Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black Screen + spotify.exe missing

Solved!

Black Screen + spotify.exe missing

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've already reinstalled a thousand times (clean manual unistall/register removal), i've tried like a million solutions, but it keeps happen. My screen gets black, while the app is running (if i dont close, the music keeps playing). Printscreens attached.

spotify.png
spotify2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FillipeOliver,

Try to install the Spotify app from the Windows Store.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

if u look at the pictures, the icon disapeared from tanksbar like in 10s after i took the first picture.

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. You can also check this guide if you want to perform a more thorough uninstallation of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Doesnt work, and doesnt unistall....i have to manually unistall and remove the registers, i dont know what version it its (I have downloaded the spotifyfullsetup.exe  from the spotify.com), its not possible to see, my music keeps playing because i did not close the spotify this last time, but my screen is black, and i dont have the spotify.exe in my system anymore (%APPDATA%/roaming/spotify)...it has the file spotify.exe but it has 0kb and no icon as well.

Windows 10 home single language 64 bits (10.0, compilation 17134).

i have another computer with exactly the same configuration, hardware and software, and it works fine there.

That one solution fits all answer, reinstall it? Pointless! If you get no joy leave it off your machine and do a system restore, a couple of saved points BEFORE the issues! Hopefully a working version will still be retained, if not, do a registry clean then install Spotify again, good luck!

Marked as solution

Hey @FillipeOliver,

I think u did'nt get the point...every time that i have to listen music throught spotify, I have to manually unistall it (deleting the folders and registers manually, because it turns unnavailable do auto unistalling) and then install it again. it has always been this way...i had already reset my system to see if it works, and nothing.

@I will try that @LorenXK

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @FillipeOliver,

Try to install the version from the Windows Store version of Spotify.

Okay then, it wasnt clear from your post what you meant, hope you find a solution!

I think it worked...it have been running since when u told me that.

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @FillipeOliver,

Suggested posts