Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

No internet connection in spotify

Hi Community, I have 3 android phones and two desktop computers on my LAN and none of them can connect to spotify. I have full internet connection otherwise. I can get spotify to work in some situations as shown below, still it is very frustrating wh...

• Regular
  • Hi Community,   I have 3 android phones and two desktop computers on my LAN and none of them can connect to spotify. I have full internet connection otherwise. I can get spotify to work in som...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I see my feed friends?

Yesterday I noticed that, instead of my feed friends, I see "See what your friends are playing" but spotify allows me only to add new friends, without the possibility to see what are playing my friends. I don't know the names you can see on the right...

spotify.JPG
  • Regular
  • Yesterday I noticed that, instead of my feed friends, I see "See what your friends are playing" but spotify allows me only to add new friends, without the possibility to see what are playing my frien...
  • mando_cabrera
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Problem with local files

Hello, I can't explain it properly, but I'll try my best.. The problem is that some songs turn into songs from my local files. For example Post Malone - I Fall Apart has changed into my local file; "Post Malone - I Fall Apart (Andrey Azizov Chill Rem...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I can't explain it properly, but I'll try my best..   The problem is that some songs turn into songs from my local files. For example Post Malone - I Fall Apart has changed int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Explain the queue/up next features to me

I have a question. Imagine a scenario: I am listening to a song/album.I have several other songs/albums in my queue which I wish to listen to next.I want to add a song/album to the end of that existing queue.Right now, when I use "add to queue" on th...

• Visitor
  • I have a question. Imagine a scenario:   I am listening to a song/album. I have several other songs/albums in my queue which I wish to listen to next. I want to add a song/album to the end ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify nickname

So on spotify program my account name is normal but on the website or discord my spotify nickname is just random letters and numbers. Need a fix!

• So on spotify program my account name is normal but on the website or discord my spotify nickname is just random letters and numbers. Need a fix!
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't see the activity of my friends all day

i dislike this update, because i can't see all activities of my friends in the day, only show me 2 hours ago... any option to see all day friends activities like before?

• i dislike this update, because i can't see all activities of my friends in the day, only show me 2 hours ago... any option to see all day friends activities like before?
  • baananman
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

My deleted playlist still showing up on my profile

Hello, So I deleted a playlist of my music today and it is still showing on my profile. I don't know if it is a glitch or not.Here are some screenshots of the error.Please help me! Thanks!

• Music Fan
  • Hello,    So I deleted a playlist of my music today and it is still showing on my profile. I don't know if it is a glitch or not. Here are some screenshots of the error. Please help me!...
  • Jaelan
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What is new in 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef?

Spotify just updated to 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef. Where is the change log?

• Visitor
  • Spotify just updated to 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef.   Where is the change log?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why won't Spotify recognize my chromecast devices?

I have lots of chromecast devices including multiple Google Homes, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra. I've updated Spotify and it doesn't see any of them. They're all on the same WiFi network, and Google Home can see them just fine. I...

Spotify Chromecast Error.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have lots of chromecast devices including multiple Google Homes, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra.  I've updated Spotify and it doesn't see any of them.  They're all on t...
  • Guy_B
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify ignores settings and doesn't save changes 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575

Seams to be the same problem that many others have and nothing I've tried makes any difference. Enabling crossfade and setting duration does nothing other than change the toggle to green, how pretty, but totaly useless. It does not crossfade. It also...

• Casual Listener
  • Seams to be the same problem that many others have and nothing I've tried makes any difference. Enabling crossfade and setting duration does nothing other than change the toggle to green, how pretty,...
  • evoremix
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Facebook/profile picture/question

If you are already logged into Facebook, will it not let you change the profile picture?

• If you are already logged into Facebook, will it not let you change the profile picture?
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Border when having spotify on one half of my screen. Picture in post.

This is what is happening and I have no idea how it happend or what is causing it. I like to have discord on one half and spotify on the other but there is a border around the spotify client which deicded to appear. If there is a way to fix it please...

• Casual Listener
  • This is what is happening and I have no idea how it happend or what is causing it. I like to have discord on one half and spotify on the other but there is a border around the spotify client which de...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remove artist from library.

Hi, I following folk ban Omnia for a long time, but few days ago I noticed that it has been replaced by some kind of electronic band with the same name. And now, there's no way to delete it from my library. I dont follow this artist and dont have any...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I following folk ban Omnia for a long time, but few days ago I noticed that it has been replaced by some kind of electronic band with the same name. And now, there's no way to delete it ...
  • Marcin_Max
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Distortion viewable on Correlation Meter

I searched along for a similar problem, but the most answers where, that the music pieces where distorted mixed.Im Mixing Engineer and on a Correlation Meter you can see that so much songs are distorted. I made a comparison to the similar songs on De...

• I searched along for a similar problem, but the most answers where, that the music pieces where distorted mixed. Im Mixing Engineer and on a Correlation Meter you can see that so much songs are dist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant play songs on my pc (windows 10)

i used to be able to use spotify on my pc just fine but now every single songs gives me the "this song is not available" message, i already tried deleting the spotify locals folder and uninstalling spotify but it didnt work.and i can play songs in my...

• i used to be able to use spotify on my pc just fine but now every single songs gives me the "this song is not available" message, i already tried deleting the spotify locals folder and uninstall...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it okay if i took spotify twitter tags

Hi so I took @SpotifyEU and @SpotifyRU is that okay and i put them up for sale.

• Hi so I took @SpotifyEU and @SpotifyRU is that okay and i put them up for sale.
  • dhill0n232
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Daily mix isn't endless on desktop?

My Spotify app tells me in the list details that the Daily Mix is endless, but it isn't. It doesn't load more music as I listen or scroll, and once it plays the last song it just stops.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app tells me in the list details that the Daily Mix is endless, but it isn't. It doesn't load more music as I listen or scroll, and once it plays the last song it just stops.
  • mark_11234
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad language of adds

Hi, I have this problem I am in Czech Republic and I sitll keep getting German adds. Why ? And yes i have right country on my profile.

• Hi, I have this problem I am in Czech Republic and I sitll keep getting German adds. Why ? And yes i have right country on my profile. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly loading

Hi, one day I clicked log all out on the Spotify website and when I try to load back in on the Spotify desktop app it just loads infinitely. Does anyone know a fix for this?

• Hi, one day I clicked log all out on the Spotify website and when I try to load back in on the Spotify desktop app it just loads infinitely. Does anyone know a fix for this?  
  • AtlantaG
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify load only few playlist

Hi all, spotify load only few playlist, and the other stand "loading playlist" but nothing happen.I've already tryied to uninstall spotify but with no result. Thank you

• Hi all, spotify load only few playlist, and the other stand "loading playlist" but nothing happen. I've already tryied to uninstall spotify but with no result.   Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes