Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashing, output devices problem..

So I badly need to be able to switch between output devices since I have speakers and headphones, and I don't wan't all my sound to go trough my speakers, only spotify. BUT. The problem was (or is) that Spotify does not have that feature implemented ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I badly need to be able to switch between output devices since I have speakers and headphones, and I don't wan't all my sound to go trough my speakers, only spotify. BUT. The problem was (or is) t...
  • Br3akabl3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not reading my songs

I have songs that i bought on itunes and put on my computer and I have them in my local files area but some of the songs sink with the artist and some don't like i can click on the artist name and it will bring me to the artist spotify page and the a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have songs that i bought on itunes and put on my computer and I have them in my local files area but some of the songs sink with the artist and some don't like i can click on the artist name a...
  • Chris
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Share My Activity Button on Spotify Social is always disabled

Hi, guys. I am experiencing a problem which is quite irritating. I can see what my friends are listening to but they cannot see what i am listening to. When i look into my spotify settings, i see that my "share my activity" button is always disabled,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, guys. I am experiencing a problem which is quite irritating. I can see what my friends are listening to but they cannot see what i am listening to. When i look into my spotify settings, i see tha...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Proxy doesn't work !

I'm using the latest versionI try to connect Spotify with the proxy, but it doesn't work!I tested socks5 and HTTP proxymy socks5 proxy running fine on telegram desktop and mobilebut after testing about 4 proxy and too many options! (like changing ie ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the latest version I try to connect Spotify with the proxy, but it doesn't work! I tested socks5 and HTTP proxy my socks5 proxy running fine on telegram desktop and m...
  • tomslikker
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Descargar en computador sin necesidad de tener una playlist

Buenas noches tengo esa duda, por qué no se puede descargar la música en el computador (windows) sin necesidad de tener la música en una playlist si no solo en “música” si en un tiempo se podía? Muchas gracias

• Buenas noches tengo esa duda, por qué no se puede descargar la música en el computador (windows) sin necesidad de tener la música en una playlist si no solo en “música” si en un tiempo se podía?&nbsp...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ctrl+Right|Left in search field

These keyboard shortcuts should not switch music when we are in the search field. They refer to the standard for moving between words, in Windows! Thanks.

• These keyboard shortcuts should not switch music when we are in the search field. They refer to the standard for moving between words, in Windows!   Thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any song

Can't play any song on spotify on my laptop, gives error "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." All the same songs work fine on my iphone and ipad, issue only occured on my laptop since today.Please hel...

• Can't play any song on spotify on my laptop, gives error "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." All the same songs work fine on my iphone and ipad, iss...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Can't play songs
    Song Unavailable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crash

Spotify crashes after logging on my Premium Account, it works on web version and phone. It just doesn't work on PC, and I created another account, after I logged into that account it was working fine. It just keeps crashing after I log in to my first...

• Visitor
  • Spotify crashes after logging on my Premium Account, it works on web version and phone. It just doesn't work on PC, and I created another account, after I logged into that account it was working fine...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Spotify API - Search API

I want to use Search API to find songs in playlists whose artist is lets say Carlos Santana. Is this doable? For example, Santana, user A has 2 playlist, playlist A has "Crazon Espinado" and "Maria Maria", playlist B has "Smooth". After that user B o...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to use Search API to find songs in playlists whose artist is lets say Carlos Santana. Is this doable?   For example, Santana, user A has 2 playlist, playlist A has "Crazon Esp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd behavior with friends activity

I follow 4 of my friends on spotify and it has worked fine until recently. Now, when I open spotify only one of those friends shows up in the activity feed, and it shows him having last listend to a song 2 days ago (even though I know he has used it ...

• I follow 4 of my friends on spotify and it has worked fine until recently. Now, when I open spotify only one of those friends shows up in the activity feed, and it shows him having last listend to a ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard media launch button

I am using win 10 with a regular keyboard with media buttons (Alienware default PC keyboard, but I'm using an Asus Rog so no Alienware local programs to check). All buttons work correctly when Spotify is running so no problem there. But no matter wha...

• I am using win 10 with a regular keyboard with media buttons (Alienware default PC keyboard, but I'm using an Asus Rog so no Alienware local programs to check). All buttons work correctly when Spotif...
  • diverti
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! can't play the current song - win 10

I'm constantly getting this error message: "can't play the current song " and the Win10 app is not moving to the next song. I have to click on the "next song" button to continue listennig. This happens only on my Win 10 PC (with Spotify app installed...

• Music Fan
  • I'm constantly getting this error message: "can't play the current song " and the Win10 app is not moving to the next song.  I have to click on the "next song" button to continue listennig. This...
  • swf1978
  • Music Fan
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't have daily mix

I uses spotify about 2 months but i don't have my daily mix, android phone and windows in pc also don't have daily mix . When i search daily mix on pc, notification : "your daily mix not available offline" but i connected in my internet and can play ...

• I uses spotify about 2 months but i don't have my daily mix, android phone and windows in pc also don't have daily mix . When i search daily mix on pc, notification : "your daily mix not available of...
  • NEONMIME
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't Sync Local Files Anymore

I recently added 2 songs to one of my playlist from my local files, and for some unknown reason, they were gryed out. The songs are in a mp3 file format and they play fine. I snooped around the forums and saw that a re-install of the app on my phone ...

• I recently added 2 songs to one of my playlist from my local files, and for some unknown reason, they were gryed out. The songs are in a mp3 file format and they play fine. I snooped around the forum...
  • ericmwinchester
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Notifications Pause/Plays/Skips songs on Spotify windows app

Windows notifications that have a sound connected to them sometimes pauses, plays, or skips songs (rarely) when spotify is running. Spotify isn't the active window when this occurs and it occurs randomly when a notification pops up. At first I though...

• Windows notifications that have a sound connected to them sometimes pauses, plays, or skips songs (rarely) when spotify is running. Spotify isn't the active window when this occurs and it occurs rand...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
    bug report
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Desktop - Black Screen

Every time I open my Desktop Spotify app on Windows 7, all that appears is a black screen. I think this might have had to do with the most recent update. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and running in compatiblity mode. I also tried turning ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open my Desktop Spotify app on Windows 7, all that appears is a black screen.  I think this might have had to do with the most recent update. I've tried uninstalling and reinstallin...
  • lanvyngo
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! display problem for windows 8

The pict.1 is when i start my spotify. There are green shadows behind the fonts, the image has purple noise and stuffs. And the 2nd is when i go back after minimize it.... the whole font and inage turns black. what now? I use windows 8

• Casual Listener
  • The pict.1 is when i start my spotify. There are green shadows behind the fonts, the image has purple noise and stuffs. And the 2nd is when i go back after minimize it.... the whole font and inage tu...
  • ionart
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook friends are missing

I don't see my facebook friends when goto "Find Friends". Spotify says "none of your friends are on Spotify" but it's actully not true, I know some of my friends are on spotify.

tmp.png
  • I don't see my facebook friends when goto "Find Friends". Spotify says "none of your friends are on Spotify" but it's actully not true, I know some of my friends are on spotify.  
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't resume where I left, and recently played list is empty

Before, when I started spotify, I could see the song that I last played on the computer, paused exactly where I paused it, even though spotify or the computer had been completely shut down.But now, instead, what is shown is a song I played a week ago...

• Before, when I started spotify, I could see the song that I last played on the computer, paused exactly where I paused it, even though spotify or the computer had been completely shut down. But no...
  • mydogstevie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes