Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

PC not showing podcast episodes after search

Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out... I searched for a topic on my phone and found an epsiode of a podcast that I really liked. I searched the same way on my desktop but the only result I got was for the actual podcast. I ...

• Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out... I searched for a topic on my phone and found an epsiode of a podcast that I really liked. I searched the same way on my desktop but t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Add Songs to Playlist

Using the Spotify app on a Windows 10 laptop. The ability to add songs to a playlist stopped working whether I drag the song to an existing playlist or click on the 3 dots and scroll to "Add to Playlist." I've shut down and reopened Spotify.I've shut...

• Regular
  • Using the Spotify app on a Windows 10 laptop. The ability to add songs to a playlist stopped working whether I drag the song to an existing playlist or click on the 3 dots and scroll to "Add to Playl...
  • calerobob
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify pauses on its own

Hi everyone !So I use Spotify on windows 7, i'm using the last version. (My brother's pc is on windows 10, he have the same problem). I use it when I play video games.In the case of listening music and playing at the same time, after ~5 songs, the mu...

• Hi everyone ! So I use Spotify on windows 7, i'm using the last version. (My brother's pc is on windows 10, he have the same problem). I use it when I play video games. In the case of listening mus...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't drag songs to playlist, can't arrange songs in playlist, can't move playlists.

For some reason I can't drag songs to playlist, can't arrange songs in a playlist, can't move playlists. This makes it almost impossible to listen to music on spotify. I'm using Windows 10, have uninstalled and reinstalled, it's not because i clicked...

• For some reason I can't drag songs to playlist, can't arrange songs in a playlist, can't move playlists. This makes it almost impossible to listen to music on spotify. I'm using Windows 10, have...
  • z26gtr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

cant play songs on win desktop

songs only playing on mobile phone, cant get them to play on desktop win 10, it comes up with this song is not available, premium

• Casual Listener
  • songs only playing on mobile phone, cant get them to play on desktop win 10, it comes up with this song is not available, premium
  • bigdaddy1902
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

desktop spotify connect change volume for my phone

my iphone connect pc but dooesnt work change volume in 1 days. (another phone samsung glaxy s4 working good change volume)

• Casual Listener
  •  my iphone connect pc but dooesnt work change volume in 1 days. (another phone samsung glaxy s4 working good change volume)   <screenshot snipped for security reasons>
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • change volume
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no sound with razer kraken 7.1

Hello I can't hear spotify sound with my headphone and there is no post about it.Please help me ( I try to restart my pc I update everything , my headphone razer surround other... ) I'm in USB ( not in jack )

• Hello I can't hear spotify sound with my headphone and there is no post about it. Please help me ( I try to restart my pc I update everything , my headphone razer surround other... ) I'm in USB ( no...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are not playing properly

So Im on my PC and for some reason the songs are playing af if their is a filter that turns the volume low and high really fast and i hear cracking, ive tried to restart my computer but no help, I also have premium, im not sure if thats the reason

• So Im on my PC and for some reason the songs are playing af if their is a filter that turns the volume low and high really fast and i hear cracking, ive tried to restart my computer but no help, I al...
  • Erkuspwn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Reinstall/Launch Spotify

I deleted Spotify a day ago, but now I can't seem to reinstall it. Whenever I try to launch the setup.exe, a prompt appears saying "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in your system. Please uninstall that version first, or update throu...

• I deleted Spotify a day ago, but now I can't seem to reinstall it.    Whenever I try to launch the setup.exe, a prompt appears saying "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in...
  • Erkuspwn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later.

Premium subscriberHave just written in another thing but can't find it again after I submitted it.I get this error when logging in with facebook, not a computer wizz so any help needs to be easy to understand.many thanks.Dean.

• Premium subscriber Have just written in another thing but can't find it again after I submitted it. I get this error when logging in with facebook, not a computer wizz so any help needs to be easy ...
  • Erkuspwn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is not working at all

Description of the Problem - Hi! I’ve been using Spotify since the beginning of June, I believe, with no problem. But today, when I started to use Spotify, it wouldn’t work. I downloaded the recent update on 7/23/2012. I did do a search of the Window...

• Casual Listener
  • Description of the Problem - Hi!  I’ve been using Spotify since the beginning of June, I believe, with no problem.  But today, when I started to use Spotify, it wouldn’t work.  I down...
  • mustangfoxbody5
  • Regular
  • 47 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Connect Being Greedy With Two Computers

So this is a small annoyance, but I have two computers that I regularly listen to music to using Spotify on (home and work). Both have the full client installed. Spotify connect is nice because it keeps both synced to what I was listening to so when ...

• Casual Listener
  • So this is a small annoyance, but I have two computers that I regularly listen to music to using Spotify on (home and work). Both have the full client installed. Spotify connect is nice because it ke...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't disappear

So ages ago there was some Summer Hits UK playlist (I think) maintained by Spotify, I had it followed, they removed it, now it shows up in my sidebar as "Loading.... by Spotify". Unfollowing won't make it go away, clicking it opens a blank page. I kn...

• Casual Listener
  • So ages ago there was some Summer Hits UK playlist (I think) maintained by Spotify, I had it followed, they removed it, now it shows up in my sidebar as "Loading.... by Spotify". Unfollowing won't ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stops playing after 30 seconds...

Hi!Having huge issues with Spotify on the desktop.Every song stops playing after 30seconds... I have tried reinstalling, log in and out...NOTHING works!

• Regular
  • Hi! Having huge issues with Spotify on the desktop. Every song stops playing after 30seconds...  I have tried reinstalling, log in and out... NOTHING works!
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Banner ads playing over music

When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.

• When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.
  • ECameo
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

Clicking on Album Art

I, at times, am able to click on the album art and it will direct me to the song in my playlist. This doesn't happen all the time, but when I click on a song right now it takes me to some random song in my playlist.

• I, at times, am able to click on the album art and it will direct me to the song in my playlist. This doesn't happen all the time, but when I click on a song right now it takes me to some random song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 1005: Facebook and Spotify Linked login

I can only login to my account on the web player if each time before I login I delete the app on Facebook to add it again later.But, I just downloaded the Desktop app because it looks and seems to function better. My memory must be wrong because I ca...

• Casual Listener
  • I can only login to my account on the web player if each time before I login I delete the app on Facebook to add it again later. But, I just downloaded the Desktop app because it looks and...
  • irgrustam369
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to music because Spotify freezes playback on ads

Everytime an ad comes up there is no sound and nothing plays. Everytime this happens I have to close Spotify and open it again in order to continue listening to music. It is very annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime an ad comes up there is no sound and nothing plays. Everytime this happens I have to close Spotify and open it again in order to continue listening to music. It is very annoying.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web stops playing after 30 seconds, every 30 sec

-This is across all platforms-It's connected to my facebook-I don't have premium-It's.... wildly annoying -I have tried clearing cache and logging out across all platforms

• Casual Listener
  • -This is across all platforms -It's connected to my facebook -I don't have premium -It's.... wildly annoying 😞   -I have tried clearing cache and logging out across all platforms
  • Marigold
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist appearing that I did not make

So this playlist is in my list of playlists and I 100% did not make it, half the artists/songs Ive never even heard of before. The playlist has a name - jj(2) so it cant be accidental and says it was created by me. It is also from only a few months a...

• So this playlist is in my list of playlists and I 100% did not make it, half the artists/songs Ive never even heard of before. The playlist has a name - jj(2) so it cant be accidental and says i...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes