Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Resetting password

I want to change my Spotify password. Yes I know my current password, but whenever I try to reset my password with this link it says "This **bleep** should not be blank. This **bleep** should not be blank." why does this happen and what is the cause ...

• I want to change my Spotify password. Yes I know my current password, but whenever I try to reset my password with this link it says "This **bleep** should not be blank. This **bleep** shou...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not all playlists will appear upon startup

When I start spotify on my computer, not all of my playlists will be available to add songs to. They're all visible to scroll through on the left and I can listen to them, but if I right click a song to add it to a playlist, only a select few will be...

• Casual Listener
  • When I start spotify on my computer, not all of my playlists will be available to add songs to. They're all visible to scroll through on the left and I can listen to them, but if I right click a song...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Random albums being added to queue and autoplaying

This has been happening this past week or so. I will just be sitting at my computer and then suddenly music will start playing on Spotify. It is always the same artist and a lot of the times the same song. For no prompted reason, these albums will ju...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been happening this past week or so. I will just be sitting at my computer and then suddenly music will start playing on Spotify. It is always the same artist and a lot of the times the same...
  • Eeveon
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Windows 10 and Google Home Mini - can only one play at a time?

So I have a Google Home Mini device connected to my Spotify Account. The speaker is in the kitchen and my PC is in my home office. My wife would start a playlist (from my account) using the speaker, but if I was listening to music on my PC, it would ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have a Google Home Mini device connected to my Spotify Account.  The speaker is in the kitchen and my PC is in my home office.  My wife would start a playlist (from my account) us...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Help

How do I keep songs strictly in a playlist, but not have them play in my library?

• How do I keep songs strictly in a playlist, but not have them play in my library?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Playlist Images not updating publicly

Hey spotify freinds: I couldn't find any submitted questions on this topic: I recently changed the playlist image for one of my playlists. I see the new image when I perform a search, but when another person (not me) searches for my playlist, the "ol...

• Visitor
  • Hey spotify freinds:   I couldn't find any submitted questions on this topic:    I recently changed the playlist image for one of my playlists.  I see the new image when I per...
  • Charliebaf704
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Music i have plays on my phone app but not on the desktop

ok basically i have listen to a song on my phone but when i want to listen to it on my computer it says its not available, why is that?

• ok basically i have listen to a song on my phone but when i want to listen to it on my computer it says its not available, why is that?
  • ohyeahtakethat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cache gets random deleted

Again Spotify just changed the Cache Folder to C:\ which by the way is a joke, its 2018 noone uses C:\ on a win-pc as data store....As soon as i change the folder to my old one with more than 20GB data Spotify just deletes my whole cache and doesn't ...

• Music Fan
  • Again Spotify just changed the Cache Folder to C:\ which by the way is a joke, its 2018 noone uses C:\ on a win-pc as data store.... As soon as i change the folder to my old one with more than 20GB ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files play but artist and album are greyed out

last week I was working on my local files area. Each song I would click on Album and choose the song and add it to Songs in my Library. (I did this so when I didn't have my external drive plugged in I would have the song still available in Songs in m...

• Casual Listener
  • last week I was working on my local files area. Each song I would click on Album and choose the song and add it to Songs in my Library. (I did this so when I didn't have my external drive plugged in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Why isn't there an option to delete the 'now playing' song?

Just wondering why they forgot to add the option 'remove from playlist' when you right click on a song currently playing (from a playlist you creted)? Makes no sense. Instead you have to search that song in your playlist and delete it from there.

• Casual Listener
  • Just wondering why they forgot to add the option 'remove from playlist' when you right click on a song currently playing (from a playlist you creted)? Makes no sense. Instead you have to search that ...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs on playlist removed (desktop) but still view-able on Mobile App, but with songs greyed out

My playlist is suddenly empty on the desktop app but not empty (all there) on my phone, but there are some songs greyed out. I can play these songs separately if I search for them. Also there are a lot more than 14 songs on my playlist. Please tell m...

• Casual Listener
  • My playlist is suddenly empty on the desktop app but not empty (all there) on my phone, but there are some songs greyed out. I can play these songs separately if I search for them. Also there are a l...
  • limshengren
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10, Spotify freezes PC randomly after Creators Update

After I updated to the latest version of Windows 10, namely the creators update, the spotify desktop app completely freezes my PC while playing music (seemigly at random). It makes weird static noises and then everything freezes and I have to hit the...

• Casual Listener
  • After I updated to the latest version of Windows 10, namely the creators update, the spotify desktop app completely freezes my PC while playing music (seemigly at random). It makes weird static noise...
  • iaravps
  • 88 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 88 replies
  • 11 likes

I have lost audio output to my speakers and headphones although I can ouput to external devices.

I can output to my speakers and headphones from Windows media player so it seems its just a problem with Spotify.Any body have any suggestions?

• Visitor
  • I can output to my speakers and headphones from Windows media player so it seems its just a problem with Spotify. Any body have any suggestions?
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Music?

I go to play one of my playlist off of my laptop but when it starts it, all it does is go through play the song for less then a sec (minus the sound) and then skip to the next until it reaches the end of the playlist and then it stops

• I go to play one of my playlist off of my laptop but when it starts it, all it does is go through play the song for less then a sec (minus the sound) and then skip to the next until it reaches the en...
  • monkwindu
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracking Listening History - Alternative to My Collection

Hi, I'm aware that there is a 10,000 track limit in collection, and up-til-now I've been adding the first track of each album i've listened to and liked and as way of keeping track of what albums I've listened to. I'm aware this is a limit set to kee...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,    I'm aware that there is a 10,000 track limit in collection, and up-til-now I've been adding the first track of each album i've listened to and liked and as way of keeping trac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify taking a long time to respond/pause/play music

After running Spotify for 30+ minutes, I will run into an issue where when I try to pause (or play) music, there will be anywhere from a 15-second to a 5-minute delay before Spotify will respond. The delay usually gets worse the longer I have Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • After running Spotify for 30+ minutes, I will run into an issue where when I try to pause (or play) music, there will be anywhere from a 15-second to a 5-minute delay before Spotify will respond. The...
  • 12D3
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Printing my playlist. How do i do that?

who can tell me if [and how] printing my playlist is a possibility?

• who can tell me if [and how] printing my playlist is a possibility?
  • William_Hinman
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My "don't play this song" button is not working for my daily mix.

I have hit "don't play this song" on the same song 3 times. How did it not get removed? I know many of the uses for spotify and have used the daily mix for around 6 months or so and today, certain songs I have already removed with the don't play butt...

• I have hit "don't play this song" on the same song 3 times. How did it not get removed? I know many of the uses for spotify and have used the daily mix for around 6 months or so and today, certain so...
  • PinkCheetah1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Making Spotify Default music player in windows 10

Is there ever going to be a way to have all my music open in spotify by default?Windows 10, music player, default player

• Is there ever going to be a way to have all my music open in spotify by default?Windows 10, music player, default player
  • Malakakw
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes