[Desktop] Spotify doesn't work on Desktop Version

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Suisse 

Device

(Dell Desktop computer)

Operating System

Spotify works correctly on all my devices (My Macbook, Iphone, and online version), but on my desktop computer. When I click Play, it switch automatically to the next song of the list, then the following one, and so on... without reading none of them. I see the titles scrollling on the left down corner of the interface but none of them is played. 

My Question or Issue

(Windows 7)

5 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Thank you LorenXK, 

Actually I already tryed restart and reinstall the app several times. 

The version of Spotify is 1.0.84.344 and I use Windows 7 Professional.

I just noticed that, if I am logged and I am using Spotify online, I can control it from my desktop version. As soon as I close the browser with Spotify, the desktop app bugs as I described in my post. 

Thank you for the information!

Could you please try these steps in this thread for a more thorough uninstall of Spotify?

If possible try signing in with another Spotify account on your PC to see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

No Way. Sorry. I just followed the steps to uninstall Spotify. I installed again the most recent version AND I created a new account. 

The problem is always there. 

Thank you however. 

Hey @gecasci,

Here is the link to the thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/The-spotify-app-does-not-open/m-p/4512750#M61055

Sorry for the inconvenience! 🙂

Suggested posts