Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong song playing

Wrong song playing

Removed songs from my own playlist. Playing that playlist on shuffle, it always plays the same sequence of songs and it plays songs in the playlist that I have deleted from the playlist.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Dell laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

1 Reply

Hi, thanks for posting. This sounds a lot like the behavior you'd experience if any songs have been manually added to the queue as those would still normally play (in whatever order they were added) until the queue is completed before returning to your edited playlist. Please check out this help topic regarding working with the play queue on the desktop version of Spotify. Once you've gotten to your queue, you'll be able to see right away if any songs have been manually added because there will be a section labeled "Next in Queue" under "Now Playing." Otherwise, you'll only see "Now Playing" and "Next Up."

If you do see the "Next in Queue" section, you should also see a "clear" button, which you can click on to remove all these tracks from your queue and return to normal playback.

I've attached a screenshot of the section you should be looking for.

Spotify Play Queue.PNG

If none of this works, I would recommend a clean reinstall, following the directions here, which should definitely resolve any lingering issues of this nature that you may be experiencing.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts