The friend feed failed to load

The friend feed failed to load

Michael_Lyons
Regular

I have disconnectd and reconnected to my internet multiple times; however, the friend feed states: "Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load" 

It has been doing this for over a week and I want it fixed so I can see what my friends are listening to.

I also attatched a photo of what it looks like.

Help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Friend Feed.PNG
27 Replies

Re: The friend feed failed to load

DerMoriz
Roadie

Have you already reinstalled spotify?

Michael_Lyons
Regular

Not yet as I do not wish to be forced to re-download all of my songs; but, if this is the next course of action I’ll do it in the morning.

Thanks for the recommendation and I’ll get back to you soon.

Sincerely,

Michael

Michael_Lyons
Regular

Okay, I have un-installed and re-installed Spotify with no luck, the friend feed still states that it has "failed to load". I am now unsure of what to do next.

[Edit] I signed out of Spotify and into a different (not premium) account of mine and the friend feed works.

I then tried signing back into my premium account and it doesn't work again 😕

Idk what to do

DerMoriz
Roadie

Where did you get your Spotify PC version? From the windows store or from the installer?

Michael_Lyons
Regular

I’ve tried both and I reached out to a Spotify employee through the live chat who said that he’d add me to a list of people with the problem so when more people are added to it, the issue will be looked into 😕

reggiemyveggies
Casual Listener

Found a *temporary* solution. If you navigate to the user folder in the Spotify installation folder, you'll see a file called abba.json. If you delete that and restart Spotify, you can see the Friend Feed. Only works after deleting it though. Maybe this is a hint?

reggiemyveggies
Casual Listener

This may or may not work

Knoxville2

Got quite the same problem! It looks like my friend feed is actually loading, but only sometimes or just for a few friends.

Lots of friends of mine where i know that they listen to music almost everyday are not available because regarding to Spotify they didnt listen to music for over 7 days. Pretty strange... didnt put the private session on, tried to restart and reinstall it but it didnt work... any ideas?

Michael_Lyons
Regular

How do you do that?

SUGGESTED POSTS