Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify says I'm offline when I'm not

I'm not offline, but spotify thinks I am. I have logged out and logged in again, disconnected from wi-fi and connected back again, I even uninstalled spotify (and then had to download an older version because it wouldn't load). It keeps doing the sam...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not offline, but spotify thinks I am. I have logged out and logged in again, disconnected from wi-fi and connected back again, I even uninstalled spotify (and then had to download an older versio...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps auto starting despite disabled settings

Yeah, I know; this topic has re-surfaced more times than syphilis. But I'm at a loss here. I've disabled the autostart feature in advanced settings and the setting "Allow Spotify to be opened from the Web". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the applic...

• Yeah, I know; this topic has re-surfaced more times than syphilis. But I'm at a loss here.   I've disabled the autostart feature in advanced settings and the setting "Allow Spotify to be opene...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • startup
    Startup Bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to view artist.

Artist is "Rude." bug applies to any song, for instance, "Eternal Youth", web link works fine. Whenever I'm trying to look for songs of this artist, if I then click on his name in the table (or rightclick > Go to Artist), I get "Something went wrong"...

• Artist is "Rude." bug applies to any song, for instance, "Eternal Youth", web link works fine. Whenever I'm trying to look for songs of this artist, if I then click on his name in the table (or ...
  • hmhrex
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Autostart in windows 10

I already disable the autostart in the menu and even in the task manager i dont even have the option, so i believe in this case is also disable. So why like, from 10 times i turn on my pc, like, 8, Spotify autostart? Im using W10 with latest updates.

a.jpg b.jpg
  • Visitor
  • I already disable the autostart in the menu and even in the task manager i dont even have the option, so i believe in this case is also disable. So why like, from 10 times i turn on my pc, like, 8, S...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify spinning circle

Hello, I have searched the forums & tried solutions related to the above title. Here is my issue, and the series of events that led up to it, described in detail: 1) I install Vbox with intentions of running a VM I need2) Windows blue screen crashes ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have searched the forums & tried solutions related to the above title. Here is my issue, and the series of events that led up to it, described in detail:   1) I install V...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify installer

I tried to stop an installation which suddenly announced it was happening. Now I have had a dialogue box for over 24 hours saying Spotify installer aborting - looking as if it is actually running, wioth a green moving bar. But it doesn't end and can'...

• I tried to stop an installation which suddenly announced it was happening. Now I have had a dialogue box for over 24 hours saying Spotify installer aborting - looking as if it is actually runnin...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What has happened to Spotify's ability to quickly load on my Windows desktop. I am a musician in a b

What has happened to Spotify's ability to quickly load on my Windows desktop. I am a musician in a band and a sometimes DJ and it is becoming almost impossible to use. The company will probably raise $5 billion in their planned Spring 2018 stock list...

• Casual Listener
  • What has happened to Spotify's ability to quickly load on my Windows desktop. I am a musician in a band and a sometimes DJ and it is becoming almost impossible to use. The company will probably raise...
  • fjcarr78
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not seeing Phone (Web Player does)

So for a while now my Desktop/Laptop clients can't find my Phone unless I toggle my Wi-Fi (From connect -> disconnect or vica versa) The web client always sees my phone immediaty. My phone also sees my Desktop/Laptop. What can I do?

• Regular
  • So for a while now my Desktop/Laptop clients can't find my Phone unless I toggle my Wi-Fi (From connect -> disconnect or vica versa)   The web client always sees my phone immediaty. My phon...
  • Barriie
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect - error code 4

Last week at work I restarted my PC and now Spotify will not connect. I am behind an HTTPS proxy, my settings are correct. Nothing has changed in my work's network - this is an issue with Spotify. I have reinstalled twice, I have cleared the proxy se...

• Music Fan
  • Last week at work I restarted my PC and now Spotify will not connect. I am behind an HTTPS proxy, my settings are correct. Nothing has changed in my work's network - this is an issue with Spotify. &...
  • apar0778
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Devices "steals" my music

I my home, I have Spotify installed on several devices.My problem is that while listening to music on my Windows PC in the Spotify app, my music suddently dissapears. This is because someone in my house have turned on a device with my Spotify account...

• I my home, I have Spotify installed on several devices. My problem is that while listening to music on my Windows PC in the Spotify app, my music suddently dissapears. This is because someone in my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is becoming almost unusable in loading on my computer

What has happened to Spotify's ability to quickly load on my Windows desktop. I am a musician in a band and a sometimes DJ and it is becoming almost impossible to use. The company will probably raise $5 billion in their planned Spring 2018 stock list...

• Casual Listener
  • What has happened to Spotify's ability to quickly load on my Windows desktop. I am a musician in a band and a sometimes DJ and it is becoming almost impossible to use. The company will probably raise...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available: even after CLEAN windows 10 install

Not only did I try every traditional "fix" found on the forums, I even tried completely reinstalling windows 10. I am still getting this problem. I can't even play local files that I added to spotify! Updated BIOSUpdated driversDeleted user folder in...

• Casual Listener
  • Not only did I try every traditional "fix" found on the forums, I even tried completely reinstalling windows 10. I am still getting this problem. I can't even play local files that I added to spotify...
  • JasonHenslee
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Start Spotify NOT in Browse/Discover?

Do you enjoy getting content you don't want forced down your throat? Do you wish the Desktop App would not load into the propaganda of its Browse panel, and instead load whichever section you enjoy like Daily Mix or Radio or Recently Played? Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Do you enjoy getting content you don't want forced down your throat? Do you wish the Desktop App would not load into the propaganda of its Browse panel, and instead load whichever sect...
  • isitnexttoyou
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a command to play a playlist using command line?

Hi, I want to fall asleep and wake up to music on Spotify. I'm making a batch file to do this but I still need a command to play a playlist on Spotify. If you know how to do this can you please help. Thanks. This is what I have so far - @echo offping...

• Hi, I want to fall asleep and wake up to music on Spotify. I'm making a batch file to do this but I still need a command to play a playlist on Spotify. If you know how to do this can you please hel...
  • ferrum
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Online version glitchy

I dont have antying downloaded as I use from work but find the online version doesn't always play properly, currently its playing but no sound anyone else had this?Also why arn't the postcasts on the online version? I have had to resort to Deezer wit...

• I dont have antying downloaded as I use from work but find the online version doesn't always play properly, currently its playing but no sound anyone else had this? Also why arn't the postcasts on...
  • Mgamer
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Responding

I've read all the previous posts about going to Task Manager and reinstalling and I've done all that and nothing works. I still get either a white screen or a message saying " Spotify is not responding." I'm not very tech savvy so some of the other s...

• I've read all the previous posts about going to Task Manager and reinstalling and I've done all that and nothing works. I still get either a white screen or a message saying " Spotify is not respondi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HALP: Add Me to the Queue of People Who Don't Understand the Queue

OK, I think I have some idea of how to use the queue feature, but here's where I run into problems: Let's say I have a queue of a 3 or 4 albums and it's midway through. Suddenly, I get into a different mood and want to hear a different sort of music ...

• Casual Listener
  • OK, I think I have some idea of how to use the queue feature, but here's where I run into problems:   Let's say I have a queue of a 3 or 4 albums and it's midway through. Suddenly, I get ...
  • WriterDreamer
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

[Win10] Local Music doesn't use Track# to sort the display/playback of purchased music...

I bought an album you don't stream off of Amazon music and downloaded it locally. I changed the settigns in the win10 app to point to the directory. Good News is the app sees it and the songs appear under Local Files (I agree with other requests to m...

• I bought an album you don't stream off of Amazon music and downloaded it locally.  I changed the settigns in the win10 app to point to the directory.  Good News is the app sees it and the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't seem to get Airfoil to play Spotify app. Recommendations?

Do I need to make any changes within the App to have Spoitify play on the Apple TV over Airfoil? Maybe changes on the actual computer sound output? I'm stuck, please help. I've selected the spotify app on Airfoil and it does recognize my apple TV, ho...

• Do I need to make any changes within the App to have Spoitify play on the Apple TV over Airfoil? Maybe changes on the actual computer sound output? I'm stuck, please help. I've selected the spotify a...
  • granzoporo
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics not showing when playing music on Echo Dot

Lyrics are not showing on the Spotify app on PC when I listen on my Echo Dot. Lyrics still appear when I'm playing on my phone. When I turn off Animated Background while playing music on the Echo Dot, random colors start flashing. This issue does not...

• Lyrics are not showing on the Spotify app on PC when I listen on my Echo Dot. Lyrics still appear when I'm playing on my phone. When I turn off Animated Background while playing music on the Echo Dot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes