No more Library?

Solved!

No more Library?

Erethos
Casual Listener

I'm not really sure when to post this. My spotify just auto updated to the new look and I noticed there is no Library anymore. This is a bit of a issue since thats what I mainly use to listen to my music because I have a bunch of songs that are not local or starred.

Am I missing it or is it completely removed?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

emily8800

What is going on!! I logged on to Spotify  this morning 4/9/14 and i guess it auto Updated because it looks totally different!! and ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS / SONGS ARE GONE!!!!!!!! Please HELP i had thousands of songs!! 😞 

View solution in original post

Solution!

Astriela
Casual Listener

Click on this link and it wil go back to the original spotify

Download the official full installer from this link.  http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe 

Solution!

Rollo_
Roadie
gemselle wrote:

is there any way to get the same functionnality now? is it only for premium users? is it entirely no longer possible...

The only way you will be able to recover any random tracks that are in the library but not in playlists is to revert to an earlier version.  Download at Filehorse.com or Filehippo.com, uninstall your current version, and turn your internet connection off while re-installing.  Seems like new installs are auto-updating.

Solution!

EdLetts
Casual Listener

I have submitted an idea to bring the library back. It is nearing the 100 kudos needed to have the devlopment team consider it so please go and give it a kudo.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-the-library/idi-p/738823

Thanks

Ed

58 Replies
Solution!

Rollo_
Roadie
gemselle wrote:

is there any way to get the same functionnality now? is it only for premium users? is it entirely no longer possible...

The only way you will be able to recover any random tracks that are in the library but not in playlists is to revert to an earlier version.  Download at Filehorse.com or Filehippo.com, uninstall your current version, and turn your internet connection off while re-installing.  Seems like new installs are auto-updating.

andresasu

I also have used the Library daily so I can listen to all my local files and songs in playlists in a big mix.

'Your Music' cannot replace that, please reintroduce the Library! 

bettmo
Music Fan

@Merik wrote:

Hey there!

Library has been replaced with Your Music, which is a collection based feature. Check it out here.

So why didn't it collect all of my music that I have now?  Why do I have to go in an munally add them?

shannon17
Casual Listener

Hey MORON.....The library hasn't been replaced, it's been DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rollo_
Roadie

@shannon17 wrote:

Hey MORON.....The library hasn't been replaced, it's been DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down.  Its there but inaccessable at the moment.  Everything is still there, you haven't lost anything.

qbaliqh

I beg to differ. It's "orphaned--homeless". There is no way to restore those lost tracks without entirely rebuilding from scratch. Even then you have no way to search through tracks, artists or albums without  going back to "ground zero" every time you want to listen. This is a major setback!!!

Erethos
Casual Listener

Thanks for the info!

Dose this mean I need to add all of my songs again to this new feature?

Bartssom
Regular

unbelievable... 

what morons came up with this idea?!!!

i will cancel my paind membership..

this is RETARDED people!

Joe
Community Legend

You can drag and drop your tracks onto "Songs" from playlists and they will appear under the sections in Your Music. Unfortunately, local files can't be added at the moment unless they are matched to music in the spotify catalogue.

bettmo
Music Fan

This is horrible!!!  WTF?  Where's my library!!!?

clapton5000
Gig Goer

BEING ABLE TO MIX ONLINE AND LOCAL FILES WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SPOTIFY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ONLINE MUSIC SERVICES

WHO'S BIG IDEA WAS IT TO LOSE THE LIBRARY?

The library is my go-to folder. I have 130,000 Spotify songs, which I've built up over the last 3 years, and 30,000 local files, and the best thing about Spotify was that I could just click the Library and get a random mix of all my music. This is the first thing I do in the morning, and I listen all day at work.

Not any more. BEING ABLE TO MIX ONLINE AND LOCAL FILES WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SPOTIFY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ONLINE MUSIC SERVICES. I can't fathom why you would delete the one thing that made you unique.

This needs to be addressed.

WadeCottingham
Music Fan

I agree with every word, exactly !!!!!!  I agree 100%.

Is Spotify demonstrating an enthusiastic, lively (reckless?) talent for deleting and removing some of their most useful features?

Has My Music been updated to be at least as functional as Library was?

Is their goal to provide functionality or to generate lively forum discussions?

Removing features is pretty great way to generate lively forum discussions.

sweetpea111

! have not read all the posts here, but is there an answer to how you can search for e.g  all songs by the rolling stones without having to go through all your playlists?? And if you make a new playlist (as some are suggesting) and put ALL your playlist and music into it, as to make a fake library, you would have to do that with every freaking song/artist/album your are adding, right?? 

who ever came up with this crappy idea? And "Your Music"?? Oh please...

Rollo_
Roadie

@sweetpea111 wrote:

! have not read all the posts here, but is there an answer to how you can search for e.g  all songs by the rolling stones without having to go through all your playlists?? And if you make a new playlist (as some are suggesting) and put ALL your playlist and music into it, as to make a fake library, you would have to do that with every freaking song/artist/album your are adding, right?? 

who ever came up with this crappy idea? And "Your Music"?? Oh please...

You do not have to make a new playlist, you make a new playlist folder, and drop all of your existing playlists into it.

cookie
Roadie

"You do not have to make a new playlist, you make a new playlist folder, and drop all of your existing playlists into it."

I'm very happy for you that you have the time to do this. Back in 2008 it was done automatically.

user-removed
Not applicable

Do you know if there's a way to have a playlist with more than 10000 songs at a time?

Also is there a what way to make automatic playlists with my local songs?

For example if i change local songs folder, can is there a way to automaticaly update a playlist with that song?

Also If i add a new local song, is there any way that song can automaticaly go to a playlist?

Rollo_
Roadie

@cookie wrote:

"You do not have to make a new playlist, you make a new playlist folder, and drop all of your existing playlists into it."

I'm very happy for you that you have the time to do this. Back in 2008 it was done automatically.

I'm not saying I like it.  Fortunately for me, I already had everything in genre folders, and it was simple for me.

assblunt
Casual Listener

I just got the new update and have the same problem.

I need my Library in one place so I can shuffle between local files and streamable music instantly.

If there's no fix I'll probably end my suscribtion and only use my MP3 library instead.

This really is a stupid and needless change.

Bartssom
Regular

you are SOOOO RIGHT

Joe
Community Legend

You can still use playlists to do that and putting all your playlists in one playlist folder gives the same functionality as the old library did, if I remember correctly.

bettmo
Music Fan

@jwylot wrote:

You can still use playlists to do that and putting all your playlists in one playlist folder gives the same functionality as the old library did, if I remember correctly.

But they aren't smart folders, so you have to remember every time to update the master playlist. 

SUGGESTED POSTS