Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

SPOTFY UNINSTALL IN WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

CANNOT UNINSTALL SPOTIFY DESPITE TRYING ALL THE SUGGESTIONS FROM THE FORUM. DRIVES ME NUTS. ANY IDEA'S

• Casual Listener
  • CANNOT UNINSTALL SPOTIFY DESPITE TRYING ALL THE SUGGESTIONS FROM THE FORUM. DRIVES ME NUTS. ANY IDEA'S  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A different song on Windows?

Hello. I have an issue with one of my songs in my library. On the smartphone app, the track "Floating" from Tobu has vocals. When I play it on my Windows PC, I hear the song without them. It´s the same song because it's saved in my library.Thx for an...

• Hello. I have an issue with one of my songs in my library. On the smartphone app, the track "Floating" from Tobu has vocals. When I play it on my Windows PC, I hear the song without them. It´s the sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend's activity not playing when I click on them

Hello and greetings, I love music and love to hear what other people are playing to expand my music library even more. So heres my problem. I have my friend's activity showing up, when I click on the song to listen to whats being played, it just show...

• Hello and greetings,   I love music and love to hear what other people are playing to expand my music library even more. So heres my problem. I have my friend's activity showing up, when I cli...
  • sly707
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: When clicking on cover art play button, music doesn't play

When clicking the paly button on album/artist art to begin playing music the player at the bottom changes to reflect the album playing; however, no music actually plays. I need to then click on and click the song to begin playing.

• When clicking the paly button on album/artist art to begin playing music the player at the bottom changes to reflect the album playing; however, no music actually plays.  I need to then click o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

After latest Windows desktop update, new release button broken

OK what'd they do this time? I can click through and play the new music from its own page, but the little arrrow-circle on the album/single cover? Click, nothin happens. Ugh. Bugs!

• Casual Listener
  • OK what'd they do this time? I can click through and play the new music from its own page, but the little arrrow-circle on the album/single cover? Click, nothin happens. Ugh. Bugs!
  • BarneyL
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into Spotify from Windows 10.

As the title says, I am unable to log into the PC client on windows 10 as it says the username/password is incorrect Error 4.The password is not incorrect, as it works on Android and the web portal. Also the reset password link from the app also does...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says, I am unable to log into the PC client on windows 10 as it says the username/password is incorrect Error 4. The password is not incorrect, as it works on Android and the web port...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Black screen for spotify

A couple weeks ago the trouble started. Sometimes spotify doesn't want to load my search and took like 5 minutes to load. The song that played wasn't always up to date at the downside of my screen. Now 2 days ago the spotify screen stayed like it was...

• A couple weeks ago the trouble started. Sometimes spotify doesn't want to load my search and took like 5 minutes to load. The song that played wasn't always up to date at the downside of my screen. N...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing audio to headphones - No Audio

When I change audio to my headphones from my speakers, it is no sound. When I change back to speakers it works but not on headphones. Then I must restart spotify and it works again. I still can change the device the first minutes but then after a whi...

• When I change audio to my headphones from my speakers, it is no sound. When I change back to speakers it works but not on headphones. Then I must restart spotify and it works again. I still can chang...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes when changing audio device

Because of this I have to kill the spotify process and restart every time I connect my headphones. I have had this problem for a long time, and several different machines. Mac seems to have the same problem: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-M...

• Casual Listener
  • Because of this I have to kill the spotify process and restart every time I connect my headphones.  I have had this problem for a long time, and several different machines.  Mac seems to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I can not find a specific picture that I want to set as my playlist icon.

Yesterday, I was looking for a specific picture to set as the icon of a playlist of mine. I clicked on my playlist icon to 'Edit Playlist Details', and then on the 'Choose Image' section which lead me to the 'Open File' page. However, no matter how f...

• Yesterday, I was looking for a specific picture to set as the icon of a playlist of mine. I clicked on my playlist icon to 'Edit Playlist Details', and then on the 'Choose Image' section which lead m...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Uniinstall spotify

I can't uniinstall spotify and i want to. When i try, nothing happen. Give me a solution you can't force me to use it or to pay for it if i don't want to. That is illegal.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't uniinstall spotify and i want to. When i try, nothing happen. Give me a solution you can't force me to use it or to pay for it if i don't want to. That is illegal.
  • John_Mathis
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What's up with album and track sorting under "Artists"?

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why can't my albums be sorted by date (chronological) as any normal player does? This is under Artists. And no, I don't to go to the artist page.

Screenshot - 2017.08.22 - (20.46.54).jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • This is absolutely ridiculous. Why can't my albums be sorted by date (chronological) as any normal player does? This is under Artists. And no, I don't to go to the artist page.  
  • Dexter_prog
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify can't install, can't delete app data > Application running

Spotify did one of it's automatic updates, but then it was stuck on the installing bar forever. I then received error 18 and 14. So I uninstall spotify through control panel, but when I try to reinstall after rebooting I get the same message.When I t...

• Spotify did one of it's automatic updates, but then it was stuck on the installing bar forever. I then received error 18 and 14. So I uninstall spotify through control panel, but when I try to reinst...
  • ESSSEIT
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Fehlermeldung: Der an einen Systemaufruf übergebene Datenbereich ist zu klein.

I have installed the Spotify Windows App, but it doesn't launch. It brings up the following error message:Der an einen Systemaufruf übergebene Datenbereich ist zu klein.(Data Area Passed to a System Call Is Too Small.)What could be the solution? Than...

• I have installed the Spotify Windows App, but it doesn't launch. It brings up the following error message: Der an einen Systemaufruf übergebene  Datenbereich ist zu klein . (Data Area Passed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect For Desktop App Greyed Out for Premium

I have a Windows 10 pc running a newly reinstalled Spotify that does not allow me to connect to my other devices. My Spotify app on my iPhone can stream to my chromecast. All devices are on the same WiFi network.

• I have a Windows 10 pc running a newly reinstalled Spotify that does not allow me to connect to my other devices.  My Spotify app on my iPhone can stream to my chromecast.  All devices are ...
  • juan_playa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Autostart

Every time I use spotify on my PC (windows 7), it sneaks itself into the autostart.The autostart option in spotify settings is still set on "no".But whenever I use spotify and restart my PC, spotify starts automatically and I have to remove it from t...

• Every time I use spotify on my PC (windows 7), it sneaks itself into the autostart. The autostart option in spotify settings is still set on "no". But whenever I use spotify and restart my PC, spot...
  • Wevenhuis
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop autostart spotify

It is super annoying spotify start it self since the last update and you can't turn it off. It just start when you start the computer.no matter what you do. It seems like malware, but I have a fully legal premium account. how can I prevent Spotify on...

• It is super annoying spotify start it self since the last update and you can't turn it off. It just start when you start the computer. no matter what you do. It seems like malware, but I have a full...
  • Wevenhuis
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

new Windows 10 build, Spotify embarrassingly slow

I've tried all these deleting cache techniques and what not, but this is a new system build with no local files. Super fresh. Spotify is insanely slow. So to make this a little less complainy to help the devs: -When Spotify is minimized, and I click ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried all these deleting cache techniques and what not, but this is a new system build with no local files. Super fresh. Spotify is insanely slow. So to make this a little less complainy to help...
  • Wevenhuis
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify being slow and having lags

Dear Spotify Community, It has been a long while since I have posted here... so here I am again :D. After the latest interface update my Spotify has turned (very) slow. I have no idea why it turned so slow. I am currently running Windows 10, but also...

• Visitor
  • Dear Spotify Community,   It has been a long while since I have posted here... so here I am again :D.   After the latest interface update my Spotify has turned (very) slow. I have no id...
  • Wevenhuis
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod