Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Like buttons for friend's notifications

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to like/dislike friend's or followed musician's/band's notification on the right hand panel on Spotify Desktop application for PC. Is there a way to comment on these notifications? A small interface as can be see...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I was wondering if it is possible to like/dislike friend's or followed musician's/band's notification on the right hand panel on Spotify Desktop application for PC.   Is there...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Only sidebars load with newest update

Since the newest changes to the UI, spotify has been practically unusable for me. The sidebars are the only windows that load. Everything else results in a blank white screen. I went ahead and attached a screenshot to more clearly illustrate what is ...

spotify lag.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Since the newest changes to the UI, spotify has been practically unusable for me. The sidebars are the only windows that load.  Everything else results in a blank white screen.  I went ahea...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP CANT SEE SONGS I SEARCH FOR! NO image...

Spotify is fked!... Why does it look like that when i search? please help!

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is fked!... Why does it look like that when i search? please help!
  • blixten59
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to revert to previous version?

Please, for the love of God, let there be a way. . . if so, someone please tell me how. Through windows regedit, going into the C:\ drive - anything! Before I just get rid of spotify for turning to crap.

• Regular
  • Please, for the love of God, let there be a way. . . if so, someone please tell me how. Through windows regedit, going into the C:\ drive - anything! Before I just get rid of spotify for turning to c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't play League of Legends while spotify open

Is there any solution about it ? I can even leave uTorrent opened with 300kb download rate with no problem, but i can not play LOL i always have random pings.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any solution about it ?  I can even leave uTorrent opened with 300kb download rate with no problem, but i can not play LOL i always have random pings. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Was passiert wenn man auf "speichern" klickt??

Wie der Titel bereits sagt- seit einigen Wochen gibt es den speichern button und ich frage mich immer noch, was er für einen effekt hat!? es wird keine neue playlist erstellt und auch sonst seh ich kein ergebnis, bis auf die tatsache das dann die tra...

• Regular
  • Wie der Titel bereits sagt- seit einigen Wochen gibt es den speichern button und ich frage mich immer noch, was er für einen effekt hat!? es wird keine neue playlist erstellt und auch sonst seh ich k...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

advertisements in my own music

I'm getting spammed by ads in the music I bought and added to Spotify, to my own playlists. I don't like streaming music because of the ads. Spotify has a lot of the artists I usually can't find the CDs of in Denmark, back when you let people buy dow...

• I'm getting spammed by ads in the music I bought and added to Spotify, to my own playlists. I don't like streaming music because of the ads. Spotify has a lot of the artists I usually can't find the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify team, please give an official Statement - when can we expect an new version?

Dear Spotify team, a lot of users have complained about the new user interface. Main points are: - Huge waste of space - Colors far too dark - Stars have gone - No possibilty to customize the design Please give an official statement: Will there be an...

• Music Fan
  • Dear Spotify team,   a lot of users have complained about the new user interface. Main points are:   - Huge waste of space - Colors far too dark - Stars have gone - No possibi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio Station Population

I decided to give Spotify radio a try and transitioning off of Pandora. I can see that I can start a radio station based on a playlist of songs. My question is, if you add songs to that playlist does the new songs help add to the radio selection, or ...

• I decided to give Spotify radio a try and transitioning off of Pandora. I can see that I can start a radio station based on a playlist of songs. My question is, if you add songs to that playlist does...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly change playlist

Hi, I often use my Spotify Premium account on my work computer running Win 8.1 latestes update etc. Spotify version 0.9.8.... (why don't you take the step and make a version 1??) Today I have at least 4 times experinced that the playlist I was listni...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I often use my Spotify Premium account on my work computer running Win 8.1 latestes update etc. Spotify version 0.9.8.... (why don't you take the step and make a version 1??)   ...
  • cbreum
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays the wrong track

Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart Both play "Would I lie to you?" by some early 90ies one hit wonder instead of the correct song.

• Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart   Both play "Would I lie to you?" by some early 90ie...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Starred list gone on PC

My starred song list is gone on my PC but is still there on my mobile versions. What happened? how do i get it back? Very annoying

• My starred song list is gone on my PC but is still there on my mobile versions. What happened? how do i get it back? Very annoying
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All of my playlists completely gone after 0.9.8.296g update - Resolved!

What's going on? I have Windows 8.1 running on my desktop and I was right in the middle of a song when Spotify kicked me out and updated without asking. Very disappointed! I read a bit, and went to recover deleted playlists in case they would be ther...

• Casual Listener
  • What's going on? I have Windows 8.1 running on my desktop and I was right in the middle of a song when Spotify kicked me out and updated without asking. Very disappointed!   I read a bit, an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Want your Starred interface back? Here's how.

I wrote a guide a while back, here's the link. Re: To divide my tracks in albums - is that possib... - Page 2 - The Spotify Community Note that Spotify has the ability to kill this fix any time they feel like it. And has once in the past.

• Roadie
  • I wrote a guide a while back, here's the link.   Re: To divide my tracks in albums - is that possib... - Page 2 - The Spotify Community   Note that Spotify has the ability to kill t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New playlists not visible on user profiles on latest version

Only top 50 playlist are visible on the users profile. This way if you have more than 50 playlists any new ones will never be visible!? I have shared my latest monthly playlist on music communities on FB and it have now reached as many subscribers to...

• Music Fan
  • Only top 50 playlist are visible on the users profile. This way if you have more than 50 playlists any new ones will never be visible!? I have shared my latest monthly playlist on music communit...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Library!

Where do i find the library in the new release?The library was the only feature where i could see all my new added songs (of 20 different playlists) in one overview.

• Where do i find the library in the new release? The library was the only feature where i could see all my new added songs (of 20 different playlists) in one overview. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug or "feature"? 60min + songs length format

Hi, Songs over 60 minutes seams to appear truncated. This is not a showstopper But its abit annoying. An example is Sleep - Dopesmoker 63m34s length. In old version all is fine. New version shows 1:03. This is correct, but its not realy informative. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Songs over 60 minutes seams to appear truncated.  This is not a showstopper 😛 But its abit annoying.   An example is Sleep - Dopesmoker 63m34s length. In old version all is fin...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in Offline mode

Hey Spotify peeps. I've been enjoying my month trial of premium and love it, expect for one huge, major and unexcusable problem which has me deciding to not continue with premium - and that is the dreaded "Stuck in Offline mode" issue. Spotify works ...

• Regular
  • Hey Spotify peeps.   I've been enjoying my month trial of premium and love it, expect for one huge, major and unexcusable problem which has me deciding to not continue with premium - and tha...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes