No more Library?

Solved!

No more Library?

Erethos
Casual Listener

I'm not really sure when to post this. My spotify just auto updated to the new look and I noticed there is no Library anymore. This is a bit of a issue since thats what I mainly use to listen to my music because I have a bunch of songs that are not local or starred.

Am I missing it or is it completely removed?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: No more Library?

emily8800

What is going on!! I logged on to Spotify  this morning 4/9/14 and i guess it auto Updated because it looks totally different!! and ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS / SONGS ARE GONE!!!!!!!! Please HELP i had thousands of songs!! :( 

Solution!

Astriela
Casual Listener

Click on this link and it wil go back to the original spotify

Download the official full installer from this link.  http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe 

Solution!

Rollo_
Roadie
gemselle wrote:

is there any way to get the same functionnality now? is it only for premium users? is it entirely no longer possible...

The only way you will be able to recover any random tracks that are in the library but not in playlists is to revert to an earlier version.  Download at Filehorse.com or Filehippo.com, uninstall your current version, and turn your internet connection off while re-installing.  Seems like new installs are auto-updating.

Solution!

EdLetts
Casual Listener

I have submitted an idea to bring the library back. It is nearing the 100 kudos needed to have the devlopment team consider it so please go and give it a kudo.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-the-library/idi-p/738823

Thanks

Ed

58 Replies
Highlighted

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there!

Library has been replaced with Your Music, which is a collection based feature. Check it out here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Erethos
Casual Listener

Thanks for the info!

Dose this mean I need to add all of my songs again to this new feature?

Joe
Community Legend

You can drag and drop your tracks onto "Songs" from playlists and they will appear under the sections in Your Music. Unfortunately, local files can't be added at the moment unless they are matched to music in the spotify catalogue.

clapton5000
Gig Goer

BEING ABLE TO MIX ONLINE AND LOCAL FILES WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SPOTIFY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ONLINE MUSIC SERVICES

WHO'S BIG IDEA WAS IT TO LOSE THE LIBRARY?

The library is my go-to folder. I have 130,000 Spotify songs, which I've built up over the last 3 years, and 30,000 local files, and the best thing about Spotify was that I could just click the Library and get a random mix of all my music. This is the first thing I do in the morning, and I listen all day at work.

Not any more. BEING ABLE TO MIX ONLINE AND LOCAL FILES WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SPOTIFY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ONLINE MUSIC SERVICES. I can't fathom why you would delete the one thing that made you unique.

This needs to be addressed.

Joe
Community Legend

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted but this needs to be posted to the ideas topic so we can all add our support.

assblunt
Casual Listener

I just got the new update and have the same problem.

I need my Library in one place so I can shuffle between local files and streamable music instantly.

If there's no fix I'll probably end my suscribtion and only use my MP3 library instead.

This really is a stupid and needless change.

Joe
Community Legend

You can still use playlists to do that and putting all your playlists in one playlist folder gives the same functionality as the old library did, if I remember correctly.

Rollo_
Roadie

@jwylot wrote:

You can still use playlists to do that and putting all your playlists in one playlist folder gives the same functionality as the old library did, if I remember correctly.

Yep, works fine.  One master Library folder, drag all your playlists into it.

cec
Regular

But what about all the other songs I have on Spotify that I didn't put on a playlist? I have only like 9 playlits and about 20,000 songs in my library. Now that I can't access my library all of the songs I didn't put on playlists are just lost??

SUGGESTED POSTS