Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

No audio coming out of the desktop app

So the past two days spotify on the desktop app no sound has been coming out of it. Yet if I play music through the web player works just fine. It used to only not play music if I were to switch from my phone to my computer, too fix it all I would do...

• Casual Listener
  • So the past two days spotify on the desktop app no sound has been coming out of it. Yet if I play music through the web player works just fine. It used to only not play music if I were to switch from...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song randomly pauses

Hi, I'm using the Spotify app for Windows 7 with Premium and when I'm listening to music it randomly pauses. I need to hit play to keep it playing.I've tried a full clean reinstall, I've logged out of all devices and relogged into my account on PC ag...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using the Spotify app for Windows 7 with Premium and when I'm listening to music it randomly pauses. I need to hit play to keep it playing. I've tried a full clean reinstall, I've logged out...
  • MilesBlack
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

changer artist by country

I do not want to see these national artists anymore, it's not my taste that **bleep** of sertanejo and anita, there's no way I can change that? I want to hear artists from another country.

• I do not want to see these national artists anymore, it's not my taste that **bleep** of sertanejo and anita, there's no way I can change that? I want to hear artists from another country. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with adding songs to playlist ?!

Hello, Normally I was able to add music to any of my playlists however this morning when I try to add music there are only 3 playlist shown out of my 25-30 playlist when I right click to add my song to the playlist. These 3 playlists are the only one...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Normally I was able to add music to any of my playlists however this morning when I try to add music there are only 3 playlist shown out of my 25-30 playlist when I right click to add...
  • Thorsten369
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Friend Feed Now Facebook Only?

My friends and family are no longer visible in the Friend feed. When I try to restore them using the Find Friends button, it asks me to connect to Facebook. Neither I nor members of my family have Facebook accounts so how do I get them back into my f...

• Roadie
  • My friends and family are no longer visible in the Friend feed. When I try to restore them using the Find Friends button, it asks me to connect to Facebook. Neither I nor members of my family have Fa...
  • mando_cabrera
  • Music Fan
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes

Editing Title Info on "Local Files."

I just downloaded the free version of Spotify. Afterward I imported all my songs from my computer over to the Local Files. When several came over, their info was wrong & therefore don't show up accurately in the playlist. Is there anyway to edit sond...

• I just downloaded the free version of Spotify. Afterward I imported all my songs from my computer over to the Local Files. When several came over, their info was wrong & therefore don't show up a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts are not sync between devices

I have spotify premium and I'm using spotify on three devices: two desctop apps (one on my personal computer, one at work) and mobile app. I've started to listen the podcast, but it is starting to be pretty annoying that the podcasts are not syncing ...

• I have spotify premium and I'm using spotify on three devices: two desctop apps (one on my personal computer, one at work) and mobile app. I've started to listen the podcast, but it is starting to be...
  • mrcybersalot
  • 6 replies
  • 64 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 64 likes

Google Home Mini Plays Song Radio Only

My google home mini used to work great and when I asked for a song it would play the right one. All of a sudden now when I ask to play a song i.e."Hey Google, Play thunderstruck by ACDC" it will responed "Ok, playing thunderstruck by ACDC" But then i...

• My google home mini used to work great and when I asked for a song it would play the right one.   All of a sudden now when I ask to play a song i.e."Hey Google, Play thunderstruck by ACDC" it ...
  • Guilherme1984
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • google
    Home
    Mini
    Radio
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify stops working

After Spotify has been idle for a time it often stops responding. I click somewhere in the Spotify window, but it just minimizes. The only thing Spotify seems to react to is maximize/minimize commands. You maximize again, click somewhere and the prog...

• Casual Listener
  • After Spotify has been idle for a time it often stops responding. I click somewhere in the Spotify window, but it just minimizes. The only thing Spotify seems to react to is maximize/minimize command...
  • jordyonpc
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    Crash
    unresponsive
    Windows 10
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Error code 4. No internet

First it refused to start in anything apart from offline mode. Then i loged out. Now i can't even log back on. Logged out everywhere. Re-installed. Tried google dns. Tried flushing my own dns. **bleep** am i supposed to do?I'm not paying 15 euros a m...

• First it refused to start in anything apart from offline mode. Then i loged out. Now i can't even log back on. Logged out everywhere. Re-installed. Tried google dns. Tried flushing my own dns. **blee...
  • matanl
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist's songs ain't sorted by date added from other's perspective?

I've been listening to my own playlist in a date ascending order for years now. And I've just realized that such organization setting doesn't enforce to people visiting my playlist, so the songs on the top of my list are the oldest ones I've added. I...

• I've been listening to my own playlist in a date ascending order for years now. And I've just realized that such organization setting doesn't enforce to people visiting my playlist, so the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My friends activity feed disappeared

I can't see my friends activity feed, it disappeared today, help

• Gig Goer
  • I can't see my friends activity feed, it disappeared today, help 😞
  • kegl1
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends activity problem

So i have this problem that i cannot see my frends' activity. It says 'see what your friends listen to' and 'find friends' but i already have people i follow, i always saw them and today they just disappeared. I see a bunch of random people listening...

• So i have  this problem that i cannot see my frends' activity. It says 'see what your friends listen to' and 'find friends' but i already have people i follow, i always saw them a...
  • mando_cabrera
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

No internet connection in spotify

Hi Community, I have 3 android phones and two desktop computers on my LAN and none of them can connect to spotify. I have full internet connection otherwise. I can get spotify to work in some situations as shown below, still it is very frustrating wh...

• Regular
  • Hi Community,   I have 3 android phones and two desktop computers on my LAN and none of them can connect to spotify. I have full internet connection otherwise. I can get spotify to work in som...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I see my feed friends?

Yesterday I noticed that, instead of my feed friends, I see "See what your friends are playing" but spotify allows me only to add new friends, without the possibility to see what are playing my friends. I don't know the names you can see on the right...

spotify.JPG
  • Regular
  • Yesterday I noticed that, instead of my feed friends, I see "See what your friends are playing" but spotify allows me only to add new friends, without the possibility to see what are playing my frien...
  • mando_cabrera
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Problem with local files

Hello, I can't explain it properly, but I'll try my best.. The problem is that some songs turn into songs from my local files. For example Post Malone - I Fall Apart has changed into my local file; "Post Malone - I Fall Apart (Andrey Azizov Chill Rem...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I can't explain it properly, but I'll try my best..   The problem is that some songs turn into songs from my local files. For example Post Malone - I Fall Apart has changed int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Explain the queue/up next features to me

I have a question. Imagine a scenario: I am listening to a song/album.I have several other songs/albums in my queue which I wish to listen to next.I want to add a song/album to the end of that existing queue.Right now, when I use "add to queue" on th...

• Visitor
  • I have a question. Imagine a scenario:   I am listening to a song/album. I have several other songs/albums in my queue which I wish to listen to next. I want to add a song/album to the end ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify nickname

So on spotify program my account name is normal but on the website or discord my spotify nickname is just random letters and numbers. Need a fix!

• So on spotify program my account name is normal but on the website or discord my spotify nickname is just random letters and numbers. Need a fix!
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't see the activity of my friends all day

i dislike this update, because i can't see all activities of my friends in the day, only show me 2 hours ago... any option to see all day friends activities like before?

• i dislike this update, because i can't see all activities of my friends in the day, only show me 2 hours ago... any option to see all day friends activities like before?
  • baananman
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

My deleted playlist still showing up on my profile

Hello, So I deleted a playlist of my music today and it is still showing on my profile. I don't know if it is a glitch or not.Here are some screenshots of the error.Please help me! Thanks!

• Music Fan
  • Hello,    So I deleted a playlist of my music today and it is still showing on my profile. I don't know if it is a glitch or not. Here are some screenshots of the error. Please help me!...
  • Jaelan
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes