No more Library?

Solved!

Re: No more Library?

Rollo_
Roadie

I'm pretty sure the devs just didn't consider the possibility that some users saved in this way.  Which is kinda crazy since the feature that added the ability to drag directly to Library wasn't around in the old pre-0.8.8 versions.  It was added at some point.

That said, go to the Contact Form, explain your dilemma, and they'll get it back for you.  When you receive the "No-Reply" confirmation email, reply to it.

diabolicald

thank you for the info (dragging playlists into one "master library" playlist.  is there a way to drag ALL playlists into it at the same time?  I have hundreds of playlists, and it will take me forever dragging all into it.  thanks!

Solution!

emily8800

What is going on!! I logged on to Spotify  this morning 4/9/14 and i guess it auto Updated because it looks totally different!! and ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS / SONGS ARE GONE!!!!!!!! Please HELP i had thousands of songs!! :( 

Rollo_
Roadie

@diabolicald wrote:

thank you for the info (dragging playlists into one "master library" playlist.  is there a way to drag ALL playlists into it at the same time?  I have hundreds of playlists, and it will take me forever dragging all into it.  thanks!

Unfortunately, no.  I also have hundreds, but already had them in Genre folders, so it was quick and painless.  You may want to consider doing a complete reorganization, this would be a perfect opportunity to do so, but I'm just OCD like that.

mailericla

Here is the quickest way to fix that worked for me. 
I created a FOLDER callled master, and then moved all playlists into that. I then created a PLAYLIST called Master and dragged that folder into it. Which allowed me to copy all songs at once. Of course now I will have to update this periodically. Incredibly annoying.

Spotify needs to find a way to return functionality that lets you shuffle your entire library,

Rollo_
Roadie

@emily8800 wrote:

What is going on!! I logged on to Spotify  this morning 4/9/14 and i guess it auto Updated because it looks totally different!! and ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS / SONGS ARE GONE!!!!!!!! Please HELP i had thousands of songs!! :( 

They're all still there, you just can't access them at the moment.

Do this.

• Download the official full installer from this link.  http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe  Install it with your internet connection OFF, in case it updates on install.  As of this moment, the link still points to 0.9.7.  That will change eventually.
  • Effective today, the full installer link points to the updated version.  Go to Filehorse or Filehippo, download an older version, install it with your internet connection off.
  • Turn your internet back on, then login.
  • Wait for all playlists to load into the left sidebar, shouldn't take long, depends on the size of your Library
  • Go to Library and drag it into a new playlist.  This of course will include not only songs you've save directly to Library, but any playlists too.  And it won't likely be very organized.  You may want to sort it by artist or something like that.
  • Eventually, do a restart, it will probably update to the new version.
Solution!

Astriela
Casual Listener

Click on this link and it wil go back to the original spotify

Download the official full installer from this link.  http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe 

Highlighted

Chemical_3
Regular

Even doing this is no good for me, as now I have hundreds of duplicate tracks in the playlist for all music. I had just over 2K tracks in my library, but now I have 2917, with at least 200 duplicates. Some songs are now listed 2 or 3 times. The removal of the library feature has really **bleep**ed my music up. If it isn't brought back, I will definitely end up going from premium to a free user, only using spotify once or twice a month.

shannon17
Casual Listener

Hey MORON.....The library hasn't been replaced, it's been DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shannon17
Casual Listener

GOD BLESS YOU! I AM 100% STRAIGHT, THAT BEING SAID, I LOVE YOU!!!!! After this experience I will keep this older version forever and never trust Spotify when they want me to update again.

SUGGESTED POSTS