No more Library?

Solved!

Re: No more Library?

Martin123546484
Casual Listener

I am very sad that my entire history of added songs has been removed with the removal of 'Library'. 

I usually add several tracks to different playlist every day. Often I would just use the 'Library' feature to play all my recent tracks across playlists in order to listen to all that new music. 

Now, in order to continue doing this I have 2 alternatives, as far as I know:

1. Revert to the old spotify and never again update (this doesn't sit right with me)
  2. Make a master-playlist, which I have to remember to add songs to as well as adding them to their respective playlists. (I get tired just by the thought of it)

Why not just keep the 'Library'-feature as an option? Why remove functionality? This is devolution. I don't get it.

Why oh why.... :(

IzzuThug

I agree why did they remove a feature? Plus, like everyone else I liked to stream local and web only files together all in one. Since technically that would be all of my music that I listen to.

bettmo
Music Fan

This is horrible!!!  WTF?  Where's my library!!!?

bettmo
Music Fan

I don't want to listen to playlists, I want to listen to my LIBRARY of all songs!!!!

Avocado

Yeah, the removal of the library is an instant subscription cancellation.  Even the "inconveniently add all your playlists to master folder then add all songs to Songs" doesn't allow you to shuffle your local files because you can't add them to songs unless they're "verified."

Fantastic job with this one, Spotify.

bettmo
Music Fan

I just canceled my subscription because of this.  And I really liked Spotify.

bettmo
Music Fan

@jwylot wrote:

You can still use playlists to do that and putting all your playlists in one playlist folder gives the same functionality as the old library did, if I remember correctly.

But they aren't smart folders, so you have to remember every time to update the master playlist. 

Highlighted

bettmo
Music Fan

@Merik wrote:

Hey there!

Library has been replaced with Your Music, which is a collection based feature. Check it out here.

So why didn't it collect all of my music that I have now?  Why do I have to go in an munally add them?

andresasu

I also have used the Library daily so I can listen to all my local files and songs in playlists in a big mix.

'Your Music' cannot replace that, please reintroduce the Library! 

Rollo_
Roadie

@shannon17 wrote:

Hey MORON.....The library hasn't been replaced, it's been DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down.  Its there but inaccessable at the moment.  Everything is still there, you haven't lost anything.

SUGGESTED POSTS