Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Save or Export Spotify Library or Playlists to CSV or XLS?

How do I save or export my Spotify Library or Playlists in a standard format, like CSV or XLS? I have successfully used the copy-and-paste and drag-and-drop into Word suggestions. However, these methods only provide song title and author, no album na...

• Visitor
  • How do I save or export my Spotify Library or Playlists in a standard format, like CSV or XLS?   I have successfully used the copy-and-paste and drag-and-drop into Word suggestions. However,...
  • gadour
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 20 likes

Solved!! Spotify se queda cargando y no abre

De un tiempo para aca me paso esto hace como 4 dias aprox que me paso y no me carga ni por que deje la pc encendida 10 horas

• Casual Listener
  • De un tiempo para aca me paso esto hace como 4 dias aprox que me paso y no me carga ni por que deje la pc encendida 10 horas
  • WEBERA
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

My playlists are not showing on "Discovered On"

I have a pretty popular playlist that almost always shows in an artist's "discovered on" on the desktop app. I use this to track how many listeners i'm providing artists I add to my playlists. Today, randomly, only my playlists have stopped showing i...

• Visitor
  • I have a pretty popular playlist that almost always shows in an artist's "discovered on" on the desktop app. I use this to track how many listeners i'm providing artists I add to my playlists. Today,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Problem at sign up - in family group

Hello, who can help me?...I have a family premium subscribtion. 4 of us can log in with by facebook used e-mail address and password, but 1 of us can't. "Log in with Facebook" button can't used, because on the old Win XP pc (used only for media) can'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, who can help me?... I have a family premium subscribtion. 4 of us can log in with by facebook used e-mail address and password, but 1 of us can't. "Log in with Facebook" button can'...
  • szs
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify AutoStart settings broken

Hello. I am using Spotify under Windows 10 64bit 1709 fully patched, and even if my Spotify settings are set to not autostart after login, Spotify keeps showing up at every login. at msconfig I have no spotify services, and at Startup programs Spotif...

• Hello.   I am using Spotify under Windows 10 64bit 1709 fully patched, and even if my Spotify settings are set to not autostart after login, Spotify keeps showing up at every login.   ...
  • zirila
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing and reinstall problems with windows 10

I tried opening Spotify tonight, and the window popped up for a second then closed. I looked around and it suggested I reinstall, so I tried using the remove program in control panel and it wouldn't do anything. So I look for the actual Spotify folde...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried opening Spotify tonight, and the window popped up for a second then closed.  I looked around and it suggested I reinstall, so I tried using the remove program in control panel and it wou...
  • afnola
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on the loading screen (Desktop App)

Stuck on the loading screen when I start the Spotify Desktop App. Clean install did nothing, installing an older version of Spotify didn't do anything. Can anyone help me?

• Music Fan
  • Stuck on the loading screen when I start the Spotify Desktop App. Clean install did nothing, installing an older version of Spotify didn't do anything. Can anyone help me?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't load

I'm using the windows 10 microsoft store spotify app and it is just stuck on an endless loading screen. I can't download the app from spotify.com since nothing fromt the website load. I'd like to delete my cookies and cache to see if that helps but i...

• Regular
  • I'm using the windows 10 microsoft store spotify app and it is just stuck on an endless loading screen. I can't download the app from spotify.com since nothing fromt the website load. I'd like to del...
  • _kalnic_
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn Off Saving Liked Songs

Either stop or allow users to turn off saving liked songs from Discover Weekly and Daily Mix. Those songs I do like, I place in specific playlists then having them get lost in my Library. It creates a lot of extra clicking.

• Casual Listener
  • Either stop or allow users to turn off saving liked songs from Discover Weekly and Daily Mix. Those songs I do like, I place in specific playlists then having them get lost in my Library. It creates ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • dislike
    like and dislike
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! I can't start spotify

Spotify won't start and all I see is a white spinning circle in the program. This happened after I logged out from the program and then it wouldn't work. I would appreciate help? I have tried restarting my computer and reinstalling spotify.exe.

• Regular
  • Spotify won't start and all I see is a white spinning circle in the program. This happened after I logged out from the program and then it wouldn't work. I would appreciate help? I have tried restart...
  • Defonse
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not working

I downloaded and deleted 6 times. But it still not working. It shows 'main menu downloading' thing. But there is no menu, song.

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded and deleted 6 times. But it still not working. It shows 'main menu downloading' thing. But there is no menu, song.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

WAITING FOR CONNECTION...

I installed Spotify on my laptop about half a year ago. At the time I already had an account and several playlists on my phone.Everything was working nicely and I was listening to some songs when I decided I wanted to be able to listen to them offlin...

• I installed Spotify on my laptop about half a year ago.  At the time I already had an account and several playlists on my phone. Everything was working nicely and I was listenin...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify is glitching

So I was on the top 50 songs of the world, then I started to skip ahead some songs that I already listened to, and when I stopped the songs kept going forward without me doing anything. I've reinsalled spotify, logged into my account 2 times to see i...

• Casual Listener
  • So I was on the top 50 songs of the world, then I started to skip ahead some songs that I already listened to, and when I stopped the songs kept going forward without me doing anything. I've reinsall...
  • Joel_Rolo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to make local files be recognized as regular spotify music?

Hi there everyone. I have bought an album on bandicamp - "Duet Duets" by Tim Shiel. Tim DOES have a spotify page, but this album doesn't show up in there. i want this album to be shown as regular Spotify music, in my library. How to do this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there everyone. I have bought an album on bandicamp - "Duet Duets" by Tim Shiel. Tim DOES have a spotify page, but this album doesn't show up in there. i want this album to be shown as regular Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Playlists Start Playing Overnight

I was in search of new music and linked up with Last.fm and ever since then, I'll wake up and a random music, usually rap or hiphop will be playing. (not my kind of music) Not isolated, or on a radio, but a playlist. I just signed out of last.fm, I h...

• Casual Listener
  • I was in search of new music and linked up with Last.fm and ever since then, I'll wake up and a random music, usually rap or hiphop will be playing. (not my kind of music)  Not isolated, or on a...
  • larneyman
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Spotify doesn't show as connectable device until...

...I maximize the window and click on the Connect to a device-button. I listen to Spotify all day long and have the desktop version up and running 24/7 so when I come home I just hit connect on my android and continue listening on my desktop (win10 v...

• Roadie
  • ...I maximize the window and click on the Connect to a device-button.   I listen to Spotify all day long and have the desktop version up and running 24/7 so when I come home I just hit connect...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I've got a ton of public playlists but they aren't showing up on my profile page?

For some reason, they all show up on the web player but they won't show up on the desktop player, even when I look from someone else's account. I'm not sure how to make them show up? I go to other people's profiles who have a lot of playlists too and...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason, they all show up on the web player but they won't show up on the desktop player, even when I look from someone else's account. I'm not sure how to make them show up? I go to other pe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify technical issues, app is crashing

I liked spotify for a while, but the technical problems are too much to bear at this point. Both the Windows desktop app and the Android phone app have so many bugs, from song titles not matching up to the song that's playing, having to kill the proc...

• ...hese replies saying that it hasn't been resolved. Anyways, It took way too **bleep** long to figure out how to even post a complaint, they always want to defer you to chat so your issues won't be public...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Volume Lowering When Playing PC Games

Hey all, I have Bought a Predator 17 and when ever I'm listening to music and then open any PC games the volume on spotify drops by about 40%. Didnt do it on previous PC.**Changing the Communications tab to 'do nothing' is not helping**

• Hey all, I have Bought a Predator 17 and when ever I'm listening to music and then open any PC games the volume on spotify drops by about 40%. Didnt do it on previous PC. **Changing the Communicat...
  • kelvinelove
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad fit to screen on maximize on diferent display sizes.

I have 3 screens on my PC, Spotify starts on my lower resolution screen and maximize the application, then drag the application to the screen with greater resolution and maximize, the application is cut to the size of lower resolution and can not be ...

• I have 3 screens on my PC, Spotify starts on my lower resolution screen and  maximize the application, then drag the application to the screen with greater resolution and maximize, the applicati...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes