Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • morefluff
  • Regular
  • 262 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 262 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't connect to the spotify servers

Hello there, My problem is, that i can't connect to the spotify servers. This problem same to desktop application, to android app (same network via wifi) and to spotify web player (tried with 3 browsers). At this moment i live in the university dormi...

• Hello there,   My problem is, that i can't connect to the spotify servers. This problem same to desktop application, to android app (same network via wifi) and to spotify web player (tried wit...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to see all tracks from an artist

I want to see a list of all tracks from an artist (i.e. see a list with all tracks, not just the "most popular songs" or their albums). I believe this is how spotify used to work. Has this changed? Is there anyway to still see a list of all tracks by...

• I want to see a list of all tracks from an artist (i.e. see a list with all tracks, not just the "most popular songs" or their albums). I believe this is how spotify used to work. Has this chang...
  • lovetribe
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify doesn't skip song when it says We're not able to play this video in your current location

I'm using Spotify desktop in Windows 10. Some videos won't play and give error "We're not able to play this video in your current location". I don't mind that but Spotify does nothing after showing this error. Should it not advance to next song inste...

• I'm using Spotify desktop in Windows 10.  Some videos won't play and give error "We're not able to play this video in your current location".  I don't mind that but Spotify does nothing aft...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop client doesn't restore last played playlist / track

Steps to reproduce: 1. Configure app to start with OS minimized2. Restart PC, let app start3. Listen / change to another song / playlist4. Shutdown PC5. Turn PC on again6. Open Spotify Expected result:Spotify sould be stopped on last played track / p...

• Steps to reproduce:   1. Configure app to start with OS minimized 2. Restart PC, let app start 3. Listen / change to another song / playlist 4. Shutdown PC 5. Turn PC on again 6. Open Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

How to get in "Albums" only the subscribed albums

Hello, I need an advice.Sometimes, I put some songs into my Library.Then, the album from this song is added automatically into the "Album" section of my library. But I do not want to see an album in this section if I didn't subscribed specifically to...

• Hello,   I need an advice. Sometimes, I put some songs into my Library. Then, the album from this song is added automatically into the "Album" section of my library. But I do not want t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Won't Uninstall

Recently, Spotify has started to popup with an error message saying "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data". After searching, the resolution seems to be uninstall Spotify, and re-download it via the website instead of the Windows app store. How...

• Visitor
  • Recently, Spotify has started to popup with an error message saying "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data". After searching, the resolution seems to be uninstall Spotify, and re-download it vi...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

CANCIONES EN BIBLIOTECA

Hola buenas tardes, estoy subiendo música a mi biblioteca de canciones de Spotify pero algunas si les aparece el signo de "+" pero en algunas otras no, y si trato de ponerlas en playlist si se agregan hasta las que no tienen el signo de "+", me podrí...

• Hola buenas tardes, estoy subiendo música a mi biblioteca de canciones de Spotify pero algunas si les aparece el signo de "+" pero en algunas otras no, y si trato de ponerlas en playlist si se agrega...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify failed to migrate some of your data.

Everytime I start up Spotify I get a little box that says "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data." It started about a month ago and I ignored it until it got annoying. Now when I start up Spotify it appears invisible on the taskbar next to the ...

• Everytime I start up Spotify I get a little box that says "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data." It started about a month ago and I ignored it until it got annoying. Now when I start up Spoti...
  • canopus113
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Looks like this:It takes up way too much of my screen and lasts too long. Is there any way I can just have the normal volume bar again? I've resorted to using an older spotify client for now.

bb8d2dc74cf8aa906d3cbe65c6bb2af4.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Looks like this: It takes up way too much of my screen and lasts too long. Is there any way I can just have the normal volume bar again? I've resorted to using an older spotify client for now.&n...
  • steedoc
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 38 likes
  • Windows
  • 22 replies
  • 38 likes

Queuing - Using Add To Queue

Im trying to find out how add to queue operates. When I have an ablum playing, the song for that album are queued up. I then add another album via the add to queue. I expect this album to be at the end of the first album queue. What happens though is...

• Im trying to find out how add to queue operates. When I have an ablum playing, the song for that album are queued up. I then add another album via the add to queue. I expect this album to be at the e...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Supported Amps

For months I was able to send Spotify from my computer to a Yamaha RXV483 --- now I can't get Spotify on the device. Both PC and Yamaha are connected (hard wired) to the same network. I can see the Yamaha on the PC but when I got to Spotify I can't c...

• Casual Listener
  • For months I was able to send Spotify from my computer to a Yamaha RXV483 --- now I can't get Spotify on the device.   Both PC and Yamaha are connected (hard wired) to the same network.  ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to shut down shortcut symbol when changing volume?

When I am using commando "fn" + f11/f12 to modify the volume when streaming through Spotify I am getting a shortcut symbol in the left corner on the screen. My problem is that I can not choose to shut down this annoying shortcut symbol, instead I hav...

• When I am using commando "fn" + f11/f12 to modify the volume when streaming through Spotify I am getting a shortcut symbol in the left corner on the screen. My problem is that I can not choose to shu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing on windows 10

Hi all, I have already tried all possible solution from the posts concerning a similar problem. The problem is this: the desktopversion (both from the installer and the app from the windowsmarket) causes my laptop to freeze. I have to do a hard rease...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have already tried all possible solution from the posts concerning a similar problem. The problem is this: the desktopversion (both from the installer and the app from the windowsm...
  • Cammmm
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Switching over from Google Play Music

so im considering switching over from google play music who ive been paying for their subscription service for almost a year, is there anyway to switch the songs that are in my library over to spotify, i have like 500 songs or so, so im not going to ...

• so im considering switching over from google play music who ive been paying for their subscription service for almost a year, is there anyway to switch the songs that are in my library over to spotif...
  • bach00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

new spotify skin

hey i'm using Spotify version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc . after the update , the skin of program looks weird and the window bar in the middle is gone (check attached pic).beside rolling back the update , are there anyways to change this?

• hey i'm using Spotify version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc . after the update , the skin of program looks weird and the window bar in the middle is gone (check attached pic).beside rolling back the...
  • zeroshift1990
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Spotify portable version

On my PC at work, I've no administrator right and I cannot install any software. Could you provide a portable version of spotify software to run without installation ? Additionnaly the network protocol should be TCP 80 (HTTP) in order that the traffi...

• Casual Listener
  • On my PC at work, I've no administrator right and I cannot install any software. Could you provide a portable version of spotify software to run without installation ? Additionnaly the network pr...
  • spoitfysuks
  • 21 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!! Can't uninstall

How can i uninstall my spotify on Win 10? I cant even find my spotify apps but it keeps running whenever i start my laptop. When i want to install another spotify, it says "a windows store installation or spotify was found in your system" Thank you*a...

• How can i uninstall my spotify on Win 10? I cant even find my spotify apps but it keeps running whenever i start my laptop. When i want to install another spotify, it says "a windows store installati...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Clearing all Songs

How do i clear all my songs? i am aware there is already a topic on this, but it is very outdated and i can;t find the correct settings. Help

• How do i clear all my songs? i am aware there is already a topic on this, but it is very outdated and i can;t find the correct settings. Help
  • noah1Salama
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm Transferring playlists to a new account, but my public ones arent visible?

I wanted to clean up my spotify account, and instead of doing the tedious work of adding and deleting new songs i just decided to make a new account. (i dont have a subscription or anything, so this was the easiest choice) When I go to look at my pas...

• ...his was the easiest choice)   When I go to look at my past profile's playlists from my new account, i cant see the playlists that i double, triple checked were made public. can anyone help me? &n...
  • spedonkm
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes