Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more Library?

Solved!

No more Library?

I'm not really sure when to post this. My spotify just auto updated to the new look and I noticed there is no Library anymore. This is a bit of a issue since thats what I mainly use to listen to my music because I have a bunch of songs that are not local or starred.

Am I missing it or is it completely removed?

58 Replies
Marked as solution

gemselle wrote:

is there any way to get the same functionnality now? is it only for premium users? is it entirely no longer possible...

The only way you will be able to recover any random tracks that are in the library but not in playlists is to revert to an earlier version.  Download at Filehorse.com or Filehippo.com, uninstall your current version, and turn your internet connection off while re-installing.  Seems like new installs are auto-updating.

Marked as solution

I have submitted an idea to bring the library back. It is nearing the 100 kudos needed to have the devlopment team consider it so please go and give it a kudo.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-the-library/idi-p/738823

Thanks

Ed

So after writing the company, I learned they do not plan to change the library issue. And while they acknowledge removing the library, they do not apologize or even acknowledge that they failed to give customers any notice or choice to not upgrade to what I feel like a major change. I still feel like they cannot even justify the change - was it to help them give out fewer royalties to artists? For myself, I used the search option in the library to constantly update my catalog with new music and to make sure I wasn't adding duplicates of songs, not to mention the tons of songs that were only in the library, nowhere else because they weren't good enough to star or put in a playlist but still worth having. The sad thing about the whole situation is that with even just a one-minute notice, we could have just added our libraries to a playlist and all those songs would have been saved. Now they have disappeared into oblivion. Here's the response I received:

"I'm sorry about the trouble the new update has caused you. Unfortunately, as you already know, the Library feature has been removed completely, and won't be returning in the foreseeable future. 

And, as sorry as we are about this, if you had songs in your Library that weren't either starred or stored in a playlists, we won't be able to recover them. We aren't able to restore you back to a previous version either. 

However, if the majority of songs you're looking for are in either you Starred list or various playlists, you can simply drag & drop each playlist into the 'Songs' section of 'Your Music'. That will then create a Library style feature, where all your songs will be in one place. 

Again, if the songs you're missing aren't in either you starred list or a playlists of yours, we won't be able to recover this. I'm sorry if this has caused you any kind of inconvenience. 

As our way of apologising, why don't we go ahead and add a month of Premium to your account, free of charge? Hopefully that'll make up for the inconvenience caused, and also show some gratitude for being such a loyal user! 

Let me know 🙂

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Jon
Customer Service Advisor
Cambridge, UK"

If nothing, if you express your anger about the change, they will probably offer you a month free of service. Hope this answers some things.

Rdio.com here I come...

BRING BACK THE LIBRARY BUTTON AS AN OPTION OR YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER.

GOSH, JUST ADD THE NEW THINGS BUT KEEP THE LIBRARY BUTTON ALSO. I WANT TO SHUFFLE ALL MY SONGS IN MY LIBRARY. I HAVE 500 PLAYLISTS SO DONT TELL ME I NEED TO MOVE ALL OF THEM MANUALLY TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO ALL MY SONGS IN SHUFFLE MODE.

DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER ABOUT TO LEAVE

I beg to differ. It's "orphaned--homeless". There is no way to restore those lost tracks without entirely rebuilding from scratch. Even then you have no way to search through tracks, artists or albums without  going back to "ground zero" every time you want to listen. This is a major setback!!!

kingkwong wrote:

Here's the response I received:
We aren't able to restore you back to a previous version either.

If you install any previous version over the existing version, even temporarily, you'll at least be able to access your library and save to a playlist to get everything sorted.  You can even revert permanently if you'd like.  I have written a guide, see my sig below.

Download old versions from either Filehorse.com or Filehippo.com.  Go there and search for Spotify.

After this latest and update i have to say one thing:

Removing the libray option is the most idiotic and retarded idea possible.

I have many playlists and now you really think all users should MANUALLY add all their tracks to this list?!!!

WTF?! whos coming up with this cr*p and whos responsible!?

I dont pay 10€ per month to get screwed after years of good spotify experience!!

I SERIOUSLY CONSIDER CANCELLING MY PAID MEMBERSHIP

SPOTIFY MANAGEMENT WAKE UP AND ACT!!! FIX IT!!!

ridiculous change and this doesnt work!

unbelievable... 

what morons came up with this idea?!!!

i will cancel my paind membership..

this is RETARDED people!

you are SOOOO RIGHT

doesnt work.. only the tracks for it will appear in that Master list from that moment.

Any tracks added later to these playlists will not appear into this master list.

above all this seems a work-around instead of a solution

SPOTIFY DO SOMETHING

THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!!! 

BOOOOOO!!!!!!

I never said it wasn't a workaround.  The Library was never really intended to be anything other that an overview of all saved playlists.  To be honest, I've never thought of trying to save tracks there directly until someone mentioned it here on the forum.

I agree with every word, exactly !!!!!!  I agree 100%.

Is Spotify demonstrating an enthusiastic, lively (reckless?) talent for deleting and removing some of their most useful features?

Has My Music been updated to be at least as functional as Library was?

Is their goal to provide functionality or to generate lively forum discussions?

Removing features is pretty great way to generate lively forum discussions.

! have not read all the posts here, but is there an answer to how you can search for e.g  all songs by the rolling stones without having to go through all your playlists?? And if you make a new playlist (as some are suggesting) and put ALL your playlist and music into it, as to make a fake library, you would have to do that with every freaking song/artist/album your are adding, right?? 

who ever came up with this crappy idea? And "Your Music"?? Oh please...

@sweetpea111 wrote:

! have not read all the posts here, but is there an answer to how you can search for e.g  all songs by the rolling stones without having to go through all your playlists?? And if you make a new playlist (as some are suggesting) and put ALL your playlist and music into it, as to make a fake library, you would have to do that with every freaking song/artist/album your are adding, right?? 

who ever came up with this crappy idea? And "Your Music"?? Oh please...

You do not have to make a new playlist, you make a new playlist folder, and drop all of your existing playlists into it.

"You do not have to make a new playlist, you make a new playlist folder, and drop all of your existing playlists into it."

I'm very happy for you that you have the time to do this. Back in 2008 it was done automatically.

@cookie wrote:

"You do not have to make a new playlist, you make a new playlist folder, and drop all of your existing playlists into it."

I'm very happy for you that you have the time to do this. Back in 2008 it was done automatically.

I'm not saying I like it.  Fortunately for me, I already had everything in genre folders, and it was simple for me.

Do you know if there's a way to have a playlist with more than 10000 songs at a time?

Also is there a what way to make automatic playlists with my local songs?

For example if i change local songs folder, can is there a way to automaticaly update a playlist with that song?

Also If i add a new local song, is there any way that song can automaticaly go to a playlist?

Suggested posts