any more. BEING ABLE TO MIX ONLINE AND LOCAL FILES WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SPOTIFY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ONLINE MUSIC SERVICES. I can't fathom why you would delete the one thing that made you unique.

This needs to be addressed.

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted but this needs to be posted to the ideas topic so we can all add our support.

I just got the new update and have the same problem.

I need my Library in one place so I can shuffle between local files and streamable music instantly.

If there's no fix I'll probably end my suscribtion and only use my MP3 library instead.

This really is a stupid and needless change.

You can still use playlists to do that and putting all your playlists in one playlist folder gives the same functionality as the old library did, if I remember correctly.

@jwylot wrote:

You can still use playlists to do that and putting all your playlists in one playlist folder gives the same functionality as the old library did, if I remember correctly.

Yep, works fine.  One master Library folder, drag all your playlists into it.

But what about all the other songs I have on Spotify that I didn't put on a playlist? I have only like 9 playlits and about 20,000 songs in my library. Now that I can't access my library all of the songs I didn't put on playlists are just lost??

I'm pretty sure the devs just didn't consider the possibility that some users saved in this way.  Which is kinda crazy since the feature that added the ability to drag directly to Library wasn't around in the old pre-0.8.8 versions.  It was added at some point.

That said, go to the Contact Form, explain your dilemma, and they'll get it back for you.  When you receive the "No-Reply" confirmation email, reply to it.

thank you for the info (dragging playlists into one "master library" playlist.  is there a way to drag ALL playlists into it at the same time?  I have hundreds of playlists, and it will take me forever dragging all into it.  thanks!

Marked as solution

What is going on!! I logged on to Spotify  this morning 4/9/14 and i guess it auto Updated because it looks totally different!! and ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS / SONGS ARE GONE!!!!!!!! Please HELP i had thousands of songs!! 😞 

@diabolicald wrote:

thank you for the info (dragging playlists into one "master library" playlist.  is there a way to drag ALL playlists into it at the same time?  I have hundreds of playlists, and it will take me forever dragging all into it.  thanks!

Unfortunately, no.  I also have hundreds, but already had them in Genre folders, so it was quick and painless.  You may want to consider doing a complete reorganization, this would be a perfect opportunity to do so, but I'm just OCD like that.

Here is the quickest way to fix that worked for me. 
I created a FOLDER callled master, and then moved all playlists into that. I then created a PLAYLIST called Master and dragged that folder into it. Which allowed me to copy all songs at once. Of course now I will have to update this periodically. Incredibly annoying.

Spotify needs to find a way to return functionality that lets you shuffle your entire library,

@emily8800 wrote:

They're all still there, you just can't access them at the moment.

Do this.

• Download the official full installer from this link.  http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe  Install it with your internet connection OFF, in case it updates on install.  As of this moment, the link still points to 0.9.7.  That will change eventually.
  • Effective today, the full installer link points to the updated version.  Go to Filehorse or Filehippo, download an older version, install it with your internet connection off.
  • Turn your internet back on, then login.
  • Wait for all playlists to load into the left sidebar, shouldn't take long, depends on the size of your Library
  • Go to Library and drag it into a new playlist.  This of course will include not only songs you've save directly to Library, but any playlists too.  And it won't likely be very organized.  You may want to sort it by artist or something like that.
  • Eventually, do a restart, it will probably update to the new version.
Marked as solution

Click on this link and it wil go back to the original spotify

Download the official full installer from this link.  http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe 

Even doing this is no good for me, as now I have hundreds of duplicate tracks in the playlist for all music. I had just over 2K tracks in my library, but now I have 2917, with at least 200 duplicates. Some songs are now listed 2 or 3 times. The removal of the library feature has really **bleep**ed my music up. If it isn't brought back, I will definitely end up going from premium to a free user, only using spotify once or twice a month.

Hey MORON.....The library hasn't been replaced, it's been DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU! I AM 100% STRAIGHT, THAT BEING SAID, I LOVE YOU!!!!! After this experience I will keep this older version forever and never trust Spotify when they want me to update again.

Suggested posts