Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cloudsmaker
  • Roadie
  • 246 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 246 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Search function not working

After the latest update of Spotify (1-2 weeks ago) the search function only works from time to time. Works on iPhone but not on laptop with Win 7. What to do?

• Gig Goer
  • After the latest update of Spotify (1-2 weeks ago) the search function only works from time to time. Works on iPhone but not on laptop with Win 7. What to do?  
  • samorac
  • 101 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 101 replies
  • 9 likes

Song not playing or not uploaded.

Hi, It's been a couple of artists that I don't find on Spotify app but if I search on google about this artist on spotify, it says that there is an album. However, the songs won't start on the internet browser. For example, I wanted to listen to Clau...

• Hi,    It's been a couple of artists that I don't find on Spotify app but if I search on google about this artist on spotify, it says that there is an album. However, the songs won't star...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted device, how to stop it?

There are different unwanted devices connecting to my acount, and I'm pretty annoyedI have used "log out everywhere", "remove devices", changed password, both on spotify and facebook... the devices then disappear for a while, just to connect againwha...

• There are different unwanted devices connecting to my acount, and I'm pretty annoyed I have used "log out everywhere", "remove devices", changed password, both on spotify and facebook... the devices...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

For some reason, whenever I'm at work, my Spotify will completely stop working. The Desktop app thinks that I'm offline and I can't even access www.spotify.com in any of my browsers (Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox). In Chrome, it would say "This site can’...

• Regular
  • For some reason, whenever I'm at work, my Spotify will completely stop working. The Desktop app thinks that I'm offline and I can't even access www.spotify.com in any of my browsers (Chrome, IE, Edge...
  • chop-shop
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Selective collaboration for playlist

How can I make my collaborative playlists selectively accessible to ONLY my friends and not everyone?This will prevent some random person from messing with my collaborative playlist.

• Roadie
  • How can I make my collaborative playlists selectively accessible to ONLY my friends and not everyone? This will prevent some random person from messing with my collaborative playlist.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Click New Playlist in the menu on the left.

Just joined. Want to make a playist on my desktop. It says in the directions to Click New Playlist in the menu on the left.Nothing on the left says that. Don't see anythign under any of the topics. Am I missing something? What to do? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Just joined. Want to make a playist on my desktop. It says in the directions to  Click New Playlist in the menu on the left. Nothing on the left says that. Don't see anythign under...
  • thecocoapod
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! List of people who follow artist - gone

Hi, Before I was able to go to an artists page and see which of my facebook friends follow the artist. This was shown above the related artists list. It is not showing for me anymore on my windwos desktop version of Spotify. Does anyone know how to g...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Before I was able to go to an artists page and see which of my facebook friends follow the artist. This was shown above the related artists list. It is not showing for me anymore on my w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving playlists OUT of folders

Hi, I accidentally managed to put a playlist in the wrong folder and now I'm unable to move it back to the "playlists"-tab. I do this on a laptop and what I had to do in order to get the playlist out of the folder was to drag the name of the playlist...

• Hi, I accidentally managed to put a playlist in the wrong folder and now I'm unable to move it back to the "playlists"-tab. I do this on a laptop and what I had to do in order to get the playlist out...
  • 0 replies
  • 62 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 62 likes

All songs in personal playlists greyed out & unavailable

Spotify is working fine and connected to the internet and can play playlists created by others with no problem. For playlists that I imported from iTunes a long time ago, however, every song in every playlists is greyed out and marked as 'not availab...

• Regular
  • Spotify is working fine and connected to the internet and can play playlists created by others with no problem. For playlists that I imported from iTunes a long time ago, however, every song in every...
  • vobc
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Add a artist to a playlist description

Hey Guys!I was wondering how I could add a artist to a playlist description example: Thanks,

Screenshot_27.png
  • Composer
  • Hey Guys! I was wondering how I could add a artist to a playlist description example:    Thanks,    
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Bandwidth / Usage and Lag Qustion

Hi All, So recently I decided to create a huuuge playlist for myself and friends to listen to while driving. My question is this: Will having more than 2000 / 3000 songs in my playlist cause any additional costs in bandwidth on the mobile version? Ob...

• Regular
  • Hi All,   So recently I decided to create a huuuge playlist for myself and friends to listen to while driving. My question is this:   Will having more than 2000 / 3000 songs in my playl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Media keys not working

Hello, unfortuanlly the media keys of my Dell laptop are ignored by Spotify-Desktop.The keys do work with other applications.Spotify also doesn't react, when there is no other media Player (oder Google Chrome) running and even, when Spotify is in the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   unfortuanlly the media keys of my Dell laptop are ignored by Spotify-Desktop. The keys do work with other applications. Spotify also doesn't react, when there is no other media Play...
  • Samuel_P
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Reduce the window to a panel with a playlist

Hello, how in spotify reduce the window to the panel with a playlist? Example in the photo

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, how in spotify reduce the window to the panel with a playlist?  Example in the photo
  • AlexLean
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS KIDNAPPED BY SPOTIFY

I'm soooo tired of companies chosing the way we MUST use our devices/information/accounts! I'm very, very tired! Instagram won't let me see the feed in chronological order, Google thinks it knows the kind of answers I'm looking for, Facebook shoves m...

• I'm soooo tired of companies chosing the way we MUST use our devices/information/accounts! I'm very, very tired! 😞   Instagram won't let me see the feed in chronological order, Google thinks ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

friend feed not working right

Having this issue over the past couple weeks. I follow 170 people and it only shows activity from 20ish of them, and not even the ones whose taste in music is closest to mine windows 10 latest version of the desktop app I believe

• Casual Listener
  • Having this issue over the past couple weeks.  I follow 170 people and it only shows activity from 20ish of them, and not even the ones whose taste in music is closest to mine 😛 windows 10 late...
  • paulvej1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

RECENTLY PLAYED ARTIST NOT UPDATING

Hi,I have been looking and i have found that my recently played artist is not updating.I also went to my friend page and saw it was not updating for them. This has been here for nearly a month and it is annyoing me.since i pay for spotify i need a fi...

• Hi, I have been looking and i have found that my recently played artist is not updating. I also went to my friend page and saw it was not updating for them.  This has been here for nearly a m...
  • snickel63
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't see friends feed correctly

I can't see my friends feed correctly, it looks like it's scrolled up and I can only see one friend at a time.

• I can't see my friends feed correctly, it looks like it's scrolled up and I can only see one friend at a time.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discovery Weekly is not working properly

I am having problem with my discovery weekly playlist, instead of giving me one playlist for a week, it's give me more than one, for some reason every sunday its giving me a playlist that last just one day, because on monday i receive another playlis...

• I am having problem with my discovery weekly playlist, instead of giving me one playlist for a week, it's give me more than one, for some reason every sunday its giving me a playlist that last just o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend's playlists don't update when new songs are added.

So I've been following a friend of mine's playlists since last year, but the playlists don't update with the new songs they've added to them. The only reason anyone can tell there are new songs on the playlists is because it shows up on their feed as...

• So I've been following a friend of mine's playlists since last year, but the playlists don't update with the new songs they've added to them. The only reason anyone can tell there are new songs on th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Setting are not saving

So, for some time I have an issue with Spotify's settings, especially advanced. Every time I close the app, my settings are being discarded, ie. offline storage, best artist, volume. I have tried clean install, to no avail. Running Windows 10 with al...

• So, for some time I have an issue with Spotify's settings, especially advanced.   Every time I close the app, my settings are being discarded, ie. offline storage, best artist, volume. I have ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes