Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Soulnd
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Managing when song versions change in a playlist

Fairly often, a song that I've had in a playlist for ages is replaced with a crummy dance mix, or karaoke version. I get that the licensing has probably changed, but often I can find the same song still in the catalog. When this happens, it becomes d...

• Regular
  • Fairly often, a song that I've had in a playlist for ages is replaced with a crummy dance mix, or karaoke version. I get that the licensing has probably changed, but often I can find the sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Fullscreen mode Bug

When I switch to the fullscreen mode (the one with the album cover in the middle and the buttons on the bottom) I see like 2-3 pixels of the desktop's background and it's really making me mad. I haven't found a solution to this issue on the spotify c...

Immagine.png Immagine.png
  • When I switch to the fullscreen mode (the one with the album cover in the middle and the buttons on the bottom) I see like 2-3 pixels of the desktop's background and it's really making me mad. I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Snaz & Snip not working with spotify premium

Since i tried the 30 days trial of Spotify premium, snip and snaz doesn't recognize the music i am listening, i have an older version of snaz because of the latest version doesn't work anymore because of devs. Could be any setting that blocks third p...

• Since i tried the 30 days trial of Spotify premium,  snip and snaz doesn't recognize the music i am listening, i have an older version of snaz because of the latest version doesn't wor...
  • Landryy
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't see people who follow my playlist

HI! From new versions of Spotify where people follow other people/playlists etc and not subscribe to it, I can't see the people who is following my playlists. For example, in this playlist has 13 followers (formerly subscribers) but I can only see 3 ...

Sin título.png
  • Gig Goer
  • HI!   From new versions of Spotify where people follow other people/playlists etc and not subscribe to it, I can't see the people who is following my playlists. For example, in this playlist...
  • AlexZadik
  • 74 replies
  • 52 likes
  • Windows
  • 74 replies
  • 52 likes

Superuser Contribution Search function not working and other bugs

Quite a few bugs popping out today - server maintenece day at Spotify? All day the search function has been dead. Tried restarting the program. Tried logging out and logging back in - simply no go. Have also had a couple of issues with the Windows po...

• Music Fan
  • Quite a few bugs popping out today - server maintenece day at Spotify?   All day the search function has been dead. Tried restarting the program. Tried logging out and logging back in - simply...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't uninstall Spotify. Windows 10

I am having some trouble with uninstalling Spotify from my pc. I just spent a month trying to fix a security update problem for my pc. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 completely, so I have to reinstall all my applications again :P.I downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having some trouble with uninstalling Spotify from my pc.   I just spent a month trying to fix a security update problem for my pc. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 completely, s...
  • Nightoro
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The Songs tab under "YOUR LIBRARY" doesn't have a download option

In the first image the download button is present download buttonI just want a download option for this pretty sure many other people do thanksno download button

download button.PNG no download button.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • In the first image the download button is present  download buttonI just want a download option for this pretty sure many other people do thanks no download button
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't shuffle songs

Hello. I created a playlist and when I click the shuffle button (it is now green) and then right click on my playlist and hit play, it plays a random song from the playlist. However, every song after this is played in alphabetical order of Artist -> ...

• Hello. I created a playlist and when I click the shuffle button (it is now green) and then right click on my playlist and hit play, it plays a random song from the playlist. However, every song after...
  • Iamnotarobotm8
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes

Remove Artist from Daily Mix

The Daily Mix is a great idea and I use it quite a lot. The only annoying thing is artists I have removed keep reappearing in the playlist, meaning I have to remove them again using the Don't play (band name). This happens when I pause the current so...

• Music Fan
  • The Daily Mix is a great idea and I use it quite a lot. The only annoying thing is artists I have removed keep reappearing in the playlist, meaning I have to remove them again using the Don't play (b...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • don't play song
    reappearing
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

What does it mean to 'follow' an artist?

What exactly does it mean to 'follow' an artist? I understand that if I go to My Music > Artists they will show up in a list there. But how is that any different than just creating a playlist for that artist? Will I get updates somewhere for artists ...

• Music Fan
  • What exactly does it mean to 'follow' an artist?  I understand that if I go to My Music > Artists they will show up in a list there.  But how is that any different than just creating a p...
  • flobemaor
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes

MP3 creates a conflic with Spotify audio files

So, I've ran into this problem where I've realized that if you save a song from a physical album with Windows Media Player that saves your song as (for example) "02 Magic" (it being "Magic" by Coldplay) it will not allow you play the song on Spotify ...

• So, I've ran into this problem where I've realized that if you save a song from a physical album with Windows Media Player that saves your song as (for example) "02 Magic" (it being "Magic" by Coldpl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Your Friends

Hello! I want to report my problem, I can't even login to Facebook via button "Find Your Friends". Spotify will open the window, but problem is somewhere else, I can't even reach the window, via function Win + Tab or Alt + Tab, I can see the window i...

• Hello! I want to report my problem, I can't even login to Facebook via button "Find Your Friends". Spotify will open the window, but problem is somewhere else, I can't even reach the window, via func...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Find friends
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting by Followers options

When browsing through other users playlist I would like to sort them by followers. It seems abit lazy that you state amount of followers a playlist has if you cant't answer the next obvious question, what playlist has the most follower?It is pretty b...

• When browsing through other users playlist I would like to sort them by followers. It seems abit lazy that you state amount of followers a playlist has if you cant't answer the next obvious...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Sorting Options
    Sorting Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Cache file location unable to change on Win10 Pro

Unable to change the cache file on Spotify Ver1.0.77.338.g on Windows 10 Pro (64bit)ver.1709. All cache files goes to C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data.Cache files tooks 10G of spaces on computer, while I'm using Spotify App on iPhone most o...

• Unable to change the cache file on Spotify Ver1.0.77.338.g on Windows 10 Pro (64bit)ver.1709. All cache files goes to C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data. Cache files tooks 10G of spaces on c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cache
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Your daily mix is not available offline message" appears while ONLINE

Hey guys, The subject is pretty self explanatory, I am not using any VPN, I am on my home network via wifi.I tried closing the client and relunching it.Tried logging out and back in.tried rebooting my router even.Nothing helped.Maybe you can.(Windows...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,  The subject is pretty self explanatory, I am not using any VPN, I am on my home network via wifi. I tried closing the client and relunching it. Tried logging out and back in. trie...
  • daniami
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10, sudden delay on play/pause/volume/song switch. High-End PC specs.

Hi,I have a problem with Spotify on a high-end desktop computer (i7 6700k, gtx1080, 16gb ram) hooked with a Fiio e07k USB DAC with Beyerdynamic DT770. Hardware acceleration enabled. After a while with application open and no playbacks (1 hrs or such)...

• Hi, I have a problem with Spotify on a high-end desktop computer (i7 6700k, gtx1080, 16gb ram) hooked with a Fiio e07k USB DAC with Beyerdynamic DT770. Hardware acceleration enabled.   A...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Browser Player doesn't work

Recently, my Spotify browser stopped working. I only get the message: Ooops, something went wrong. As well, I can't get the Finnish version of the player, only the international English one (that's not as important, but still...). I have deleted all ...

• Music Fan
  • Recently, my Spotify browser stopped working. I only get the message: Ooops, something went wrong. As well, I can't get the Finnish version of the player, only the international English one (that's n...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Remove Spotify from Windows 7 64bit

Never faced such a resilient program. Trying to uninstall from control panel (as administrator) brings up a "This program is not responding" error dialog and doesn't continue. I've made sure no spotify processes are running (that I know of) and still...

• Never faced such a resilient program. Trying to uninstall from control panel (as administrator) brings up a "This program is not responding" error dialog and doesn't continue. I've made sure no spoti...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

If I favorite a song in Daily Mix 1, is it favorited in Daily Mix 2 as well?

Are song settings for my daily mixes all linked? If I favorite a song in Daily Mix 1, is it favorited in Daily Mix 2 as well? Does the same thing happen when I say "Don't play this song/artist"? I my daily mixes all completely separate by genre in a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Are song settings for my daily mixes all linked? If I favorite a song in Daily Mix 1, is it favorited in Daily Mix 2 as well? Does the same thing happen when I say "Don't play this song/artist"?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes