Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Audio Stutter

I use the desktop app on windows 10 and recently the audio would stutter every couple seconds while playing songs, this has been happening for at least a week now. The issue isn't as bad but still is there in the webplayer.

• Casual Listener
  • I use the desktop app on windows 10 and recently the audio would stutter every couple seconds while playing songs, this has been happening for at least a week now. The issue isn't as bad but still is...
  • _lwkggnxu-ow
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Organising Playlists??

I've had Spotify Premium for a few years now, and used Albums as Playlists so that they appear like an Album list at the side for easy access. I now have hundreds of albums, sometimes dupilcate or triplicate! and wanted to know the best way of organi...

• Regular
  • I've had Spotify Premium for a few years now, and used Albums as Playlists so that they appear like an Album list at the side for easy access.   I now have hundreds of albums, sometimes dupilc...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback

After each album I have to close Spotify down and reopen to play the next album. Been like this all day (21/05/18).

• After each album I have to close Spotify down and reopen to play the next album. Been like this all day (21/05/18).
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot delete Local appdata folder on Windows 10

Hey, Spotify is not launching for me in Windows 10. I've uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. After reading some other posts on here, I'm attempting to delete the Local appdata folder, but there is one folder within the subfolders of this Spotify fol...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Spotify is not launching for me in Windows 10. I've uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. After reading some other posts on here, I'm attempting to delete the Local appdata folder, but there is o...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change playlist cover

Hey!When I try to change a playlist cover I go to "edit image" -> "replace image" and choose the file, after that I save it but when I close the desktop app and reopen it the playlist cover isn't saved...I use windows 10 app with the latest updates

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! When I try to change a playlist cover I go to "edit image" -> "replace image" and choose the file, after that I save it but when I close the desktop app and reopen it the playlist cover isn'...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Export a list of all the songs i've "liked"

I've liked over 2000 songs on spotify and would like a way to export a list of those songs. They are not in a playlist, just a bunch of songs i've checkmarked over 2 years that i would like a list of.

• Casual Listener
  • I've liked over 2000 songs on spotify and would like a way to export a list of those songs. They are not in a playlist, just a bunch of songs i've checkmarked over 2 years that i would like a list of...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution New songs on a playlist don't show up on the "Shuffle" queue

I put this under the PC Client related stuff because it doesn't appear to be an issue on my Android cellphone. I added about 60 songs to a playlist and when I shuffle play the playlist on the computer those songs are never played. That's pretty annoy...

• Casual Listener
  • I put this under the PC Client related stuff because it doesn't appear to be an issue on my Android cellphone. I added about 60 songs to a playlist and when I shuffle play the playlist on the compute...
  • Pequeno_Macaco
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple Spotify entries in Start Up

My laptop started to slow down a bit so i went into MSConfig to find out what was firing on start up. I noticed under Spotify there are 5 entries, 4 of which are identical ie "Spotify Ltd". Does anyone know if this is normal and why?

• Roadie
  • My laptop started to slow down a bit so i went into MSConfig to find out what was firing on start up. I noticed under Spotify there are 5 entries, 4 of which are identical ie "Spotify Ltd". Does anyo...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution View followers

How do I see who follows my Spotify playlist? In the later versions, I just clicked the "X followers" text and everyone showed up on a list. Isn't that possible anymore?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I see who follows my Spotify playlist? In the later versions, I just clicked the "X followers" text and everyone showed up on a list. Isn't that possible anymore?
  • frantastikid
  • Regular
  • 44 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 34 likes

Warum werden meine mp3 Dateinen NICHT in den Lokalen Dateien angezeigt?

Warum werden mir meine Lieder, die ich auf dem PC gespeichert habe (alles mp3-Dateien), nicht angezeigt obwohl ich alle Standorte hinzugefügt und aktiviert habe?

• Casual Listener
  • Warum werden mir meine Lieder, die ich auf dem PC gespeichert habe (alles mp3-Dateien), nicht angezeigt obwohl ich alle Standorte hinzugefügt und aktiviert habe?
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Worse Quality than Deezer! >:-(

Hey guys! I am really disapointed! I just compared my Spotify-Premium with Deezer and came to the conlusion, that the same track sounds ways better on Deezer. Could you please tell me why I'm paying the same price for worse quality? Best regards Cami...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys!   I am really disapointed! I just compared my Spotify-Premium with Deezer and came to the conlusion, that the same track sounds ways better on Deezer. Could you please tell me why ...
  • kimpy
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Songs pause erratically - Premium user

Well, everything is pretty much in the title. Since yesterday, spotify pauses while playing. Sometimes it pauses 5 times in a row in 2 minutes, sometimes not a single time during 2 hours. Sometimes I have to manually resume play by pausing and resumi...

• Regular
  • Well, everything is pretty much in the title.   Since yesterday, spotify pauses while playing. Sometimes it pauses 5 times in a row in 2 minutes, sometimes not a single time during 2 hours. So...
  • c5driver50
  • 94 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 94 replies
  • 8 likes

"Normalize Volume" Setting - A Placebo?

has this feature ever worked? not as long as i've been a premium subscriber as far as i can tell, and i've been a premium subscriber for a long time.... not only does it not work, it doesn't even come close to working, the volume levels in playlist t...

• Music Fan
  • has this feature ever worked? not as long as i've been a premium subscriber as far as i can tell, and i've been a premium subscriber for a long time.... not only does it not work, it doesn't even com...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! scrolling/user interface frustration

While using the mouse to avigate between the left file select bar, the main screen of the app, and the right screen social feed. When hovering over each respective collumn it feels natural to expect that if you start scrolling over each respective on...

• Casual Listener
  • While using the mouse to avigate between the left file select bar, the main screen of the app, and the right screen social feed. When hovering over each respective collumn it feels natural to expect ...
  • PudgeEgg
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • file select
    mouse
    navigation
    Scrolling
    User Experience Improvement
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Bug: Focus to current song fails when some sorting is set

When a playlist is playing, you can click the album image to set the focus to the current song playing.However, when the sorting in one of the columns is other than the default, the wrong song will get focus. Spotify 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e (Windows Sto...

• Casual Listener
  • When a playlist is playing, you can click the album image to set the focus to the current song playing. However, when the sorting in one of the columns is other than the default, the wrong song will...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to permanently uninstall Spotify on Windows 10

I want to uninstall Spotify once and for all. I already tried on the Control Panel > Programs and Features but it just won't work. I've searched for other solutions in forums but none would work. Can someone help me? I'm totally not satisfied with th...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to uninstall Spotify once and for all. I already tried on the Control Panel > Programs and Features but it just won't work. I've searched for other solutions in forums but none would work. ...
  • artnoir666
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

every last 3 second. the song get paused automatically.

hey, i'm using spotify windows 10. every last 3 second, the song get paused automatically. i must play it. please help me to fix it. thanks.

• hey, i'm using spotify windows 10. every last 3 second, the song get paused automatically. i must play it. please help me to fix it. thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to empty Local Files

Ok so in my Local Files I have A LOT of songs. Because of those songs being in Local Files, I am unable to listen to them. I switched off the the various sources for Local Files as Spotify Support advised and the songs didn't disappear. I even delete...

• Gig Goer
  • Ok so in my Local Files I have A LOT of songs. Because of those songs being in Local Files, I am unable to listen to them. I switched off the the various sources for Local Files as Spotify Support ad...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is the visualizer gone??

So I saw several people posting that if you type spotify:app:visualizer that an audio visualizer would show up but its not working is there a new way to access it now?

• Visitor
  • So I saw several people posting that if you type spotify:app:visualizer that an audio visualizer would show up but its not working is there a new way to access it now?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Sponsored messages doesnt load

The sponsored messages doesnt load sometimes, i have to restart the software then. What can I do?

• The sponsored messages doesnt load sometimes, i have to restart the software then. What can I do?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes